Ares Games

Thread: DIY console?

Default DIY console?

I am trying to find ideas for DIY consoles.

I also would like a multi row card stand that could hold the entire WWI maneuver deck upright to make finding cards faster.
    It could make handling the cards smoother.

Kinda like the M44 stands Click image for larger version. 

Name:	memoir1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	18.2 KB 
ID:	148892

You actually only need to make it big enough to hold each type of card Todd. Similar cards can stack on top of each other. I thought of a sort of Scrabble type stand some time ago but never got round to developing it and then the Oberst's Cockpits came out, and I took these on board instead.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    You actually only need to make it big enough to hold each type of card Todd. Similar cards can stack on top of each other. I thought of a sort of Scrabble type stand some time ago but never got round to developing it and then the Oberst's Cockpits came out, and I took these on board instead.
    Rob.
    Oberst's cockpit.
    What is that

You could buy a ready-made pro looking one, or have a go at making your own.

I was thinking about one that looked like a cockpit, but quickly realised a design flaw.
    The shape I wanted would make it more of a novelty item, and quite impractical.

I settled for sticking the WoG consoles to mounting board which you can get at any arty shop.
    I spiced it up a bit, but it isn't really what you're after.

Aerodrome Accessories advert pops up in the right margin of this site.
    Take a butchers, as the consoles are impressive.

I keep my Mem 44 cards together and than look through them to see what I want to do. I don't even know if I have such stands.

Quote Originally Posted by bmwrider View Post
    Oberst's cockpit.
    What is that
    You can see them here.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/...d-cockpit.html

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Ok.
    I just didn't know they had a name.
    Those are not quite what I need.
    I gotta find something the fits between the game mats and the edge of the table, table is only 4 ft. Deep

Try to google Playing Card Holders or long Playing Card Holder or Extra long Playing Card Holder.
    I got some extra long ones, came as a set of 4, these take a deck as long as you don't want all spread out, but they do take up some room on the playing surface, used once then went back to standard cockpit and looking through the deck

Similar Missions

1. Console Crafting
    By das Phantom in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 06-23-2015, 17:34
  2. What about flight sims on pc/console?
    By Olt^Jones in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 07-15-2010, 04:15