Ares Games

Thread: A rather rewarding day

Default A rather rewarding day

Today I was up at 5am to head in to Tokyo for a day of lectures and seminars and was happy in my choice of course.

One was on helping and supporting the social emotional development in childrenthe second course was on management and conflict resolution ( one for the classroom the other for dealing with the faculty members although I think I'll be using both in all areas of my work!)

Anyway I found myself with some time to kill so headed in to Jimbocho which is a famous district in Tokyo for bookstores and the location of the only store I know that sells Wings of Glory/War products and after 20 minutes of rummerjing around bought these!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1142.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	138.2 KB 
ID:	149421

What a great way to end the day!

What a nice find, neat

Grabbing an SE5 has to be find of the Month if not the year James.
    there are new members who would kill to get one of those.
    Well done.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Thumbs up

Ye Gods! An SE5a!
    They are like dinosaur eggs or dragon eggs if your are into Game of Thrones.

Well grabbed James.

Well done, James!

Call me Daenerys then!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC_1144.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	129.4 KB 
ID:	149422
    Last edited by FarEast; 11-01-2014 at 06:14.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Ye Gods! An SE5a!
    They are like dinosaur eggs or dragon eggs if your are into Game of Thrones.

Well grabbed James.
    Very controlled Baz. I nearly mentioned Rocking Horses in my post, but couldn't spell manure.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nice deal.

I hope you did not overdraw your monthly budget.
    Voilŕ le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Excellent find. Foraging WW1 planes in Tokyo. That would be a great song's name!

Out of print minis?
    In a shop?
    Unheard-of!

Stop practicing this witchcraft James - Hallowe'en was yesterday! (unless you use it to supply me, of course!)

How many are left, and what did you pay?

You can see where this is leading...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    How many are left, and what did you pay?

You can see where this is leading...
    That was it...... since taking up the game in June this year I have slowly being buying up their NOS Wings of War miniatures. They have maybe 1 meter of hanging floor space for both WWI and WWII versions of the game and some other bits and pieces floating around in other areas that have been moved and forgotten. They have no digital stock tracking so I can't ask if there is anything out on the floor for me to go hunting for.

They have a lot of twin seat WOW miniatures and one of two more scouts but that was the last of the SAE and Neiuports - trust me they would have gone up on eBay so quick you would have heard the sonic boom from there!

I paid 18.00 USD for each miniature, which I'm pretty happy with as when you add shipping for overseas purchases it can work out at about 25.00 per miniature of this quantity.

Oh come on!!!!! Why I dont find these?!?!?!
    Anyway, great fond James! These are so rare. Some time ago someone posted a thread with an ebay link showimg a SE5 for 300 dolars or something like that...
    Thanks

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Some time ago someone posted a thread with an ebay link showimg a SE5 for 300 dolars or something like that...
    Thanks Nick
    REALLY? The question is did it sell?
    Right now I am walking the tight rope of build or sell with two very rare Wingnut Wings models that are seriously in demand! Maybe I'll put one of these up with a reserve

You lucky...

Congratulations

Score !!!
    Was the vendor left with bleeding stumps where his hands used to be ?!

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Nice one James. I will scoure the shops of Rennes again on Monday but I fear it will be a fruitless search

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

thats cool james! very hard to find wow products still on the shelves over here.

Today was another good day.... I scored a Wingnut Wings Hansa-Brandenburg W.29 on Yahoo Auctions Japan for well under the current trending prices on Ebay!

"GET SOME, GET SOME UHHHH, You want some too GET SOME!"

I should buy a lottery ticket!

Nice find James.

I've just come back from Madrid where I picked up a set of Recon Patrol cards and a set of Top Fighters cards in a sci fi comic book store of all places. They also had Flight of the Giants and Watch Your Back, but they were in Spanish.

I'm putting the card sets up for sale in the sale/trade forum if anyone needs them.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!