Ares Games

Thread: Proud papa

matt56's Avatar May you forever fly in blue skies.
    Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Default Proud papa

I am now the proud owner of two Shapeways German seaplanes! I must say that the packaging which Shapeways sends things in is amazing - a box within a box and tons of bubble-wrap...too bad that the props didn't survive the trip!

No worries - I can scratch-build them and things will be good as new! Now I just have to order some Marine hex decals from 1-144Direct and all will be well.

I can see many more Shapeways models in my future - not least of which will be Zoe's find of the various ground targets.

All the best,
    Matt Materne

Thats great Harry!!! Send us some pictures!
    Thanks

Nick

When are we going to get to see your planes Matt.
    I am agog with expectation.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Well, Rob, with the Thanksgiving break in progress, I actually hope to spend some time in these next few days working on them - I've done basic cleaning and glued the prop back together for the W.29, and I think I'll use one of the circular clear plastic spinners from the Aerodrome for the CC, so spraying some primer on 'em is in order - the W.29 is FUD and the CC is the next step down, so I'm hopeful the grain won't be too much of an issue.

I'm placing the 1/144Direct order on Monday, so I figure I'll get all the other painting done and decal them last. Since I have no camera, I'll have to see about getting someone from the local gaming group to take a few photos so I can post them.

Agog is all well and good, but I'm glad your breath isn't 'bated - I'm not the speediest modeler in the world... Too many other interests and distractions (although I must admit that these WWI planes and the game are quickly becoming a primary distraction)!

All the best,
    Matt

I can wait for the pictures Matt.
    I can't say I'm currently doing an impression of Speedy Gonzales myself.
    Got back from Bristol with a sinus infection, so it was off to the Dr. for a course of antibiotics yesterday.
    Now I'm just feeling listless and lacking in energy while they kick in. Worst of all, no alcohol for a week.
    There are paint jobs piling up and I just feel like curling up in front of the fire and reading a book.
    Enjoy your Thanksgiving, and have a drop for me.
    Rob.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

The local guys are having a December 7th "fly-in" at the local hobby shop (given the date's significance, I think they're flying WW2), and I'm trading WWI planes with one of the guys - he's got a nifty little camera which I'm sure he'll have to take AAR pics. I'll take my repaints up and the Shapeways planes as WIP and see if he'll take some snaps for me.

When you feel like it again, have a single malt on me, should you so favour a drop of that creature!
    All the best and feel well soon,
    Matt

Cheers Matt.
    Rob.

Major

Users Country Flag

Name
    Matt
    Sorties Flown

Excitement mounts! I just received my naval lozenge decals from 1-144Direct yesterday, so there's a good chance I'll have the W.29 finished by the end of the month - particularly if I can break loose some free time over the Christmas break to work on in for a longer block of time...

All the best,
    Matt

Similar Missions

1. Proud to wear this meddal on my chest
    By marcoperse in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 13:32
  2. Papa again
    By Foxy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 05-06-2012, 03:22
  3. Proud step-dad moment.