Ares Games

Thread: Sir Nicholas Winton.

Default Sir Nicholas Winton.

Name:  _78588872_024499857-1.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  65.0 KB

I just saw this ceremony on the BBC news tonight and thought you chaps might be interested.
    My own connection is through my old Deputy Headmistress whom we all knew as Miss Prager.
    She also happened to be an old school friend of my father's cousin.
    Tonight she was interviewed as one of the children on one of the trains. She has lived here ever since, about half a mile from where I live.
    To see the whole news item go here.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29798434

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Saw that, marvellous that he has got such recognition.

"He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Saw that, marvellous that he has got such recognition.
    And what an unassuming modest chap too.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Sir Nicholas Winton is pretty famous here in the Czech Republic. Especialy from times of movie "All My Loved Ones". The Order of the White Lion is his second Czech order. The first one - Order of Tomas Garrigue Masaryk - is his from 1998 (if I remeber well). He ahas both Czech national Orders now.
    I really like his statue on the first platform of Prague main railway station. He is there, standing with two childern, seeing in the direction of "his" trains. My friend, driver of locomotive, said me that he hit him suddenly and told "Sorry." He realize that it is only a statue just after several seconds.
    Last edited by Dan-Sam; 10-28-2014 at 14:18.

Beautiful story. Its great to know that besides all evil we have in this world, we can still believe in some people like him. Im glad he have saved so many people.
    Thanks

Nick