Robert Forsyth & Eddie Creek
    ISBN:
    978-1-90653-746-3
    Category:
    Reference
    Format:
    Hardback
    Summary:
    Everything you ever wanted to know about the Ju52 in one 320-page volume. This explores not only the history of the Ju52 from it's beginnings, but also covers the company and the man, Hugo Junkers, from building his company to attempts to force him out of ownership by the Nazi Party.

It starts with chapters on the aircraft before the Ju52 such as the F13 and the G24, then explains the plane's role as a commercial aircraft pre-WW2, bomber in Spain, transporter, drop aircraft for the Fallschirmjager, seaplane and minesweeper, and finishes with a chapter on the Ju 252 and 352.

Lavishly illustrated throughout with photographs, diagrams and colour side-views.

Did I mention the price? Better not, but if you are interested it is a lot cheaper on Amazon.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Ju52.jpg  

Need to find out if it includes lists of where -52s ended up; then I can have documented data to explain to Tom Kratman why the Germans cannot invade Britain by air in 1940.....

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    This is a must have book!
    Indeed it is. Amazon do it for a third off RRP

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1...ilpage_o01_s00

I've shied away from other books in this series mainly because of the price, but having now had a look at this book I will probably think again about getting a couple. Coming from an unimaginative family I can guarantee lots of Amazon gift cards from them
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Could you let me know crew positions on SCW versions? And how many gunners for the waist guns? Anything that would match crew positions to guns would help with card production. Finished my last project today for my college course on web site content management! Might have some free time to do cards again.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Could you let me know crew positions on SCW versions? And how many gunners for the waist guns?
    SCW appears to be: Single 0.30 in 360-degree dorsal mount; single 0.30 in 180-degree- (possibly 360-degree-) aft ventral "dustbin".

Door gunners for models with waist guns were: Single 0.30 with ~120-degree arc (60 deg. fore and 60 deg. aft of directly abeam) firing out the side windows just ahead of the side door's location.

Chris,
    I have all sorts of info on the guns and their locations.

What I need is information on the crews. How many bodies were on the plane, for the different versions. Somehow, in all the references I've managed to find, that information is missing!
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 12-21-2014 at 17:10.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    What I need is information on the crews. How many bodies were on the plane, for the different versions. Somehow, in all the references I've managed to find, that information is missing!
    Best I can tell from the online data: One gun, one crewman. Tho' the side gunners at least were replaceable from any supercargo the bird might have been carrying; I doubt even an Infantrytard could be convinced to get in the dustbin while airborne. ;)

Similar Missions

1. July 30, 1945
    By csadn in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-31-2014, 15:06
  2. WGS Spanish Civil War 1936-39 - 1/200 Hobby Master Legion Kondor Junkers Ju52
    By Carl_Brisgamer in forum Metal and Resin Models
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-10-2013, 15:08
  3. Ju52/3 and Fiesler Storch for sale!
    By Baldrick62 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-08-2012, 12:07
  4. Flight Command or The Dawn Patrol 1930!
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-15-2011, 05:10