Ares Games

Thread: Black Friday Sale!

Default Black Friday Sale!

Check out Wings of Glory on Miniaturemarket.com : ) Black Friday Sales . . .

I was there this afternoon. The web site kept crashing! I did manage to get in an order. $4 planes!!!! $9m for the snowy He 111!!!!! $10 for WGS Rule set so I bought a backup copy. $17 Caproni C3!
    Last edited by Teaticket; 11-26-2014 at 19:33.

thanks for the heads up order placed also

$4 Hawker Hurricanes are a great deal, even if you just want to repaint them.

Great prices and some old stock too. Just a pity no ME 109s as usual.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

There are some items I want to order, but I'm waiting for a Canadian vendor such as Meeplemart to announce their Black Friday sales.

I find that when I order from American online stores such as Miniature Market, I get slaughtered by exchange and shipping costs.

I received my notification about this. Very tempting to order a few things.

Well the bug bit and placed an order. Just what I need more planes.

I've spent too much money on conventions (and my Zeppelin), this month. Also, my subscription to the Forum came due in November. Dave[clipper1801] is building me a carrier for next year's conventions, and I have no idea how I'm going to convince SWMBO to let me spend any more money on WoG things, even if it is nearly free.

So, the Bf-110 and He-111 at almost half price, and the WWII RAP at a ridiculously low price of $9 on the Miniature Market site are going to pass me by.

Even Canadian retailers and national shipping isn't going to help me convince SWMBO I "need" this stuff. I do need it, but only a winning lottery ticket is going to make this happen.

You guys got any cheese to go with this whine?
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    You guys got any cheese to go with this whine?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheddar_cheese.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	151487
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

It might be a great idea to post any major Black Friday bargains for WOG items in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Jager View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cheddar_cheese.jpg 
Views:	85 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	151487
    Great one from Mike, and a good riposte from yourself Karl.
    Just the start we need for Black Friday.
    Rob.

Well, Mike isn't half wrong about budget issues
    After the car issues, and bingeing on gift cards for restaurants and a new computer (double fuel perks for them last week; takes 12% off the purchase price), I think some restraint is in order.
    Maybe I need to get on with what I have first? Like a new inventory
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I had a look, but their only shipping option to the U.K. is the b!"£$%d expensive one! If I get hit for import duty too, I'll be no better off..............

Must

resist

urge

to

buy

WWII

Rules

and

Accessories

Pack

!

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    Must

resist

urge

to

buy

WWII

Rules

and

Accessories

Pack

!
    But they come with a set of planes too
    Karl

Thanks for the heads up. Managed to get a few pieces that I was after for near rock bottom prices.
    See you on the Dark Side......

You will find a few items at fantasy flight games as well . . .

I picked up a couple CR.42 Falcos. Th Biplanes are the only WGS planes I don't have at least 2 of each model. While I do have 3 Sea Gladiators to represent Faith, Hope, and Charity, I now need 1 each of the other two Gladiators. I may just have to pull the trigger and get seconds of these last 2 birds.

Got 3 hurricanes, 1 beaufighter, 2 ME110's. ($44.35 roughly £7.40 each) All for the Med ETO fire from the skies campaign.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Good man.
    Rob.

Was there early enough to snag a $12 Caproni CA3. Very happy guy now that my bomber squadron has expanded. Couldn't find anything else I really wanted though that was a terribly good price. Oh well, cyber monday should add a couple more aircraft to my 'drome.

ttakata73

I was a WW2 only collector last Friday, but ended up getting 10 of the WW1 144 scale planes, maybe half had the great sale prices too.
    I look forward to trying the WW1 game soon.

I succumbed in the end, and placed an order.
    Now to do more overtime to pay for it!

Similar Missions

1. Site: And the Black Wings, Black Tidings winner is....
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 17:03
  2. Amazing Black Friday & Cyber Monday Specials
    By kaufschtick in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-02-2013, 00:07
  3. General 20% DISCOUNT on SHAPEWAYS TODAY ONLY - Black Friday... GET IN QUICK!
    By Dark Horse in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-24-2012, 12:34
  4. Three Sortie Friday
    By jbmacek in forum WGF: After Action Reports
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-13-2011, 05:40