Ares Games
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: OTT Early Doors Mission 8: The Battle of the Somme

Come on you Eagles. We are now down 3 missions. It's 6:3 in favour of the Entente!

Not to mention the 170 points (not counting J Biggles to come) difference.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Right then chaps, mission flown, rail head blown to bits
    To the mess while I write up my report
    Sounds like another successful British Victory!

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Right then chaps, mission flown, rail head blown to bits
    To the mess while I write up my report
    While you are there could you order one in for me and a couple of pickled eggs. Bit peckish after this tank busting mission.

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

As we are now well past the end date for this scenario and scenario 9 is the last battle of the somme then I deem this scenario closed.
    The results:

5 Entente players flew all 3 missions in some capacity. (1x1, 3x2, 1x3) for a total of 643 points + 25 points = 668 points

4 Central Powers players flew missions 2 and 3 in some capacity (1x2, 3x3) for a total of 698 points

As the central powers did not fly mission 1 the Entente gain 25 points for shooting down Max Immelmann.

However as the Entente bombed the rail yard the following must be taken into consideration:

A full squadron of planes were lost bombing the railyard at St Quentin. It was not learned until much later that the resulting explosion heard many miles way was from upwards of 68 ammunition TRAINS, yes TRAINS exploding in the railyard. A German division was de-training to push the British advance back and with them were the entire ammunition stock for the division and reserve artillery. The result was the Germans could not expand on their late successes and the Somme ended in a stalemate. An entire German regiment was decimated in this attack.

Well done the Entente for holding their end of the line and for the remaining CP players who fought back just as hard to achieve the stalemate.

lets see what mission 9 brings to see the final outcome.

That's a shame as I planned to play this game during spring break after graduation.

which would be next Monday

Still play it James, if only for your pilots and possible advancement, but for the points side for who won we had to draw a line somewhere. Apologies.

Neil

Central Powers Mission 1: What if……Max Immelman hadn’t been shot down.

Quick Question, Max Immelman had up graded to the Eindecker E.IV in January 1916 which he used exclusively until June 18 where the engine pretty much tore itself from the air frame and on the day of his death he was forced to use is older Eindecker E.II (246/16) however the rest of the KEK Douai pilots were still using their Fokker E.IV with twin machine gun as well as other units that were still using the Eindecker aircraft. So does this mean that the second pilot can use an Eindecker E.IV with the G A 11 stats?

lets see what mission 9 brings to see the final outcome.
    It looks like a tie at five all but someone check my reading of the results !

Sapiens qui vigilat "He is wise who watches"

Play it any way you wish James. Be nice to see a EIV flying.

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    Central Powers Mission 1: What if……Max Immelman hadn’t been shot down.

Quick Question, Max Immelman had up graded to the Eindecker E.IV in January 1916 which he used exclusively until June 18 where the engine pretty much tore itself from the air frame and on the day of his death he was forced to use is older Eindecker E.II (246/16) however the rest of the KEK Douai pilots were still using their Fokker E.IV with twin machine gun as well as other units that were still using the Eindecker aircraft. So does this mean that the second pilot can use an Eindecker E.IV with the G A 11 stats?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 10:25
  2. Replies: 26
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 10:00
  3. Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-01-2015, 09:29
  4. AAR OTT Early Doors Mission 2 - Change of Tactics - Early February 1916
    By johnbiggles in forum Over the Trenches
    Replies: 18