Ares Games

Thread: trying to get wil wheaton to do wow/wog on table top

Default trying to get wil wheaton to do wow/wog on table top

i just posted this on wils tabletop season 3 announcement. do you think itll help?

awesome news about season three!!!! btw i happen to notice some wings of war expansions on your shelf so i guess, ummm, NOW YOU HAVE NO REASON NOT TO DO WW1 WINGS OF WAR/WINGS OF GLORY ON TABLETOP!!!!! YEA!!!!!! do it! DO IT NOW!!!! these are the fully assembled and painted ww1 minis that are AWESOMENESS IN A BOX that you are looking for. they are. really, they are you know..........(sidelong glance) are my jedi mind tricks working?

? Is this an American show Phil?
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Cool. Hopefully he'll do it. He reaches a pretty wide audience.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    ? Is this an American show Phil?
    Rob.
    yes its a youtube/web show that features various tabletop games hosted by the guy who played wesley crusher on star trek the next generation. it has a wide audience and has increased the following of many of the games featured on it.

I would love to see him do it.
    Who doesn't like old school WWI fighter planes.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    yes its a youtube/web show that features various tabletop games hosted by the guy who played wesley crusher on star trek the next generation. it has a wide audience and has increased the following of many of the games featured on it.
    Thanks Phil. That clears it up.
    Rob.

I saw a still capture (picture) of him from one of his shows. There is a shelf full of games behind him and two of them are Wings of War box sets. (Ace of Aces and Burning Drachens, I think, based on the colour.)

That's a great idea! I would love to see WoG featured on Table Top.

*facepalm* You mean that annoying guy who it was so much fun watching the team humiliatingly kick his ass on Leverage?

Great. His show is allways nice to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by steel_ratt View Post
    I saw a still capture (picture) of him from one of his shows. There is a shelf full of games behind him and two of them are Wings of War box sets. (Ace of Aces and Burning Drachens, I think, based on the colour.)
    and a balloon set and stack of mini boxes to boot

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    *facepalm* You mean that annoying guy who it was so much fun watching the team humiliatingly kick his ass on Leverage?
    "Wuss-ley". >;)

He's actually doing a good job guest staring on Big Bang Theory. That's about the only sit-com I can watch
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

I figure if we post in different places on the table top site it may make it on the show, he just needs to see that there is enough interest.
    This is where I posted http://geekandsundry.com/shows/tabletop/

i just posted this on wils tabletop season 3 announcement.
    are my jedi mind tricks working?
    A Jedi mind trick won't work in the Star trek universe....

Quote Originally Posted by LS650 View Post

are you sure? because theyd have no resistance to it itd be futile to resist it

are you sure? because theyd have no resistance to it itd be futile to resist it
    Illogical Jim.
    Rob.

Personally, I think the best Wil Wheaton scene ever was when Richard Chamberlain took him down with a cane.

“Wow, you are super old. Thank you for the history lesson. Maybe later you can tell us about that one time you punched Hitler in the face….” — Chaos (WW)
    “I own two canes: One, with a Taser capable of delivering 10,000 volts; the other extends a 6-inch stiletto blade.” — Archie (RC)
    “Which one is, is this one?” — Chaos, referring to the cane Archie had pressed against his neck
    “Well, I don’t seem to remember; I am *pause* 'super old.'” — Archie
    Makes me bust a gut every time...

Personally, I think the best Wil Wheaton scene ever was when Richard Chamberlain took him down with a cane.

“Wow, you are super old. Thank you for the history lesson. Maybe later you can tell us about that one time you punched Hitler in the face….” — Chaos (WW)
    “I own two canes: One, with a Taser capable of delivering 10,000 volts; the other extends a 6-inch stiletto blade.” — Archie (RC)
    “Which one is, is this one?” — Chaos, referring to the cane Archie had pressed against his neck
    “Well, I don’t seem to remember; I am *pause* 'super old.'” — Archie
    Makes me bust a gut every time...
    Where was that from?
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Leverage, season 4 finale, "The Last Dam Job".

Quote Originally Posted by LS650 View Post
    It must work because the Millennium Falcon and R2 D2 both feature in the Star Trek films....... do a search!

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

Poor old Wil, he was one of the most unpopular members of the cast of Star Trek NG for no other reason that he was young and the fans hated the Wesley Crusher stories. It got to the stage where even the Star Trek CCG picked up the trend and produced the 'Wesley Gets The Point' card where you scored one extra point for getting Wesley Crusher killed.

So.. it came the time that I was playing the CCG and I was a few points short. What did I do? I put Wesley Crusher on my allied Klingon ship, I played 'Self Destruct' and I scored points for 'Death With Honour', 'Klingon Death Yell' and 'Wesley Gets The Point'.

Yes I won the game! (Sorry Wil)

Klingon's on the starboard bow.......

Illogical Jim.
    Rob.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Klingon's on the starboard bow.......
    It's life Neil but not as we know it.

http://videosift.com/video/Star-Trek...ng-is-cool-Heh

Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by 'Warspite' View Post
    Poor old Wil, he was one of the most unpopular members of the cast of Star Trek NG for no other reason that he was young and the fans hated the Wesley Crusher stories. It got to the stage where even the Star Trek CCG picked up the trend and produced the 'Wesley Gets The Point' card where you scored one extra point for getting Wesley Crusher killed.

So.. it came the time that I was playing the CCG and I was a few points short. What did I do? I put Wesley Crusher on my allied Klingon ship, I played 'Self Destruct' and I scored points for 'Death With Honour', 'Klingon Death Yell' and 'Wesley Gets The Point'.

Wesley was the Scrappy-Doo of Next Gen.

It's life Neil but not as we know it.

http://videosift.com/video/Star-Trek...ng-is-cool-Heh

Rob.

W.T.F. did i. just watch. scotty?

Quote Originally Posted by 'Warspite' View Post

personally i hated the character because we didnt need another super space wiz kid character type especially in star trek. leave that crap to the spce comic operas where it belongs..........

"We come in peace - shoot to kill!"

Love it!

"Star Trekkin'" is still a popular selection on _The Dr. Demento Show_ -- and it was a staple when I listened to it regularly in grade school....

(The con I attended this weekend, I got to break out the tale of how my FASA _ST RPG_ character killed a D7 using an unarmed warpshuttle, and the docking-bay doors of a space station....)

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

personally i hated the character because we didnt need another super space wiz kid character type especially in star trek. leave that crap to the spce comic operas where it belongs..........

And I assume you were all in favour of 'Wesley Gets The Point'?
    The picture was from a 'Q' generated episode where Wesley was bayoneted.

The card is here:

http://www.psi-soft.co.uk/images/T/S...tsthepoint.JPG

Similar Missions

1. WSF Just off the painting table
    By chimpchoker in forum Shapeways Models
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-21-2012, 17:21
  2. Ken's new game table
    By CappyTom in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 02-14-2012, 17:57
  3. friends new table