Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The New Planes Series 8

Default The New Planes Series 8

Hi Guys Here's the new Series 8 planesAttachment 153299Attachment 153308Attachment 153307Attachment 153306Attachment 153305Attachment 153304Attachment 153303Attachment 153302Attachment 153301Attachment 153300Attachment 153298Attachment 153309
    here's a list of the crew
    Fokker E.V (Lowenhardt)
    Fokker E.V (Osterkamp)
    Fokker E.V (Sharon)
    Hannover CL.IIIa (BaurVon Hengl)
    Hannover CL.IIIa (HagerWeber)
    Hannover CL.IIIa (Luftstreitkräfte)
    Macchi M.5 (Arcidiacono)
    Macchi M.5 (Haviland)
    Macchi M.5 (Welker)
    Nieuport Ni.28 (Hartney)
    Nieuport Ni.28 (O'Neil)
    Nieuport Ni.28 (Rickenbacker)
    Great stuff Looking forward to flying Eddies new (Old) Nieuport Ni.28
    Last edited by andron234; 12-22-2014 at 17:07.

They look great! I am psyched!

And all crewed by garden gnomes who can't see out of the cockpit.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

What is it with the size of the pilots, why do they make them so small?

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    And all crewed by garden gnomes who can't see out of the cockpit.

You are so right!!

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    What is it with the size of the pilots, why do they make them so small?
    Maby they are birds.

I mean, they seem to duck in the cockpit

Nice set of pictures Drew, with warts and all.
    I will be happy just to get them onto the table.
    Thanks for posting.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Nice set of pictures Drew, with warts and all.
    I will be happy just to get them onto the table.
    Thanks for posting.
    Rob.
    I agree

Seeing them now, I'll be getting the Hanovers and Seaplanes.

One of each and probably more than one of the Nieuport 28.

LOOP

2 EV:s, 2 N28 and 1 Hannover. Limited budget

LOOP

The Picture on top of Rickenbacker's wing? What does it show? Is it some sort of movieposter.......

pmacko

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    The Picture on top of Rickenbacker's wing? What does it show? Is it some sort of movieposter.......
    They were Liberty Loan posters that some of the pilots glued to the upper surfaces of their wings. I think its kind of like war bonds

pmacko

These are all really nice planes! Not sure of the utility ofd the flying boats but they are beautifully done. Really like the Fokker DVIII's

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by pmacko View Post
    They were Liberty Loan posters that some of the pilots glued to the upper surfaces of their wings. I think its kind of like war bonds
    Aha... Well I haved found a good picture on the net but maybe if I search for "Liberty loan" I be more lucky

LOOP

Yeas found it straight away

Wings look a bit slabbish to anyone else? Can't really see the nice airfoil shape there that I like.

I'm surprised the DVIII and N28 use the same movement decks. Same as the Hanriot if I'm not mistaken.

One EV, one N28, all the Hanovers and Macchis.
    Rob.

Here's a Liberty Loan poster I (they) made earlier (1917)Attachment 153411

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by andron234 View Post
    Here's a Liberty Loan poster I (they) made earlier (1917)Attachment 153411
    It is looks a lot like the "liberté"-painting by Delacriox. Or share a lot of similarities at least.

Not only that, it looks as though the two doughboys are cowering from her giant hand...

It is looks a lot like the "liberté"-painting by Delacriox. Or share a lot of similarities at least.
    Here's the Delacroix painting for comparison - might not actually be the original

That certainly is taking a liberty in several ways.
    Any idea if there was any special reason why Rickenbacker chose the other one for his top wing?
    Rob

9 of the above, definitely!

Not sure about the floatplanes..................don't have any floatplanes........................don't really want any floatplanes..........................they do look pretty, though..................

That certainly is taking a liberty in several ways.
    Any idea if there was any special reason why Rickenbacker chose the other one for his top wing?
    Rob
    Given the reputation of the 28 to shed fabric from the wings, it was probably used to patch over a hole

And I'll be getting one each of the series, although I may have a few more Fokkers for repaints.

