Ares Games

Thread: Nissions

Default Nissions

Whilst it's great getting missions posted ad hoc could all players please observe the pecking order of missions as given in post 3 of the thread link below.

Missions should not be posted until just before the month they are due to be played in.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...he-Skies-Rules

Any additional missions will be given a month they are to be played in and a campaign month they should cover. Some historical reference to any major battles in that month could be used as background for the mission design.

Cheers, Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

Hmm. Sorry Neil, but i dont understand. There is an order of play like: i play one mission, then you are allowed to play the same mission. Or there are an order of days in which that mission should be played? Like: 20 August - 10 September one mission // - // another mission. Or something else?
    Thanks

Nick

For BoB you should play the missions in a row.

Someone publishes the next mission and all players can play them.

I see that the first Kanalkampf, ("the Channel battles") - 10 July to 11 August mission is online.

Thank you Neal!

Should I write the next one?
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

If you're next in line Sven please do.

When the campaign started Nicolas all the participants indicated if they would like to write a mission BRF. They were then put into an order to be played. The idea being everyone participating would play all the mission s in order. Additional missions added on the end as and when required. So everyone got to write a mission BRF if they wanted. Each mission BRF covers a particular period in that campaign. Hence the first 3 BoB missions covering France, the 2nd set of 3 the Kanalkampf etc. Beside each mission is noted the author and the month it should be flown. (ie 1 mission flown each month). Results are then posted. Once an actual calender month has passed the next mission should have been published and be ready to play. And so on and so on.

Your missions should be included at then end and played within the current mission order. However if for some reason a participant drops out or cannot write a BRF for that month then it can be allocated to someone else. But as with BoB 4: Kanalkampf, it was too late to put it out so I wrote it. If you follow the posts in the Fire over the Skies rules thread you will see the running order of missions.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Hmm. Sorry Neil, but i dont understand. There is an order of play like: i play one mission, then you are allowed to play the same mission. Or there are an order of days in which that mission should be played? Like: 20 August - 10 September one mission // - // another mission. Or something else?
    Thanks

Nick

Hi Neil.
    Malta raises it's own problem.
    I am following the monthly cycle of the siege, so for me I am just posting for September 1940. A day or two late I know but September was a bit busy.
    Where possible I'm using the BoB Malta alternative, but have fitted in the generic one for September.
    Can I also fly yours this month and call it October 1940?
    Rob.
    Last edited by Flying Officer Kyte; 10-01-2014 at 11:11.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Ok, so let me see if I understand it:
    Theres a calendar to post BRFs, but not to play missions. We should post the BRFs in the order of the historical battle. Once the month has passed BRFs posted should be in other time of the same historical battle. Is that it?
    Thanks

Nick

Of course Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hi Neil.
    Malta raises it's own problem.
    I am following the monthly cycle of the siege, so for me I am just posting for September 1940. A day or two late I know but September was a bit busy.
    Where possible I'm using the BoB Malta alternative, but have fitted in the generic one for September.
    Can I also fly yours this month and call it October 1940?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Of course Rob.
    Cheers Neil.
    I will start writing the intro for late September tonight then.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Nobody should just post a BRF.
    They have to follow in numerical order.
    The order of missions and their numbering has already been decided and is posted in the following thread:

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...he-Skies-Rules

New players joining the campaign join the BRF sequence at the end.

Unless a person drops out or is unable to complete a BRF in time to be posted then it will be thrown open for someone else to take this on instead.

So your missions will either slot in (as has happened with the two you've wrote) or go to the end of the mission queue to play.

If you read the thread it gives an indication of the historical time frame/geographical area for a mission to be written for and a general hint as to what it could contain.

Other than that I'm quite happy for players to write missions but keep them in the game order as it throws the spreadsheet out if we don't.

Also if a mission is posted too soon it may get lost in the great scheme of things or it may be too similar to one already proposed and about to be posted.

Hope this clears that one up.

Neil

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Ok, so let me see if I understand it:
    Theres a calendar to post BRFs, but not to play missions. We should post the BRFs in the order of the historical battle. Once the month has passed BRFs posted should be in other time of the same historical battle. Is that it?
    Thanks

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    If you're next in line Sven please do.
    No, I'm not.

But if RichJ has no mission in the production, I'll edit the next one.
    Voilą le soleil d'Austerlitz!

Give it until Sunday Sven if no mission is forthcoming then it's yours.

Neil