Ares Games

Thread: Wings of Glory vs Wings of War Question

401~RCAF

Default Wings of Glory vs Wings of War Question

Is the Wings of War Revised Deluxe set 100% compatible with the Wings of Glory stuff on the shelves today?... My Cousin has a bunch of old Wings of War WWI stuff I might just take off his hands.

Thanks

Planes, damage decks and maneuver decks are the same (different and better graphics), rules are very close. New version has changed and clarified a few things. Completely playable as is though. I still have my Deluxe version. Nice to have extra damage decks!

401~RCAF

Out of curiosity what is the Wings of War WWI revised set new in box worth approximately?

Here on the site Keith has them for $22. I've seen them for ~$20 but most as a bit more on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by 401~RCAF View Post
    Out of curiosity what is the Wings of War WWI revised set new in box worth approximately?
    Wings of War Revised Deluxe set ? buy it Jason, buy it all !

Sapiens qui vigilat... "He is wise who watches"

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Here on the site Keith has them for $22. I've seen them for ~$20 but most as a bit more on ebay.
    I think you're talking about the Wings of Glory Rules & Acceeories Pack. The revised Deluxe set comes with 4 miniatures and is worth much more, though they've probably come down in price since the Ares reprints...

The Deluxe sets used to retail for $75 here in the States. Most online places had them for around $60. Once they went out of print and sold out at stores, some went for well over $100 on eBay.
    You can buy all of that new in the Duel Packs (same exact minis plus two extra A damage decks) and the RAP (gives you the new rule book which is much better) for about $60. The Brown/MvR Duel set is out of stock now at the warehouse, so finding it online might be getting harder here soon (I'm completely out of them in the AA store, but have everything else).

If it was me and his Deluxe set is open, I'd not pay more than $45-$50 for it. Any more than that and you are better off getting the newer stuff new.

Hope that helps you some.

Similar Missions

1. 10 Jahre Wings of War - Wings of Glory
    By Marechallannes in forum German Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 04-23-2014, 05:37
  2. Compra de Wings of War e Wings of Glory
    By Nick_ace in forum Brazilian Wing
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-05-2013, 13:44
  3. Svět deskových her - hraní Wings of Glory (Wings of War)
    By Ladinek in forum Czechoslovak Wing
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 02-04-2013, 11:51
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-02-2013, 12:53
  5. A Question about Wings of Glory expansions
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-05-2011, 08:44