Ares Games

Thread: Warfare Reading 15 & 16 Nov 2014

Default Warfare Reading 15 & 16 Nov 2014

Ok chaps,
    One of the last shows for 2014, Warfare in Reading, dates shown above.
    We have two tables booked for both days, WW1 and WW2.
    Can I have names of proposed attendees please.
    Can I have you forum name here and which day you intend to turn up.
    If a definately attending please PM me you name so I can send in the list for tickets for helpers.

See you there in a few weeks
    Last edited by Boney10; 10-13-2014 at 02:26.

Hi Chris
    Definitely in for both days - WGF, of course!

I'm afraid I won't be able to make this one Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

I can do Sunday Chris
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I have to send in names for this so anymore ?
    So far I have

Boney10 Sat & Sun
    Bogue. Sat & Sun
    Flying Helmut Sat & Sun
    Guntruck. Sun
    Strangely Brown Sat & Sun

We have the following booked
    Participation - wings of glory WW1 - 12x6
    Participation - wings of glory WW2 - 6x4

We can get 6 tickets so room for 2 more Sat and one for Sunday, any extra are welcome of course

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    I have to send in names for this so anymore ?
    So far I have

Boney10 Sat & Sun
    Bogue. Sat & Sun
    Flying Helmut Sat & Sun
    Guntruck. Sun

We have the following booked
    Participation - wings of glory WW1 - 12x6
    Participation - wings of glory WW2 - 6x4

We can get 6 tickets so room for 2 more Sat and one for Sunday, any extra are welcome of course
    I'll take the two for Saturday. I will also bring down a mate Cod Eyes aka Nick who has just joined the forum.

Hi Chris, I can make the Sunday if you still have a space for me.
    Don

Quote Originally Posted by Ringbolt View Post
    I'll take the two for Saturday. I will also bring down a mate Cod Eyes aka Nick who has just joined the forum.
    Great Jez.
    That upholds the Nottinghamshire presence in my absence.
    Rob.

Chris, I'll be OK for one day. Not sure which exactly just now as it depends on the equestrian part of the family. Should know in the next couple of days, but probably Saturday.

Sorry Chris I'm unable to make this one due to my 40th birthday celebration's that weekend.

I am sending in the following names for Reading

Boney10 Sat & Sun
    Bogue. Sat & Sun
    Flying Helmut Sat & Sun
    Guntruck. Sun
    Ringbolt Sat
    Codeyes Sat
    Burt Sun
    Dave Manley TBC

Jez can You
    PM me your and Nick full names please

Chris,

What time to arrive on the saturday?

Any idea of the pay and display parking costs for the day? Just so i can get an idea on how many tons of Ł1 coins to bring

I see you can claim 50% back on the day.

Nigel

Taffy Le Clerk

Chris,

I have today joined this group and will be at Reading on the Saturday presenting a Demonstration Game with Tring Wargames Club, and will pop over to your game to say Hello and introduce myself

Cheers

Taffy Le Clerk aka Henry

Hi Wingman, and welcome to the Drome.
    Chris will see you right.
    Unfortunately I will not be able to make it this year, but you will be in good hands with my SE Squadron Leader.
    Do pop into the Drome's Officers' Club for a chinwag and a virtual beer or three with me.
    Rob.

If all goes according to plan I should see you on Sunday Chris.

Suffering withdrawal symptoms - but a bit too far for me. Looks like its 2015 before I get to come out and play with the chaps again...

See you chaps on Sunday morning - don't forget the booster Gunners !

All set for tomorrow. I'm off at sparrows so I should be there for setting up.

All ready for tomorrow, look forward to seeing you all ther

Just about to start getting ready - looking forward to this immensely!

Have a good one chaps.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    See you chaps on Sunday morning - don't forget the booster Gunners !
    No probs, see you there.

Have a great weekend Chaps. And don't forget lot's of pics, well Chris (Hedeby) is suffering and needs lots of pics to keep him going.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Too right... looks like I may need to try a solo game and take lots of nice AAR shots just to keep me sane

The road to ruin, selfies!
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Hedeby View Post
    Suffering withdrawal symptoms - but a bit too far for me. Looks like its 2015 before I get to come out and play with the chaps again...
    Maybe we could arrange something when you pop over to collect your Wings stuff.
    Rob.

What a splendid idea Wing Commander

Back from Warfare - all went well - big thanks to Don & Tim for the WW1 bash - Don put up a fine fight against overwhelming odds after my RE8 was downed taking on three Albatrii, one of which ended up with three kills and surviving. Beginners luck Great to see Chris, Nigel and Steve again though they were SoGging it today instead of trying to punch holes in my kite.

Just before my RE8 gets the chop:
    Name:  SAM_4833.JPG
Views: 201
Size:  242.2 KB
    (Already shot up I took close range hits from both Albatrii, 2,1 from the front and 3,3 with +1's from behind knocked me down)

Don takes them on in his Camel:
    Name:  SAM_4834.JPG
Views: 208
Size:  242.8 KB
    (He got one but had to retire badly shot up...)
    Last edited by flash; 11-17-2014 at 00:53.

