Ares Games

Thread: Sopwith Pup series 10?

Default Sopwith Pup series 10?

It seems to me that the Pup is the standout missing aircraft from WGF. Therefore, it seems likely for a series 10 release. (One can hope anyway )

If you could design series 10, what would you put in it? Would you include the Pup? Or go with the late war Dolphin instead? What do you put in for the Central Powers? How about the second Entente bird?

Yeah, I know this is years out and way ahead of the current things to look forward to, but personally the game isn't what it could/should be without the Sopwith Pup and I personally can't understand why it has been passed over so many times.

The Pup is a personal favorite of my grandfather who helped build the replica Pup found at theSan Diego Aviation Museum in Balboa Park, San Diego. He is a very old man now and can hardly see, but whenever we talk, we spend the majority of it talking airplanes and the topic of new WGF/WGS releases always comes up. When he finds out the Pup still hasn't made the release list, he always replies the same, "What a pity! Do the decison makers not read the history books?" to which I normally reply, "Of course they do, but other aircraft have been selected first is all". Which he always dismisses as hogwash and an outrage! He is very passionate about aviation and his favorites, include the PuP, Camel, Dr.I, and Gotha from WWI, and the B-17, Bf-109, P-51, C.205 Veltro, and F4U Corsair for WWII. From the jet age he loves the F-14, F-4, and A-10 and ALL stealth aircraft. Seeing as he is a composite, electrical, and mechanical engineer that worked extensively in the Stealth programs of the late 60s, 70s and 80s he is an absolute warplane nut! His favorite answer to many of my questions is, "that's classified" followed by a little wink.

Sopwith Pup
    FE2b/c

Fokker DII
    ???
    See you on the Dark Side......

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Sopwith Pup
    FE2b/c

Fokker DII
    ???
    Perhaps an Austrian built Albatross D.III as the second German aircraft, Neil.

Good choice.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Yes, odd that the Pup hasn't made it.

What's missing for me is being able to buy the main aircraft of the western front made to a good quality. Right now I could do with about about 20 models but I just can't find them to buy. SE5a heads up that list.

Sopwith Pup
    Fe2b
    Fokker DII
    ?
    Yes this sounds good

I also think the Pup should be high on the list.

L.V.G. C.II ?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

LVG would be very cool.

BE2, Vickers Gunbus, Sopwith Dolphin and the Pfalz XII would all be interesting but none strike me as being such a gap in the range as the Pup.

Maybe do a range of Entente birds, backed up by Central Powers Balloon or Bomber special packs...
    Then vice versa for the next release.

Could nail a few of the different types of aircraft, and make a killing on profits.

Now that would help boost collections, as I would be more inclined to buy everything in a release if it worked like that. Just my tuppence worth

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    I also think the Pup should be high on the list.
    I may be hallucinating John, or it could just be the Gin fumes again, because despite a long search I cannot find the post, but I'm sure that Andrea posted somewhere that a Pup was in the pipeline.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hansa-Brandenburg D.I, the Star-Strutters, anyone??

This was the warhorse of the kuk LFT until mid 1917.
    Almost all of the Dual Monarchy top Aces flown this one, it would be a nice match for Ni.11 & 17 on the Italian Front.

Mau

Yes for me

Pup and Fe

Hansa Brandenburg D1 possibly the AEG C type

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Yes Sopwith Pup is a must, esp given that the One and A Half Strutter is slated already. The "1.5" was the mother of the Pup.

Others? Yes to the FE2 and perhaps a Nieuport or SPAD two-seater.

Another missing aircraft is the Morane-Saulnier 'L' (we already have the N in the game). The L was the workhorse of the French and British airforces in 1915 and was the actual machine which Garros fitted his prototype machine gun to as well as the machine in which Warneford won his VC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morane-Saulnier_L

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reginald_Warneford

Similar Missions

1. Series 2 Reprint replacements: Sopwith Snipe
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Polls
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 12-23-2015, 04:02
  2. Sopwith Camel in Osprey's new Air Vanguard series
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-14-2012, 21:49
  3. WGF Seeking some series 1-3 minis, have some of series 1, 2 and 4 to trade