Ares Games

Thread: Italian 1/200 models

Default Italian 1/200 models

Can anyone around the base help identify or find a source for a couple of ranges of 1/200 scale model aircraft that are made in or at least distributed from Italy? One is marked "Libri" on the bubbly packs and includes a very nice Cant.506 and Grumman Albatross. I have heard that they also make a super model of the SM.81. The other range appears under the trademark of the toy designer D'Agostini. If the latter sounds familiar, they are also the designers for the Atlas Verlag 1/200 aircraft and Z-gauge (1/220) train models.

Thanks for any guidance.

Ron

You found these in a shop or in the internet? Here in Brazil we have this D'Agostini trademark. They sell cool 1/144 bombers, but not 1/200.
    Thanks

Nick

Nick, if Ron is who I think he is he's been one of the big names (and if I'm right we've exchanged correspondence when I was looking for ideas on a P-61 for WGS) on the 1/200 collector-grade scene for along time.

(If so, Ron, pardon my being late to the party and failing to notice earlier but a much belated Welcome Aboard, sir!)

If anyone can pin these birds down to a supplier, I'm very interested in getting my hands on a couple of Cants, and SM.81.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I also would like to know more about these planes. All the searches I make in the internet only show 1/144 planes.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    I also would like to know more about these planes. All the searches I make in the internet only show 1/144 planes.
    Yes Quim.
    I have just spent the last hour trawling the net, and can't come up with anything excepting 144 either.
    Rob.

Ciao Ron,

basically we are talking about TWO De Agostini's releases and both of these in 1/144 scale only.

The Cant Z.506 that comes in the bubbly pack you are reffering to is from the De Agostini's serie Bombardieri della Seconda Guerra Mondiale - WWII Bombers

http://www.pianetahobby.it/?location...Mondiale&pag=1

that is a link pointing to an online shop here in Italy. Actually there are beautiful minis but unfortunately these seems out of stock as it is labelled "Limited edition".

The De Agostini Libri collection is another release of four packs named Aerei Militari - military aircraft, that comes with 1/144 minis and a 32 pages book (hence the word libri) that illustrates the miniatures included from a historical point of view.

Here is the link pointing to the official De Agostini's page.

http://shop.deagostinipassion.com/ca...litari&x=0&y=0

That's all I have heard and found here.
    Actually the only De Agostini 1/200 scale for miniatures/models that I am aware of is the one related to ships.

But, maybe, some of the other Italian guys here could have better infos.

Mau

P.S. Actually De Agostini is a large publisher not a toy designer. De Agostini Group controls Atlas Verlag that is another publisher distributor.

An interesting bit of info I have just come across is that both the Cant and Macchi C202 are to be released by AIM sometime in the future.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Nick, if Ron is who I think he is he's been one of the big names (and if I'm right we've exchanged correspondence when I was looking for ideas on a P-61 for WGS) on the 1/200 collector-grade scene for along time.

(If so, Ron, pardon my being late to the party and failing to notice earlier but a much belated Welcome Aboard, sir!)
    He's the very same, DB. Been lurking for a hit but happily now "out of the closet" as it were.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Who's Ron Department. Please see my Reporting for Duty postings. I corresponded with someone who sounded like {Restricted} about Black Widows. One of those wonderful designs that look peculiar but do the job remarkably well. I think we also touched on the pro's and con's of the FAV concept. I place you around Tacoma/Fort Lewis. PM me sometime so I know who you are.

D'Agostini and 1/200. Maurizio is confirming what I suspected, plus that is really good news for the 1/144 crowd. From the design and workmanship, it appears that one shop and maybe only 2-3 workers are responsible for the master models of several model ranges, going back at least as far as the MPC/Model Power/Del-Something box scale diecasts and continuing today in at least the 1/200 scale Atlas Verlag "Silvers Classics" series. They would be comparable to the late,great Tommy Atkins in Yorkshire. Tommy mastered a hefty proportion of all the British 1/200 series. The common denominator is the marketing via published subscriptions, with billing and payment through the various national post offices. That makes the models very difficult to track and purchase, and if one watches the Continental eBay offerings opens the door to a fair amount of speculation. One really needs to have a friend in each of the key countries willing to subscribe on your behalf. The good news is that those folks are turning out some very desirable 1/200 models at very reasonable prices. I mentioned the d'Agostini Cant.506 and Grumman Albatros above. The models I have here are definitely 1/200 scale. The Atlas Silver Classics are continuing to appear. The last few are the Lockheed Orion, Douglas DC-6, Fokker III, Junkers F-13.

Rob - The AIM Macchi and Cant's will be good. Updates from HBM. Lots more unannounced in line behind those, like the Sunderland that's getting lots of requests.

Back to the Real World for a while.

Ron

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnar200 View Post

Rob - The AIM Macchi and Cant's will be good. Updates from HBM. Lots more unannounced in line behind those, like the Sunderland that's getting lots of requests.

Back to the Real World for a while.

Ron
    Thanks Ron.
    That's good to know.
    At the rate I'm playing Malta, i.e. a month at a time, I will not need those particular aircraft for about 18 months, so no rush on there yet.
    Rob.

[looks at list of available minis]

With all due respect to this game's makers: WHY'N'ELL AREN'T YOU CONTRACTING WITH THESE PEOPLE TO ALLOW FOR THE RELEASE OF MORE HEAVY AIRCRAFT!?

"There... I said it... I feel better." :)

Similar Missions

1. On the Italian front.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-06-2014, 11:42
  2. Italian P-51
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-11-2014, 16:56
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-19-2012, 13:59
  4. Italian WWI Royal Army and Navy Aviation Models