Ares Games

Thread: Anyone own any Merit International 1/200 models,

Default Anyone own any Merit International 1/200 models,

Anyone out there heard or have experience of Merit International models as they seem to produce blister packs of 4 B25s, Dauntless and Devastators.
    http://www.diecastairplane.com/store...es-decals.html

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I am going to the states in February these are on my agenda to look at as not easy to get cheap in UK.

Didn't clipper post something on these ? Certainly seen them on here before Paul

Here it is, well one of them anyway: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ighlight=Merit

"He is wise who watches"

Ah Thanks Dave , For $15 for 4 you have to give them a go. Now where would I get the plane cards for the Devastator and Dauntless

Haven't seen them before but just ordered the Dauntless and Devastator's. For the price I will chance how they look. Will post how they are when I get them. Thanks for the info on them.

Certainly look worth a punt Bob.
    i will be interested in the outcome, and p&P to the U.K.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Certainly look worth a punt Bob.
    i will be interested in the outcome, and p&P to the U.K.
    Rob.
    P&P to France was $22 so UK has got to be close to that, if not the same. That was for 2 blister packs so 8 aircraft. You can pay more for a tracker if you wish.

Perhaps a bulk buy where 2 or more people chip in for the postage could work.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    Haven't seen them before but just ordered the Dauntless and Devastator's. For the price I will chance how they look. Will post how they are when I get them. Thanks for the info on them.
    Eventualy got mine from http://store.spruebrothers.com/ as they were cheaper .

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Ah Thanks Dave , For $15 for 4 you have to give them a go. Now where would I get the plane cards for the Devastator and Dauntless
    Dauntless is in one of the card-only sets.......the Fire in the Skies set.
    Stats can be asked for, and Max has some from New Zealand that I reposted starting here: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...hmentid=125995

Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Haven't seen them over here yet. Hannants have the 1/200 carriers, but not the planes
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Guntruck View Post
    Haven't seen them over here yet. Hannants have the 1/200 carriers, but not the planes
    looks like we will have to keep an eye on this then Gunners.
    Rob.

More cards; a couple of Devastators: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...hmentid=125254
    and a Dauntless: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/alb...hmentid=126909
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Now this calls for repaints for the FAA.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dauntless.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	153328

Rob.

Received an email today that my order has shipped. Not bad to order on a Sunday and its out the next day. The company is from Mass here in the states so should have them this week. Will post how they are after Christmas.

Nice photo Rob. Better wait till it lands before the repaint

Received an email today that my order has shipped. Not bad to order on a Sunday and its out the next day. The company is from Mass here in the states so should have them this week. Will post how they are after Christmas.
    Mine are shipped off to. Might get them in 2014

Can't get any. When I get into my Pay-Pal account it just goes into a meaningless loop of returning me to the order page. I have cookies turned on as well.

Rob.

Can't get any. When I get into my Pay-Pal account it just goes into a meaningless loop of returning me to the order page. I have cookies turned on as well.

Rob.
    Try this shop

http://store.spruebrothers.com/

Thanks Paul.
    No problem there and as you said it was cheaper too.
    have a good Christmas.
    Rob.

I have some spare devastator cards or are they Dauntless (Dive Bomber ones) as I bought 4 fire in the skies boxes. Paul/Rob let me know if you need any and I'll sort them out for you.
    See you on the Dark Side......

A Dauntless card would be great Neil if you have one. I can then photo copy it for the other planes. Did they do a British marked one?
    Rob.

Well hello there! Targets at 12 o'clock . Some nice 1/700 vehicles and trains to shoot at

http://store.spruebrothers.com/Searc...how=100&page=3
    Last edited by Guntruck; 12-23-2014 at 00:38.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Unbelievable . Got my order of Dauntless and Devastators today from Sprue brothers in the USA Great models and took only 5 days to get here including Christmas day. ordered a book from the UK 2 weeks ago and still no sign!!!

Models are fantastic. Bombs away

Unbelievable . Got my order of Dauntless and Devastators today from Sprue brothers in the USA Great models and took only 5 days to get here including Christmas day. ordered a book from the UK 2 weeks ago and still no sign!!!

Agreed. That's a bit surprising, especially considering the year... the P.O. and various shipping outfits are simply flat out. Regardless, congrats for you!

Good going there Paul.
    I sent mine on the 22nd. nothing today and they don't normally deliver on a Sunday, so we will see just how much more inefficient Parcel Farce really is.
    Rob.

Anyone out there heard or have experience of Merit International models as they seem to produce blister packs of 4 B25s, Dauntless and Devastators.
    http://www.diecastairplane.com/store...es-decals.html
    A day late and a dollar short... just took a look at these and saw they were currently out of stock. I'll keep an eye on them and consider an order when available.

Ordered mine when I saw this thread. They came while I was away but only took 4 days to get here. Not bad little models. They fill the gap until ARES gets theirs out.

Chris--checked out their site and they show as IN STOCK

Hope they consider making Japanese planes to counter the US planes. If so the may do Val/Kate/Zero and Betty. Kate and Betty would be a nice addition.
    Last edited by BobP; 12-28-2014 at 13:37.

Hope they consider making Japanese planes to counter the US planes. If so the may do Val/Kate/Zero and Betty. Kate and Betty would be a nice addition.

Karl

Will they take a lot of modification to be "in flight" models and how do they look afterward?

I will work on mine this week to see how to mount them. See how it works out.

Are they going to be too heavy for the Oberst's magnets Bob?
    Rob.

Are they going to be too heavy for the Oberst's magnets Bob?
    Rob.
    Not a problem Rob I glued the ring directly to the model at about centre they hold really well, allowing for dive bomber stance and l/r banking.

Not a problem Rob I glued the ring directly to the model at about centre they hold really well, allowing for dive bomber stance and l/r banking.
    Great Paul. Then I won't need to deplete my new large bomber magnet stocks. I have a feeling I'm going to need them.
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 12-30-2014 at 10:53.

Bombs away or should that be bombers .

From photos I've seen, their B-25s need a repaint--as-offered Doolittle scheme is just HORRID. Wrong font for lettering, wrong spacing... it's just like "Did ya even TRY?!"

Thats what Christmas is for. A little paint and hey presto Pimp my B25

Similar Missions

1. 1/200 scale Merit models!
    By clipper1801 in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 06-25-2018, 12:46
  2. International Skype Forum Competition:
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-14-2016, 20:34
  3. Cross and Cockade International
    By fast.git in forum WGF: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-12-2014, 13:17
  4. Can Con WoG goes International & Family Fun for All!
    By gully_raker in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 12:07
  5. International Star Wars Day!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-07-2011, 16:03