Ares Games

Thread: Missed the Boat (DIY?)

Default Missed the Boat (DIY?)

Jumped in, ordered everything I thought I would need to get started.
    Ended up with One duel starter, everything else unavailable!

Shapeways increased prices (thankfully not badly) at about the same time, Do I feel like I missed the boat with this game.
    Still I did get a pretty LITTLE Spad (In three parts) with a paint job which does not exactly match Osprey artwork.
    Wonder how many people tidy up the paint jobs?

OK I had a thunk about it and thunked some more. Obviously I had missed out on buying any WOW card packs.
    Looks like I will be making my own cards, Thank the Maker for this website.

Does anyone use damage record cards instead of counters?
    I figure with one the damage cards could then go into a discard pile to be used again if the shuffled deck is used up.
    Anyone from the Starmada forum will know I like to tinker with game designs to suit myself.
    Name:  ADR Camel example.jpg
Views: 165
Size:  127.4 KB
    Example of what I came up with. The blank has a pilot and two Observer/Gunners so should cover all the "Light" aircraft?
    Thoughts anyone?

It's well designed indeed.

Maybe you could add firepower, maneuverability, climb rate and ceiling values in the same box already containing plane's name?

I guess those black and white circles are use to track altitude?

Jammed rudder is neat solution. Actually, one does need only one field for that, as it's not transferred between the moves.

P.S. Maybe card needs fields for ace abilities?

Looks a goer to me sir.
    East to adjust for any scout or two seater aircraft if the top box is left empty.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    It's well designed indeed.

Maybe you could add firepower, maneuverability, climb rate and ceiling values in the same box already containing plane's name?

I guess those black and white circles are use to track altitude?

Jammed rudder is neat solution. Actually, one does need only one field for that, as it's not transferred between the moves.

P.S. Maybe card needs fields for ace abilities?
    Thanks.
    Revised blank with ace pilot skills Left to right Acrobatic Pilot, Bullet checker, Dare Devil, Good in evading and Perfect Aim.
    The circles are to record climb with the number of un-blanked circles indicating the aircraft's climb rate. Box underneath for actual Altitude.
    Printed at 300dpi it should fit beneath the aircraft card on the console (since some damage is secret).
    The box at the top is intended for the aircraft ID but could be for anything I have forgotten.
    I guess it could be adapted for planes with two pilots (I assume only one skill would still be used).
    Name:  Allied Damage Record Rev1.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  153.1 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Looks a goer to me sir.
    East to adjust for any scout or two seater aircraft if the top box is left empty.
    Rob.
    Thank you, I thought it might do for aircraft up to light bombers/seaplanes. (Couple on order)
    Although, if I understand correctly the larger aircraft have bigger cards? So bomb load could be kept on a card as well.
    I have one version with blank roundel and another with a cross just to cover the bases so to speak.
    Hope it gets to be of use.
    Paul

If it were encapsulated, you could mark it for any aircraft you wished. Just amended with a whiteboard marker, and then wiped clean after the action.
    Rob.

Oh I feel another magnetic control panel in the offing now.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    If it were encapsulated, you could mark it for any aircraft you wished. Just amended with a whiteboard marker, and then wiped clean after the action.
    Rob.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Oh I feel another magnetic control panel in the offing now.
    And to think, I only picked up my magnetic sticky backed sheet for the Zeppelin control panel at Derby last weekend.
    Rob.

Similar Missions

1. Surprised Rob missed this bit of hot news
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-21-2014, 16:43
  2. Missed this first time round...
    By Guntruck in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 10-01-2013, 00:02
  3. A movie i had somehow missed.
    By richard m schwab in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6