Ares Games

Thread: Forum Speed

Default Forum Speed

Okay, this is going out to all pilots, observers, ground crews and others...

I love this site and all the comaraderie...but I find this site s l o w . Slow to load, slow to post a response, slow to access files. Is this just a "Mayor" thing or does anyone else have a similiar problem? I'm running Win Vista and IE-8 with all patches, etc. Also have an Intel core 2 extreme x7900 @2.8 GHz with 4 MB of RAM. Even when I disable all superfluous stuff it still runs painfully slow for me. Maybe my ground crew needs to re-tune my engine and do an oil change? Love to get some feedback!

This forum runs very fast for me - and I'm on AOL 56k dial-up!

Users Country Flag

Name
    Adrian
    Sorties Flown

Ahhh Vista... there's the problem (only joking)

Try:
    http://www.speedtest.net

see what results you get from that. If you're on ADSL1 or ADSL2 and everything is working ok, you should get a ping of around 50ms and download speed of anywhere between 8 - 20 Mb per second. If your download figure is way below that, have a chat to your ISP support staff.

Good luck,
    Adrian
    Last edited by ara398; 09-01-2010 at 22:32. Reason: clarification

Fast here too, no lag at all.

I've never had any speed complaints about the site. The user area (left side) is a little graphic heavy.

In your start menu, type CMD in the search box. When the new black window comes up, type in Ping and then 65.254.250.113 and let us know what kind of results you get.

I agree Adrian. I think it's a link issue rather than your pc performance. Test it.

I've at home an hw/sw similar to yours and a Asymmetric DSL link (7 Mb download /384 Kb upload max rate. Normal rate is 3-3.5 Mb/256Kb) The forum browsing isn't slow.

Attilio

No probs with me, even with the c**p IT infrastructure at work

It's a 'Mayor' thing
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

I must support my wingman on this. No problems this side of the pond even on N.T.L.(Virgin)
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The forum so fast I think they added a jet engine to my plane!

Cheers,
    Ed

It is a "Mayor thing".

It may be your Vista or your antivirus that don't like something about this forum. It's perfectly fast in my rig.

I'm running Vista (and Norton anti-virus) and I have no problems at all. It's just as fast (if not faster) than any other site I go to on the web. I've never had any slow issues with the Aerodrome, so I'm guessing it IS a "Mayor" thing.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Keith Todd
    Sorties Flown

No problems with the forum for me.

I'm using Windows XP and my antivirus is AVG (free edition) and I've no problem with forum speed (its a lot faster than the other forum I'm a member of)

Similar Missions

1. Speed maneuver selecting
    By Goering Ace in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 01-20-2012, 09:15
  2. Speed rules/cards for WWI planes?
    By Gallo Rojo in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-01-2010, 13:32
  3. Forum options?
    By WilliamBarkerVC in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6