Good to hear you had a good time Dave.
    Just missed the chance to blag a lift with Chris, as we are in Brizol on Thursday to Sunday.
    It's all in the timing.
    The pictures are great appetizers. I trust that there will be more along later?
    Thanks for posting so promptly.
    Rob.

Yep, good to see you too Dave, and the rest of the crew. Had a good time on the SoG table. When I say good, I mean I think I got a world record for losing a ship. All my crew lost to rakes within 5 cards. That's better than drawing the bang card in WoW!

Never mind, managed to smuggle my purchases through Checkpoint Charlie when I got home

Another successful show if I say so myself. Saturday was extremely busy on both tables.
    sat we had two WW1 tables on the go and Sunday I put on a SGN display/ participation while Tim , once again, put on the WW1 with him lovely Jastas .
    I know KR sold out of WoG trays and Stafford games sold out of WGF double sets, all attributed to our tables, so happy days.
    At 10 am on the Saturday one of the organisers asked if we would be coming next year and that was after we were just setting up for this years .
    Also the organisers for Hammerhead again asked about us attending in Feb so we seem to be popular.
    I will post pics when I get home this coming weekend, unfortunately no camera for Sunday so can't post pics of the SoG games.
    Thanks to all the helpers, I'll put in for minor con UK medals again this coming weekend.
    Cheers chaps appreciate the enthusiasm in helping out

Highly enjoyable once again!
    Lots of multi-winged mayhem on the WW1 Sat & Sun table.
    Nice to meet up with, and play against, Ringbolt, Codeyes, Bogue, Flash, Dave Manley, Burt, Steve, and of course Chris - thanks very much for organising this once again!
    Good to meet Henry too.
    A fun end to this year's shows.

I managed to limit my purchases to a 4Ground Wild West livery stable, and a 6' x 8' brown felt base cloth for my Wild West town(s).

I would just like to add my thanks to you chaps for flying the flag so admirably for us once again this year.
    As Chris says, those entitled to Minor Con medals will receive them in due course.
    Rob.

Gutted to have missed it - will we see some of the SoG photo's as well?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Another successful show if I say so myself. Saturday was extremely busy on both tables.
    sat we had two WW1 tables on the go and Sunday I put on a SGN display/ participation while Tim , once again, put on the WW1 with him lovely Jastas .
    I know KR sold out of WoG trays and Stafford games sold out of WGF double sets, all attributed to our tables, so happy days.
    At 10 am on the Saturday one of the organisers asked if we would be coming next year and that was after we were just setting up for this years .
    Also the organisers for Hammerhead again asked about us attending in Feb so we seem to be popular.
    I will post pics when I get home this coming weekend, unfortunately no camera for Sunday so can't post pics of the SoG games.
    Thanks to all the helpers, I'll put in for minor con UK medals again this coming weekend.
    Cheers chaps appreciate the enthusiasm in helping out
    A cracking day on Saturday (and I got another 3 kills - and without being shot down for a change!). A pity my dragons couldn't make an appearance (maybe next time once I get some special rules sorted out for them). Great to meet everyone again, and special thanks to Nigel for bringing the dragons (and my latest Wild West ladies) safely home after their overnight stay at the show.

A pity you didn't have your camera on day 2 Chris, Nigel tells me the SoG game was very photogenic

I was still umming n arhing about going an whether my boy could cope with the journey, good job I didn't book train tickets either, must check dates.
    Happy Birthday to Mark. Useless me. . Did u get the badges Dave?

No I didn't in the end Si but Chris still has plenty.

Hi,

Anybody remember who took the pictures of the motley crew that attended, can they post them here, please.

It was a great show and will be going again this year.

Nigel

Wasn't me - I forgot my camera on the Saturday, then remembered to bring it on the Sunday, but without a memory card in it! DOH!!!!!!

Pics from Day 1 of Warfare, I had a senior moment on the Sunday and left the camera at at home Pity as I did SoG on the Sunday
    We had two Tables, Table one was mission orientated , manned ably by Flying Helmut, Dave Manley , Ringbolt & Codeyes, we also had Flash and Burt assisting too. Cant show pics of the SoG but had a couple of good games with Guntruck

Anyway Saturdays Crew

L -R Dave Manley, Bogue, Boney10 (kneeling) Flying Helmut, Ringbolt & Codeyes

Game 1 Early war MS N's V Eindekkers

Flamers and casualties, was quite surprised with the fire, especially as the WingCo was not about, those Gin fumes must travel

Games 2 Moving along, Pups and Albatross DII

The Hun just gloating

Game 3

Se5 V Albatross DIII

Yes they are picking on Dilthey

Some of the happy punters

Not always just the young ones

or just Male

More pics in Album Warfare 2014

Thanks for some more splendid pictures for the archives Chris.
    Glad someone remembered their memory card. Nudge nudge, wink wink.
    Kyte.

Similar Missions

1. Warfare Reading 16 & 17 November
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 12-03-2013, 04:23
  2. Warfare Reading 17 & 18 Nov
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 11-19-2012, 12:57
  3. Warfare Reading 18 & 19 Nov
    Replies: 5