Ares Games

Thread: My Zeppelin

Default My Zeppelin

Here is a zeppelin I made out of a single piece of foam. It's not perfect and out of scale, it is only 19 in long. But it is playable. I ran a zeppelin hunt scenario at a couple of conventions. It went over pretty good.

Nice, do you have any larger pictures you could post of it?

... and some details about your scenario.

Well done!

Attilio

Looks good. I don't think out of scale is that important it improves playability.

Yes, more information please! I am planning on running a tourney in October.

lets see if these work out better.

What kind of stats did you give that thing?

The basis of my scenario is that the allies are attacking a zeppelin on it's way back from a bombing mission. All the zeppelin has to do is get off the far edge of the table. I had 6 players. 4 allies 2 central powers and I GMed and ran the zeppelin.
    As for my scenario rules.
    setup: the first time I ran it I had the zeppelin try to run the gauntlet and get through the allies. If it was not for luck the zeppelin would have gone down fast. The second time it started in the middle of the table. 4 allied planes behind and 2 friendlies coming to help ahead.
    the zeppelin was armed with 2-a guns front and back with 3-b guns along the side. These would fire at the closest enemy in range. The movement was one half a card length at the start of each turn. the planes got 3 moves to every 1 of the zeppelins.
    if a spotter was killed the gun closest to the attacking plane would be taken out for the rest of the game. When the zeppelin caught fire it would continue to burn for the whole game. And it can have multiple fires on it. If the zeppelin drew the explosion card it was treated as another fire.
    I gave the Zeppelin 56 damage points.
    This worked out pretty good. I have ran this twice with the outcome Allies-1 Central Powers-1

Thanks for sharing. Something about those airships I always found fascinating. I really want to work them into my gaming and your scenario should make it easy. Thanks!

Looks Great - a lot of hard work for you to produce, but the end result obviously made it worthwhile.

Love it, looks great. Oh, but if I had such talent!

Looks intimidating ...I always wanted to try using one of these.

Default cool

that nice! i am in the prose. of building one my self. i build rc airplanes so i am trying the stick and covering apro. where did you get the size for it?

Great effort Brian - it may be the perspective doing it but that looks in scale in a wierd kind of way & obviously a very playable size. Well done.

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Thanks. I based the size on the biggest piece of styrofoam I had, 19 inches long. This also made it still playable.

Similar Missions

1. Zeppelin Model!!!
    By LazyEyedPsycho in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 09:32
  2. Movie Zeppelin
    By Coog in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 11-01-2012, 14:59
  3. Zeppelin
    By Zeppelin in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 26