Ares Games

Thread: Rules for Using Ships

Default Rules for Using Ships

I printed out a bunch of ship templates from this site but I am unclear about how to use them. I understand how planes interact but am not getting how the ships work when I look at the Damage sheets (below the Hull Points damage counter section). The major confusion is how to read the Range portion and the POW symbols. Is there a tutorial or printed rules I can download? Any assistance will be appreciated!

Check out the set of ship rules for Dawn of War in our downloads ,"And All the Ships at Sea."

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...do=file&id=781

Users Country Flag

Name
    Olivier
    Sorties Flown

You may have a look on this as well :

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...o=file&id=1430

Skafloc did a very good job with those rules ; in the file section, you may find a bunch of Ship damage sheets and some rules about torpedoes.

Personally, I use the Skafloc's rules to simulate air to sea engagements.

Thank you both for the links. It looks like I have some reading to do.

Ship cards are basically out of scale, comparing to models, but are pretty big anyway. What do you think about re-sizing them, so bombing/strifing would be a bit heavier from different altitudes. This is just a concept, but I guess basic idea is easy to understand I used random selected ship card from files for example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hms-victorious_hQO.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	149209

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    Ship cards are basically out of scale, comparing to models, but are pretty big anyway. What do you think about re-sizing them, so bombing/strifing would be a bit heavier from different altitudes. This is just a concept, but I guess basic idea is easy to understand I used random selected ship card from files for example.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	hms-victorious_hQO.jpg 
Views:	40 
Size:	12.5 KB 
ID:	149209
    Using the 1:1200 scale to match the models I have chosen purely from the aesthetics of photographing the scenarios, I find that Skaflocs rules gives the results which pretty much tie in with what I would expect from reading reports of the number of aircraft involved, shot down, to ships sunk.
    I would like to hear more of your feelings on this subject Heмaњa. If you think we are way out it is good to revise our opinions.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Skafloc's rules are quite elaborate, and writing them was taken seriously. I haven't playtested them yet, so I can't give my final judgement. From what i read, they seem realistic. But, perhaps something simpler also could be done? Hit/partial hit/no hit with respective damage points, and without lot "book keeping"?

Similar Missions

1. Battle Ships anyone?
    By disposingjayce in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-28-2014, 06:34
  2. Clipper Ships.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-21-2013, 15:18
  3. AA fire from ships
    By tikkifriend in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 6