Ares Games

Thread: Seeking Wings of War Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat

Default Seeking Wings of War Grumman F4F-3 Wildcat

I realize this is a long shot but I am feeling lucky. Back story first...

I was in my home away from home game store today and found a full set of 3 Mitsubishi A6M3 Resen "Zero" planes in a neat row behind some newer models! Imagine the excitement of peeling them off the rack one by one and discovering another different version behind...

I have some previously purchased Japanese planes to pit against my F-51's and P-40's and I just purchased bombers from the Aerodrome store! Now I am turning my attention toward finding the US versions of the Wildcat with a preference for the F4F-4 if I can only find one. If anyone has seen one of these at a local store or gathering dust in a collection please let me know.

Miniaturemarket.com has the British version . . . On clearance . . .

weve got a few at the store.

Smile

Scott

I f they have to be WOG airplanes do not look at these. I saw them at the IPMS nationals and now they are out! They looked nice an a great decal number set!

Rich

http://merit-intl.com/meritnew/index...&sku=MIL-68202
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails MIL-68202.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Looks like these are 1:350 Richard.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

The first Merit link from Richard is to 1/200 but I have not been able to find them retail. I sent an email to the company asking how to acquire their products. I will relay it here when they reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokhuah View Post
    The first Merit link from Richard is to 1/200 but I have not been able to find them retail. I sent an email to the company asking how to acquire their products. I will relay it here when they reply.
    Right. Got it now Scott thanks. I only read the last post with the address on it.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Merit's 1/200 line, so far: http://merit-intl.com/meritnew/index...w_this_many=10

Lacking in Axis units, but I suspect they intend to rectify that. And with a per-unit price approx. 1/3 as much as Ares....

The Hornet is really awesome. I found it on multiple sites but the price of $399 is going to force me to hold off on that one... and just buy more planes!!!

Do you know how they compare with AIM?

Peter

They were being displayed in blister packs. They looked nice at $5.00 each they are worth a look! Here is my original post on this line.

Rich

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...ew-i-saw-today!

Thanks Richard. Looking good for $20!

Thumbs up

Peter

You are correct. That E-Bay ad says they are unpainted and need assemble. Ignore that they are painted, you have options for the decals.

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 68202_Decals_Corrected_tails.jpg  

This is great, now to find who will carry them...

Are there Wildcat card templates out there for the bases, etc? Are they an E plane? Sorry if this is common knowledge, just getting my feet wet with WoG.

Do you think that they will ever cross the Atlantic to the U.K.?

Scott

The Wildcat was in the original Dawn of War WW2 starter set. Cards and maneuver deck. Long before any minis camo out.

Rich

David

That is a great question. I think only time will tell. You might contact them and ask. It looks like E-Bay is the source for know.

Rich

Richard, some of the Wildcat statistics were printed incorrectly in the 'Dawn of War' box and were corrected when the models were produced.

Planes now available for preorder:

https://legendshobbies.com/legendsne...oducts&cat=101

Who has experience with integrating third party planes into WoG? Is this a better question for the hobby room?

The Hobby Room will help you mount the models so that you can use the altitude stands. There are official statistics and movement decks for the Wildcats, Mitchells and Dauntlesses. There may be something in the Files section on the Vindicators but I fear that they are too slow for the current movement decks.

Bumping this up because the Wildcats mentioned above finally arrived on this side of the pond:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WilcatsWeb.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	122.3 KB 
ID:	148929

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WilcatDetailWeb.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	101.2 KB 
ID:	148930

BTW, Legends Toys and Hobbies no longer carries the models. In the future you can find them at: Jaguar Models.

Scott

Not bad looking! Thanks for posting them! All i could see was glare in August!

Rich

Similar Missions

1. WGF Essex/East London player seeking Wings of War
    By 'Warspite' in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-14-2013, 16:44
  2. Grumman TBF-1 Avenger
    By Dark Horse in forum 1/144 Scale Dawn of War
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-26-2013, 15:30
  3. Seeking historical accuracy
    By petitbilbo in forum WGF: Historical Discussions