Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hammerhead 2015

Default Hammerhead 2015

At newark in June and Derby this year we were approached by the above show organisers and asked if we would attend this show in 2015.

Hammerhead 2015 has a new, much larger venue, The George Stephenson Exhibition Hall at Newark Showground which offers a welcoming environment with plenty of natural light in which you can play games, shop for wargame goodies from a selection of top traders positioned around the perimeter of the hall. The visitor participation games are all located in the central area of the exhibition hall. It has its own catering facilities, which will be serving a variety of reasonably priced hot and cold food throughout the day.The car parking is plentiful, free and Newark Showground is only a few minutes from the A1.

The date is Saturday 28 Feb 2015

The question is, any interest in putting on our participation game there next year.
    I know it's still early but it is to confirm slots and how many tables .
    Let me know if any interest and
    I'll book us in

It was a good move by Hammerhead switching to the Showground last year IMO. The show was excellent. Better venue than Kelham Hall the previous year, and the Hall they used last year was only just big enough, so hopefully next year's event with it being in a much bigger Hall will be even better. We've been to a couple of events, one being a model railway show, in the GS Hall and they were both great. Hammerhead seems to be going from strength to strength, whilst Patizan seems to be standing still in many ways. They seem reluctant to move to Newark Showground, in spite of people grumbling about Kelham's lack of light and space. We are hoping to make it to Hammerhead, however I'll have to fiddle the weekend work rota first as at the moment that is my weekend on.

Sorry, not going to make that one
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I can do this one Chris - WGF for me please!

I will pencil it in, but I cannot be definite just yet
    Too much wierd stuff happening at work!

should be available to attend could not do much planning before hand as Marian and myself are on a 2 week holiday to the USA just before this.

Sounds like a date I may well be able to make Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Please put me down for WWI. Only 5 miles from home, so it would be rude not to.

I should be ok for that one - as long as it doesn't clash with Vapnartak in York - I know both are scheduled for February

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    I should be ok for that one - as long as it doesn't clash with Vapnartak in York - I know both are scheduled for February
    Vapnartak is Feb 1st I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Chicken View Post
    My Birthday!
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................
    Can I fit long range fuel tanks to get me up there?

Quote Originally Posted by Spring-Chicken View Post
    Great. Should be able to fit both in then.
    Rob.

Just to bring back to the fore.
    Dare 28 Feb in Newark, run by Kalistra.

We are provisionally down for two tables WW1 and WW2, from the last show of hands looks like WW1 had predominance.
    Still a few weeks away but I would like to confirm , so
    Can I get another show of hands now Xmas is over, we will put on WW1 definately any one for WAw2 or even SGN?

I should still be ok for this, not working weekends at the moment.
    WW1 or BoB, I will bring kit for both just in case

Please try and make it
    See you on the Dark Side......

Please try, would be great to have you there.

NEIL

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    My Birthday!
    Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.................
    Can I fit long range fuel tanks to get me up there?
    See you on the Dark Side......

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, Vapnartak still not sure.....
    it's a long way to go for an unfamiliar WGS game, birthday or not. If WGF is confirmed, then I'll see what I can do.

Hammerhead definitely O.K. for WGF! I can bring whatever minis are required.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Just to bring back to the fore.
    Dare 28 Feb in Newark, run by Kalistra.

We are provisionally down for two tables WW1 and WW2, from the last show of hands looks like WW1 had predominance.
    Still a few weeks away but I would like to confirm , so
    Can I get another show of hands now Xmas is over, we will put on WW1 definately any one for WAw2 or even SGN?
    I can confirm. WW1 please.

Ok chaps I have sent off confirmation that we will attend his show on 28 Feb.
    I have asked for a 6x4 playing area for WW1 with another trestle for a model display.
    I have said we may be able to put on a WW2 and/or Sails, but that depends on people coming forward to run.
    Names do far are for WW1 so that's what we have going.
    If you wish to attend and want to help with other than WW1 let me know and we will see what
    I can get for us. At Derby they were very keen to get us to attend
    Last edited by Boney10; 01-04-2015 at 03:08.

I will fit in wherever you need me Chris.
    Rob.

Should be able to make that one - put me down for either WWI or WWII.. working on a couple of scenario ideas which I would like to run sometime this year

while I prefer WWI, I can bring the train scenario and the Whirlwinds, plus Bf109s to defend it, and Spits and Hurries for a general melee after the train is wrecked.
    If some one has FW190s and Spitfire IXs, I have two Mossies for a 1943 version.

Received a mail from Hammerhead organisers, we have a table for WW1 with another pencilled in for both SoG and WW2 if any takers.

I don't mind doing WW2 again Chris, and SoG if I have a Leader on this one.
    Rob.

Confirmed for Newark - where do you want me?

Ok chaps as I see

WW1

Flying Helmut
    Ringbolt
    Hedeby

WW2

Flying Officer Kyte
    John Biggles....... You should not have mentioned Whirlwinds John
    Possible Hawkhurst and Deadly Marion

SoG
    Boney10

If not much on Sails , I'll join one of the other two tables

Tim can you take the lead with WW1, FO Kyte same for WW2, leaving me SoG.

