Ares Games

Thread: How many cards in the game

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Default How many cards in the game

Hello to all of you !

I'm about to buy a used version of WoW Famous Aces (with no figurine) and the extension "Burning Dracken", and I would like to be sure that the game is complete.

I found here (http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...-contents-list) a very good information, with a link at the end to a great pdf file.
    You, guys, made a great work on this.

But I feel I miss the number of maneuvre cards for each 22 planes. I assume each plane has a different number of maneuvre card, right ?

And I cannot find this info on the web, on the boxes pictures I can find here or there.

So... is there a way I can be sure the game and extension are complete ? Are cards numbered in a way that they are "attached" to a certain plane ?

Thank you.

ooopss. I didn't present myself. I gonna do that right now.

Yes, each maneuver deck has a numbering system in the lower right corner of the cards. It will say 1/21 or similar (19/21) based on the card you are looking at and the number of cards in the deck. Keep in mind that in FA, there was no altitude rules and so there were no climb or dive cards. Those cards will not be accounted for in the FA decks. I believe they supplied those missing altitude cards in WYB and they are numbered as 1/2 and 2/2.

And welcome to the site

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Thank you !

I was not expecting a so fast answer.

So each deck has a different number of cards. Okay.

I'm dying to play that game

You had good timing, I was flying about the site when you posted. There is also a file in the Files section (link up top) that shows which maneuver is in each of the decks. They way you can visually compare them as well. I think it is in the Game Aid subsection.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Thanks. I was scrolling again this section this morning before posting. I missed it

Welcome to the Drome Thierry.

Each deck has a different # of cards. On the bottom of each card are its #s, ie 1/18. 1/18 means that there are 18 cards in that specific deck and the card you are looking at is #1. Usually the first cards are straight, then turns...to the last two which are the climb and dive cards. This is a listing of the maneuver decks that will tell you how many cards thee are herehttp://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2007

'A' damage deck has 35 cards. I think 'B' has 44.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Thanks a lot. I think this is what I was looking for... misnaming it, so no chance for me to find the info.

I get more and more excited as I read info about the game

welcome to the drome Thierry!!!!!

Welcome Thierry!! I have the FA ( wish i found the BD too ). You will see there are 4 decks on it - A B C D - cant remember right, but some have 22 cards other 20 or 24, or something like that. Hope it helps. You will enjoy the game a lot!!
    Thanks

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    Keep in mind that in FA, there was no altitude rules and so there were no climb or dive cards. Those cards will not be accounted for in the FA decks. I believe they supplied those missing altitude cards in WYB and they are numbered as 1/2 and 2/2.
    The Altitude cards are actually in Burning Drachens, so you should have complete sets of A,B,C,&D decks, though possibly not all in the same box. I think you'll also end up with altitude cards for E,F,G,&H decks as well.

Thierry,

Try this file in our Game Aids section: Planes and Maneuver Decks - Excel Comparison

This should help overwhelm you with information.

Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

if i remember correctly the c deck has 19 (22 in the wings of glory rap {rules and accessories pack}) and the d deck has 8.

Damage decks for WGF, 'A' 35, 'B' 44, 'C' 34, 'D" 8.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Thanks to all of you!

So if I get things correctly, in a deck, I have maneuvre cards and damages cards...

Teaticket mentions damages card, I guess they are numbered according to their deck too.
    For example, A = 35 damage cards, 18 maneuvre cards (according to this PDF file...)http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2007

Well. With all that info, I should be able to notice if a card is missing.

I'll keep you in touch ...

Thank you very much all of you.

Have a clear sky !

Quote Originally Posted by e17 View Post
    Thanks to all of you!

So if I get things correctly, in a deck, I have maneuvre cards and damages cards...

Teaticket mentions damages card, I guess they are numbered according to their deck too.
    For example, A = 35 damage cards, 18 maneuvre cards (according to this PDF file...)http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=2007

Well. With all that info, I should be able to notice if a card is missing.

I'll keep you in touch ...

Thank you very much all of you.

Have a clear sky !
    There are two kinds of decks. Maneuver, A through V for the various planes. Each plane has a deck assigned to it according to its flying performance.
    Damage, A, B, C & D. These are for various ways to inflict damage, A = double machine guns and fire, B = single machine gun, C = anti aircraft artillery and collisions,
    D = rockets.
    The damage decks are used by both sides irrespective of what maneuver decks are in play.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Thank you.

So WOW FA has 1 "A" damage deck, and 4 maneuver deck...

May I ask what are the 5 player mats ? The mat where where maneuver card (1, 2, 3) are placed ?

Yes, the player mat is where you place your maneuver cards, damage cards, any special damage tokens (fire, smoke, gun jam...) Its a handy tool to keep track of your plane during the game. They are not necessary but good to start with until you are comfortable with the game. I never use them anymore.

Each Manoeuvre Deck (including the two climb/dive cards): FA: Deck A (16 cards); Deck B (18); Deck C (20); Deck D (20); BD: Deck I (18); Deck J (18).

welcome to the drome Thierry!

Welcome to the aerodrome Thierry

Bienvenue, Thierry!

As you increase your collection, you'll have new and new and new decks. We've all went through that

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Once again thank you for your time... and your warm welcome.

I should have a look at the game tomorrow, and with all your info, if a card or something is missing I should be able to spot the issue pretty fast.

If you are missing any cards let me know. I have all the decks scanned and can make you a replacement.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Cool. Thank you for the offer !

Users Country Flag

Name
    Thierry
    Sorties Flown

Hi to all.

So... that's it. I got the game.

BD was unpunched, and WoW lightly used. Only a card was missing, the FA maneuvre card C13. But as a pack of C cards was in BD, I considered that I could use this one. Was it a bad move ?

I have, too 4 blank cards. I was wondering the reason why when I came across this conversation. I gonna try to have my card replaced by Ares.

I, too, have 6 miniatures, one of them is broken but can be easily fixed.

So, after having spent one hour replacing the cards in the right box... I'm dying for my first flight !

Quote Originally Posted by e17 View Post
    Hi to all.

So... that's it. I got the game.

BD was unpunched, and WoW lightly used. Only a card was missing, the FA maneuvre card C13. But as a pack of C cards was in BD, I considered that I could use this one. Was it a bad move ?

I have, too 4 blank cards. I was wondering the reason why when I came across this conversation. I gonna try to have my card replaced by Ares.

I, too, have 6 miniatures, one of them is broken but can be easily fixed.

So, after having spent one hour replacing the cards in the right box... I'm dying for my first flight !
    Sounds like you got a good start here.
    If ARES can't help you recover the missing C13 card let me know. Either I can send you a scan so you can make one or I'll make one and send it to you.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 74
    Last Post: 03-09-2018, 15:51
  2. eBay Wings of Glory Game Mat Coast Board Game, last one.
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2014, 11:22
  3. New game boards (cockpits) for use with large maneuver cards
    By Honza in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 02-14-2014, 17:46
  4. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2012, 11:08
  5. Amazing 'In-Game' images from a Computer Flight Sim Game
    By usmc1855 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 7