Ares Games

Thread: Card info required

Tactics

Exclamation Card info required

Hi all

I am about to start a campaign in uk, but i have some planes without card decks ( since you can not get the ORIGINAL planes for love of money !).

I have tried to find details here but cannot, can someone tell me where i can find the card details for the RAF S.E.5a...Neuport 17....and the Sopwith pup ??

Regds

Gary

Got you covered Gary, on the way.

Peter

Hi Gary
    I may have a spare deck or two knocking about - PM me if you still can't find something.
    cheers
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Hi Gary
    I may have a spare deck or two knocking about - PM me if you still can't find something.
    cheers
    Tim
    Ditto that.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Gary, download this from the files - it will give you the decks for all types - official and unofficial. If you download this from the files it will give you a breakdown of the card decks themselves.
    SE5a is N deck, Nieuport 17 is I deck and Sopwith Pup is D deck.

Tactics

Thanks all, have got loads of files to go through.hopefully I have what I need. Will let you know when I come up for air after reading all the bits lol/

Many thanks

My guess is, that you are building 3 Valom dual packs?

If yes, please let me know how the Nieuport goes. I am curious, as I missed out on those.

Tactics

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    My guess is, that you are building 3 Valom dual packs?

If yes, please let me know how the Nieuport goes. I am curious, as I missed out on those.
    NO....strangely enough?...... Been looking at a campaign and to save money ( as I am disabled and only have a small disability pension ) I am buying SKYTREX models .
    These are to make up for stuff I havnt got.

Gary

Keep us posted on your progress! Would like to see how you get on.

I may also have a few spare decks - just a thought - Gary is probably not the only chap you is searching for certain decks - why dont we start a 'Spare Decks' thread where we could all post those decks we don't need, then everyone knows where to go as/when they need one... just a thought?

I'd say that the demand for spare decks would be enormous. I imagine that there are quite a few of us (myself included) who use alternate models and, since the deck-only products have been discontinued have no practical way to obtain official decks. (I was lucky enough to get a few booster packs when those were still available, but am still missing half the alphabet of decks.)

Recon Patrol Booster Packs (D & K decks): Booster Packs for Sale
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
    NO....strangely enough?...... Been looking at a campaign and to save money ( as I am disabled and only have a small disability pension ) I am buying SKYTREX models .
    These are to make up for stuff I havnt got.

Gary
    For those who don't read this thread it may be worth putting a request in on the U.K. sub forum Gary.
    I will stick a card exchange thread if you start one for us.
    Rob.

You aren't the only one Gary, I'm about to go all 56 sqn, managed to get an order in before the shapeways price hike, although certain models will still work out a fiver a piece, my prob with skytrex is struts n lack of underneath detail.
    Anyroad up, does anyone know of any suitable inkjet card to print the manouvre decks on? Or a retail place I can get them laser printed at?

Rabbit 3's Avatar Squadron Leader Scotland.
    Captain

Users Country Flag

Name
    Robert
    Sorties Flown

Personally I just find that printing home-made cards on to regular A4 size paper, glueing the front and back together then laminating them works for me but there are a lot of other ways to do it.
    Takes quite a while to do a whole maneuvre deck though and usually a whole deck runs to more than one sheet.

I use photographic paper for the fronts and ordinary printer paper for the backs.
    Rob.

Cheers guys, I just imagine them to be quite thick?

I use full sheet label paper for both sides and they are only slightly thicker than the originals. You can't really tell with one card but when you compare the whole decks to each otherit is slightly higher. Nothing that will effect play.

I print a generic fields pattern on the back of a sheet of A4, print the deck I need on the other side, then Laminate and cut out
    this keeps the cards the right size without needing a thin edge of laminate material as when using two sheets of paper.

Similar Missions

1. B17 card HELP required
    By Lt. S.Kafloc in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-28-2014, 10:04
  2. Decal Help Required
    By Fat Wally in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-23-2012, 14:12
  3. Help required
    By Baron Rolf in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5