Ares Games

Thread: Looking for McWorther F4F-3

Default Looking for McWorther F4F-3

I'm in search of a McWorther Wildcat, if anyone has one they can sell or knows where to find one please PM me. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Never Miss View Post
    I'm in search of a McWorther Wildcat, if anyone has one they can sell or knows where to find one please PM me. Thanks!
    I'm right behind you on this. This is one I'm looking for also.

been looking for a while they are like gold dust.

just found one on Ebay but very expensive at $49.95
    Ebay number 131345760760

This store claims to be able to get them but won't ship outside Australia, they want $25AUD.

https://m.mightyape.com.au/product/W...rther/10515297

I've seen the eBay one but $50 is absurd.

Ah I have an order coming in, i can change it to get them for you, I can do them for $22.50 usd. it will take probably 2-4 weeks though for it to be finalised. should I add some to my order?

zero's as well or any other wildcats. 109's and spits much harder to get but I do have some 109's coming in, (balthasar and moelders) spits I already have.

You might also look under the name's correct spelling, too: "McWhorter".

I've busted the Clue-Bat over Ares' skull on this one so hard that it should have left a permanent dent... and while it SHOULD be fixed if/when he shows up in a reprint someday, given their record of fixing prior issues (Rickenbacker green, D.Va struts) I'm somewhat skeptical.

Quote Originally Posted by Xen View Post
    Ah I have an order coming in, i can change it to get them for you, I can do them for $22.50 usd. it will take probably 2-4 weeks though for it to be finalised. should I add some to my order?
    Evan that would be ideal, add one to the current order you're putting together for me.

PM me, I have one new in the box and one new without a box, if I dispatch an elf into the outer darkness of the garage I may find the box : )

Ryan I guess I could spare one. PM me and give me your info.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by CappyTom View Post
    Ryan I guess I could spare one. PM me and give me your info.

Thomas
    Thomas thank you for the offer! I've managed to track down enough to keep me happy, I'm sure one of the other guys who posted that they were looking for the same plane would love to take you up on it though!

I have one.. Never used, but may not have the box, I can check I have a couple boxes I kept.

PM me.. 15 plus shipping and it's yours..

Theres a paper model (for free) already in 1/200 and very easy to build. The guy who makes them made these especially for WoG so there are 4 schemes for F4F (if im not mistaken), and he also have Zeros and Vals. But just these unfortunately.
    Hope it helps.
    Thanks

Nick

Very awesome to have that CG racing stripe on your sig. I spent 10 in left as an ET3.. Semper Paratus

Mike (OldGuy59) does incredible banners ans avitars. My banner and avitar (Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Bee Squadron) are a sample to his great work. Sorry I can't take credit/pride for serving in the CG. I do have relatives that did but I went a different route. Mike put that on as I signed on as Cape Cod Air Station since I live here and support and am grateful for all they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Nick, where can we find this?
    Here it is: http://recursoswargames.wordpress.com
    As you can see its a blog, so go scrolling down until you find what you want.
    Thanks

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Mike (OldGuy59) does incredible banners ans avitars. My banner and avitar (Sopwith 1 1/2 Strutter Bee Squadron) are a sample to his great work. Sorry I can't take credit/pride for serving in the CG. I do have relatives that did but I went a different route. Mike put that on as I signed on as Cape Cod Air Station since I live here and support and am grateful for all they do.
    That's still awesome. I'm sure those Coasties do a good job, and it's nice to see them appreciated. The CG is our smallest, yet they are such an important service.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Here it is: http://recursoswargames.wordpress.com
    As you can see its a blog, so go scrolling down until you find what you want.
    Thanks

Nick
    Those are great, but are there instructions on how to assemble them? Glue, tape? I feel like I am missing a step some how.

I have one of the Grumman's but I wouldn't mind have a 'placeholder' until I get some more actual planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Gotham Resident View Post
    Those are great, but are there instructions on how to assemble them? Glue, tape? I feel like I am missing a step some how.

I have one of the Grumman's but I wouldn't mind have a 'placeholder' until I get some more actual planes.
    Yeah, unfortunately there arent any instructions. But if you have some experience in the area you get what you have to do. It helps if you a Nexus model to compare. I almost finished one of these models... Almost because i messed it up. I think the only problem is where place the wings, which can be kinda annoying.
    BTW, sorry for the late reply.
    Thanks

Nick

No problem on teh delay at all. I'm not mechanically inclines. But I'll print a few and use elmers & scotch tape.
    And if that doesn't work ---->