Any more just turn up and join in. Hawkhurst Ill need your and good ladies names for the door to let you in.
    See you in a few weeks

Great Chris.
    I'm trying to recruit Christophe von Rogerstein's help, if he can make it.
    Rob.

OK looks like I can make it, happy to help on any table.

Great news Trev.
    See you there.
    Rob.

Excellent news Trev, see you there

Ok chaps as I see

WW1

Flying Helmut
    Ringbolt
    Hedeby

WW2

Flying Officer Kyte
    John Biggles....... You should not have mentioned Whirlwinds John
    Possible Hawkhurst and Deadly Marion
    I have two more now, if I get my finger out, I should have them ready for Hammerhead

Any idea what time we should be turning up?
    SWMBO and the girls will probably be coming for "a nice day out" so get your parachutes ready!

Received mails ref a Hammerhead yesterday so will be posting times etc later today or tomorrow.
    Tim and John (Johnbiggles) send me your email addresses and I'll forward on the instructions.
    All our tables are close to each other so we can all chip in as required and give moral support.
    See you in a couple of weeks

Looking forward to this Chris. Do you want to overnight at Chez Kyte like last year?
    Rob.

Let me know what time to assist with set up as am only about 45 mins away

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Looking forward to this Chris. Do you want to overnight at Chez Kyte like last year?
    Rob.
    That would be gratefully accepted Rob, it's a three hour drive from Bristol, so if I could pop over on the Friday it would help me a lot. Thank you

Look forward to seeing you then Chris.
    Rob.

Ok I have sent mails to the main people for the tables, we are all close together so we can help each other.
    Set up is from 0700 Sat 28 and all tables need to be ready for 0945.
    Doors open at 1000 for the public.
    The tables are all participation so if anyone wants a try out we should be able to do so.
    The mails have directions but if anyone going needs pm me your email.
    Set up doors are at rear of building to offload so if we can be there around 0800 to 0830 gives us time to set up all tables and have a quick gander ourselves, traders there too so hopefully we can make a few purchases.
    Upon arrival let the door people know what table you are and they will give you a wristband .
    Tables are WW1 GB03, WW2 GB07, SGN GB02.
    Can one person from each table collect game tickets please, Tim WW1, Rob/ John WW2 ME SGN. These tickets are given out to each player so they can vote for best game etc. this drawn around 1530.
    See you there, any questions etc put here or PM me

Brilliant ETA 8:00am it is then

Can you PM me with a list of what you want me to bring please Chris.
    Rob.

I'll be there at 8 to lend a hand.

I'll aim for 08:00, motorway permitting!

Ok I have sent mails to the main people for the tables, we are all close together so we can help each other.
    Set up is from 0700 Sat 28 and all tables need to be ready for 0945.
    Doors open at 1000 for the public.
    The tables are all participation so if anyone wants a try out we should be able to do so.
    The mails have directions but if anyone going needs pm me your email.
    Set up doors are at rear of building to offload so if we can be there around 0800 to 0830 gives us time to set up all tables and have a quick gander ourselves, traders there too so hopefully we can make a few purchases.
    Upon arrival let the door people know what table you are and they will give you a wristband .
    Tables are WW1 GB03, WW2 GB07, SGN GB02.
    Can one person from each table collect game tickets please, Tim WW1, Rob/ John WW2 ME SGN. These tickets are given out to each player so they can vote for best game etc. this drawn around 1530.
    See you there, any questions etc put here or PM me
    email received - thanks Chris!

A week to go for this show.

WW1 Tim this will be your table, run how you like, same as Reading, what missions you prefer, in any order.
    WW2 Rob you and John same on your table, suggest maybe a train buster mission, a BoB or Malta dogfight.
    SGN I'll run a few SoL battles maybe a frigate or two

Just to reiterate all the games are Public Participation games so we can expect gamers dropping in and out trying games.
    Rob I'll pm you later about Friday.
    I will be sending off names tomorrow so no one should have issues getting in.

Sounds good Chris, see you all at the show

Right on it Chris.
    John, send me a PM and let me know what you fancy putting on for WW2. I think for one game we will do my Malta Convoy action.
    Rob.

We will be dropping by at some point for a game or two, looking forward to whatever WW2 you have on the go at the time.

do you need me and Marian there early to help with the set up?

Hi Andy.
    I'll bring your Polo shirts on Saturday if you pop the dosh into my Paypal account.
    Rob.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. N. England & Scotland Vapnartak 2015
    By Strangely Brown in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 90
    Last Post: 01-19-2020, 07:24
  2. Prague Summer Con 2015
    By Dan-Sam in forum Past Prague Summer Cons
    Replies: 522
    Last Post: 02-11-2016, 06:15
  3. DONCASTER 2015
    By Hedeby in forum Doncaster 2015