From what I understand the poster is made from paper, So it would just rip, No I think it's a wind-up for the HunAttachment 153441 Also I think I have a match with the poster

From what I understand the poster is made from paper, So it would just rip, No I think it's a wind-up for the HunAttachment 153441 Also I think I have a match with the poster
    No s**t Sherlock

Do you think any hun could get close enough to read it?
    Rob.

Love the look of the Hanovers, want all of them

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    9 of the above, definitely!

Not sure about the floatplanes..................don't have any floatplanes........................don't really want any floatplanes..........................they do look pretty, though..................
    Listen to the voices in your head Tim... you know you really want floatplanes, floatplanes are good, floatplanes are different.....and oh so pretty.... just think of the re-paint fun you can have with those.... you know it makes sense !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Listen to the voices in your head Tim... you know you really want floatplanes, floatplanes are good, floatplanes are different.....and oh so pretty.... just think of the re-paint fun you can have with those.... you know it makes sense !!!
    Be very careful about the floatplanes...put them in water and they float, so they must be witches!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Be very careful about the floatplanes...put them in water and they float, so they must be witches!
    If you ask me Pete that's nothing but an absolute load of Warlocks.

Kyte.

LOOP

Well they float, they fly.... I to think they must be witches

And what do you do with Witches ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hang them Chris.
    Only the Scots used to do the unmentionable word.
    Kyte.

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Burn burn burn burn burn!!!!!!

The unmentionable word.... what marry them??

Hannovers and possibly the N28's for me.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Burn burn burn burn burn!!!!!!
    Didn't know you were Scottish Per!
    Rob.

Hi Guys, I received a phone call tonight informing me (In regards to the theft of my wow cards etc... ) that I had brought "his club" into disrepute by alleging there was a thief in "his club" as a result I am no longer welcome in "his club" from that I take it the police have been in contact with him, He also said that he would be contacting his lawyer, Hence I cant "Name and shame his club" and before I forget,I would like to thank Chris Lambert for his kind help over my loss, Rob is there a medal for kindness?

Thumbs up

Hi Guys, I received a phone call tonight informing me (In regards to the theft of my wow cards etc... ) that I had brought "his club" into disrepute by alleging there was a thief in "his club" as a result I am no longer welcome in "his club" from that I take it the police have been in contact with him, He also said that he would be contacting his lawyer, Hence I cant "Name and shame his club" and before I forget,I would like to thank Chris Lambert for his kind help over my loss, Rob is there a medal for kindness?
    Well all I can say is "Tough titty" to him!
    It was at "his" club the theft took place so if the Police need to make enquiries its "his" problem.
    Do NOT let him shaft you. You have nothing to fear from his lawyer!

'blushes' lol thanks, sounds like this guy is a grade 'A' scumbag

I would like to thank Chris Lambert for his kind help over my loss, Rob is there a medal for kindness?
    I would have a word with Keith. If not let me know chapter and verse. We will see what we can do.
    Rob.

"Thou doth protest too much."

Drew,
    It makes me wonder if the individual is the guilty party?

And how could you possibly bring his club into disrepute when your property went missing at his club, that he was made aware of at the time, and appeared to condone through dismissal? This isn't your action, it is your reaction, and an attempt to recover property that went missing at his club. I would mention his protestations to the police, for their consideration.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I would have a word with Keith. If not let me know chapter and verse. We will see what we can do.
    Rob.
    Sorry Keith?

Sorry Keith?
    Sorry Drew.
    Oberst Hajj. our esteemed leader.
    Rob.

Hi Guys, I received a phone call tonight informing me (In regards to the theft of my wow cards etc... ) that I had brought "his club" into disrepute by alleging there was a thief in "his club" as a result I am no longer welcome in "his club"
    To misquote Groucho Marx, I wouldn't want to belong to any club that he would let me into.
    Rob.

You would think any honest person would want to get to the bottom of the incident and bring the guilty to brook. Otherwise he is just condoning the theft and by chance or design leaving that individual, who I might add is the pesron who has brought his club into disrepute, free to do it again.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

BURN THEM, BURN THEM AT THE STAKE!!!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. WW I Series 1 planes for sale
    By Willi Von Klugermann in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-11-2011, 08:03
  2. WTB: Series 3 Planes
    By sparty in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 03-26-2011, 07:14
  3. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-14-2011, 15:51