Ares Games

Thread: Thanks, Tim. Early Christmas Present

Default Thanks, Tim. Early Christmas Present

I received a notice, yesterday, about a package.

I couldn't remember ordering anything, and a feverish defense of denial was initiated with SWMBO as I was sure I'd spent nothing online. Except a double payment for my Aerodrome subscription (Keith, we need to sort that out, too).

I made it to the Post Office after classes, this afternoon, and it was a small package from England? I didn't order anything from England. The prices are worse than Canadian retail, and the shipping would have been unthinkable.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PackageFlyingHelmet20141125CropComp.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	170.1 KB 
ID:	151411

From Tim [Flying Helmut]? Open it already!

Name:	PackageFlyingHelmet20141125Opened.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	194.6 KB 
ID:	151412

OMG! An S.E.5a. One I need for Dogfight Challenges, too. Awestruck.

Tim asked me to do up a bunch of custom cards for him, and I am slowly working my way through the pile of repaints. But, I'm pretty sure I didn't negotiate any payment. This is outstanding, though.

Also, not a advert/precedent, either! I'm not collecting payment, and my backlog of commitments will keep me to the New Year.

I'm humbled, Tim. Thanks for the early Christmas present.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

I just received this in the post as unexpected package from a friend. It must be that time of year.

Name:	AoWW1.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	27.9 KB 
ID:	151414

Just another example of how much we all appreciate each others input on the Drome.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

So true how all in here help or care for each other. Another example of why this is a great place to be.

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I received a notice, yesterday, about a package. Thanks for the early Christmas present.
    My pleasure, Mike!

You scratch my back............................

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Just another example of how much we all appreciate each others input on the Drome.
    Rob.
    Well said Commander.

At least in this place, what goes around comes around is a good thing!

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    I received a notice, yesterday, about a package.

I couldn't remember ordering anything, and a feverish defense of denial was initiated with SWMBO as I was sure I'd spent nothing online............From Tim [Flying Helmut]? Open it already!

OMG! An S.E.5a. One I need for Dogfight Challenges, too. Awestruck.
    On top of an early pressie, this has given you a really great defence strategy for future purchases Mike - the "Oh look, another forum member has sent me an unexpected gift" defence

Quote Originally Posted by Archidamus View Post
    On top of an early pressie, this has given you a really great defence strategy for future purchases Mike - the "Oh look, another forum member has sent me an unexpected gift" defence
    This might work. However, I'd have to get my packages shipped to a forum member, repackaged, and reshipped. Packing slips and addresses would give it away.

She's just not that dumb. One of the reasons I married her, too. [Hmmm... No emoticon of SWMBO cuffing me up-side the head.]
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

This could be arranged Mike, and I'm sure with a bit of Photoshopping we could soon alter the Lading bills etc.
    Signed:-
    A friend.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Early Christmas?
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 11-27-2014, 02:25
  2. Early Christmas!
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-15-2013, 00:50
  3. Christmas comes early.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 20