Ares Games
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Thread: Series 9 lineup!

Users Country Flag

Blog Entries
    Name
    Barry
    Sorties Flown

As related on the UK forum, I was in Marquee Models, Harlow, yesterday and picked up two French Sopwiths, two British, one each of the Nieuports, two out of three Albatros and one Phoenix.

My initial reaction is that they are all very nice models and the designers should be congratulated. The two Sopwiths (I passed on the Comic) are very crisp and the two French fill a big gap in my French air force as I never got any Breguets. The French ones can be used on the Western Front until early '18. The single Phoenix was a curiosity purchase but I like the colour scheme. The Nieuports are dinky and I am waiting to compare them with the Nieu 11 which came in the balloon set to see if they differ. So I now have four Nieu 11s. The two Albatros (I passed on the non-German one) are very neat and also fill an early war hole in my collection.

Overall - 9.9 out of 10. My only complaint at this stage: "When do we get a Sopwith Pup?"

Thanks a lot!
    With the balloons you had Nieuport 16 - no headrest. More powerful engine but heavier - overall same speed and unbalanced plane, so less agile than Ni.11.

Having to deal with at least one of the Governor Kitzhaber Memorial Traffic Jams... yeah, game ain't worth the candle.

Quote Originally Posted by csadn View Post
    Having to deal with at least one of the Governor Kitzhaber Memorial Traffic Jams... yeah, game ain't worth the candle.

Boepp

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160912_174229.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	100.1 KB 
ID:	207080Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160912_174430.jpg 
Views:	105 
Size:	125.0 KB 
ID:	207081

My planes arrived today and the empty box was well received too. :-)

It's funny my cats do not like boxes.

Great cat picture Bjoern, and the aircraft will be an asset too.

Maybe your cats are suffering from Schrodinger's syndrome John.

My cat takes immediate ownership of any box which enters the house, even if he can't get into it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Got my first of this series today, one of each aircraft.
    Quite happy with the models. Well it was pointed out to me at the last show I attended the Austrian Phonix with the red/white wings had the top wing crosses out of alignment, so did mine, anyone else or just a couple of bad instances ?
    Also
    I saw the Phonix has two red climb cards, have I missed something here, is there an explanation as to what this is for ?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thought the extra rule for the Strutter was good as it shows the initial doctrine was incorrect.
    Lastly the Albatross C with the Dragon on the side, is the design on this an individual or unit emblem, anyone know ?

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Got my first of this series today, one of each aircraft.
    Quite happy with the models. Well it was pointed out to me at the last show I attended the Austrian Phonix with the red/white wings had the top wing crosses out of alignment, so did mine, anyone else or just a couple of bad instances ?
    Also
    I saw the Phonix has two red climb cards, have I missed something here, is there an explanation as to what this is for ?
    Any help appreciated.
    Thought the extra rule for the Strutter was good as it shows the initial doctrine was incorrect.
    Lastly the Albatross C with the Dragon on the side, is the design on this an individual or unit emblem, anyone know ?
    Chris, look again at the two climb cards...one is a dive! This bird can dive like a brick.

Thanks Peter, yes ok I see the down arrow, so it has a climb, a standard dive and a short dive correct

I received my WGF Series 9 yesterday, thanks Keith. They are lovely kites!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Series 9.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	187.0 KB 
ID:	207277

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415

Similar Missions

1. Wings of Glory next Series after Series 6
    By Kaiser in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 03-25-2013, 14:49
  2. WGF Seeking some series 1-3 minis, have some of series 1, 2 and 4 to trade
    By Xen in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-09-2012, 07:06
  3. old series (especially series 1) reprints?
    By Black Bishop in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 06-26-2012, 06:29
  4. Series 2 and Series 4 for sale
    By kduke42 in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-02-2011, 16:10
  5. Does Series 5 add up?
    By Belis4rius in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-29-2011, 03:25