Ares Games
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Series 3 re-print, any word about which Albatros D.III we will see?

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I've come late to this but for what it's worth I think we'll see Bromowski as the reprint but I'd much rather they reprinted Voss but corrected the wing camo that is wrong. I'd go with:

Voss – famous ace interesting paint scheme with a red heart (I think hearts and animal motifs go down well with some of the game buyers)

I would print the MvR DIII. That F-Toys have already done it doesn't matter, only hard core WoG player will be bothered to hunt them down and convert them for playing the game. However, ARES could get the wing camo right, the F-Toys is wrong, (check out Dan San on the Aerodrome forum for the historical details.) MvR is the accessible marketing angle that I think should be exploited as it is a great way of getting new players interested– the enduring Red Baron myth etc.

I'd like to see Frommhertz but appreciate that if Brumowski was dropped that the third scheme should be this candy striped one.

However, don't put it past ARES to do MvR and Brumowski, after all we've had two black DVas in the same release and they have never been very good at choosing Albatros paint schemes, given what we've had and what we could have had.

MvR would be a great model for the repainters amongst us – no decals required and with minimal paint work we can do half-a dozen from Jasta 11. (A green fuselage band gives us another one.)

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    I would like to see three new aircraft.
    I agree

Smile

My pick for one of the Albatross would be Paul Baumer's one with the Edelweiss on the Fuselage.
    Did they have that one in one of the Delux Box sets?

Name:  WW1 Albatross Paul Baumer.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  44.6 KB

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

Baumer's Albatros is a DV not a DIII and yes it's currently available in a Duel set. ARES haven't got the paint scheme correct on their version.

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    Baumer's Albatros is a DV not a DIII and yes it's currently available in a Duel set. ARES haven't got the paint scheme correct on their version.
    Correct Tim!
    I thought he had a D.III with the same paint job.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I'd like to know on the DIII version – interesting. There are two books on J5 that I'd love to get but they are expensive.

I must admit personally i really hope that they reprint Werner Woss' DIII, and it to me at least it would make sense! plus its a lovely plane

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by leutnant Wolff View Post
    I must admit personally i really hope that they reprint Werner Woss' DIII, and it to me at least it would make sense! plus its a lovely plane
    I wouldn't hold your breath unfortunately - to date Ares has shown no deviation from its pattern of reprinting whichever sold fastest first time around, even if the colour scheme is sufficiently unique that you can easily guess the market's saturated for that one and it'll be a poor seller this time around. On that basis, Voss would be nice, but we'll almost certainly get Bromowski....

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    My pick for one of the Albatross would be Paul Baumer's one with the Edelweiss on the Fuselage.
    Did they have that one in one of the Delux Box sets?

Name:  WW1 Albatross Paul Baumer.jpg
Views: 565
Size:  44.6 KB
    Yes they did but it is a DVa

P-G

Ps. Oh, sorry Tim. I didn't see your post in time.

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    That is a stunning looking bird

ah that's a shame i also really like the Hautzmayer DIII (<----Might have been obvious ) but i sense that one isn't likely in that case either shame

Users Country Flag

Name
    Dom
    Sorties Flown

I thought the Hautzmayer one was great, but it was comfortably the poorest seller unfortunately. Another A-H bird as one of the new ones might have an outside chance though....

Quote Originally Posted by Dom S View Post
    I thought the Hautzmayer one was great, but it was comfortably the poorest seller unfortunately. Another A-H bird as one of the new ones might have an outside chance though....
    im keeping my fingers well and truly crossed for it i must admit if not i will be keeping my eyes out for 2nd hand ones popping up although im not holding my breath on that one either

Note the rudder - to do this one properly, you'll have to get the OAW D.III, not the Standard one. Shapeways make one.

LOOP

Quote Originally Posted by leutnant Wolff View Post
    im keeping my fingers well and truly crossed for it i must admit if not i will be keeping my eyes out for 2nd hand ones popping up although im not holding my breath on that one either
    They have a Hautzmayer DIII at "GAMEMANIACS" here in Sweden. They trade online but I don't know if they ship abroad. They also have some N17, RE8 and UFAGs. I got my Voss DIII from them a mounth ago or so.
    Might be worth a look

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    my interest was all about the skull. i really like skulls.
    We have a few.

Name:  teschi1.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  110.0 KBName:  Teschi2.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  151.6 KB

Still missing Ruffo di Calabria (we had a card for his SPAD XIII in the very first box, Famous Aces):

Name:  S_XIII_Ruffo.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  214.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by LOOP View Post
    They have a Hautzmayer DIII at "GAMEMANIACS" here in Sweden. They trade online but I don't know if they ship abroad. They also have some N17, RE8 and UFAGs. I got my Voss DIII from them a mounth ago or so.
    Might be worth a look
    Thank you! They do indeed i sort oof muddled through not being able to speak or more importantly read swedish it made it quite fun bit like a treasure hunt haha, i believe they do sell to the UK however you have to email them first to make sure i think so will be looking into that so cheers again

Rob

Get all the minis with death's-heads on them and have a...

[sunglasses]

...SKULL SESSION.

B)

LOOP

Still no time frame?

No update as far as I know.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

if their should be any re-releases their should be at least one ddifferent pilot and paint scheme

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Apologies to those awaiting cards and things from me, but I seriously squirreled on this beautiful paint job. And I was trying new techniques for diagonals.

Attachment 146381

Ezekiel, paint away! Your card is ready for you.
    OMG, that's a fantastic card! Now we NEED the plane. It gets my vote.

Quote Originally Posted by Black Kniggit View Post
    if their should be any re-releases their should be at least one ddifferent pilot and paint scheme
    I bet there will be Brumowski and two nem painting schemes in series No.3.

LOOP

Brumowski is the obvious choice but I think that it just might be Voss.

We will see. I check eBay sometimes (just for fun) and Brumowski is the most expensive mini. But if there will Voss, jo problem - I already have Brumowski's mini

LOOP

And I have only Voss

Because of the Brumowski, and I was at the height of my Italian Wing painting at that time, all my DIIIs bar Voss are done as Austrians, so I will be glad to get my hands on a few new machines to bolster my German DIII.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    We have a few.

Name:  teschi1.jpg
Views: 483
Size:  110.0 KBName:  Teschi2.jpg
Views: 482
Size:  151.6 KB
    well ive got 4 out of 5. if id known that machi m5 had a skull id probably gotten that one instead. i dont know, though. i really like the sea monster as well!

Quote Originally Posted by Angiolillo View Post
    Still missing Ruffo di Calabria (we had a card for his SPAD XIII in the very first box, Famous Aces):

Name:  S_XIII_Ruffo.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  214.8 KB
    i would definitely like to see that one produced!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    We will see. I check eBay sometimes (just for fun) and Brumowski is the most expensive mini. But if there will Voss, jo problem - I already have Brumowski's mini
    id say the brumwskis the second most expensive mini. still looking for an udet d7 in my price range they go for some crazy money on ebay........

That is proof how much reprints helped. Few years ago, one of the most expensive min was Goering's Fokker D.VII.
    Hope you will hunt you Udet soon, Philip.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I've not been following ARES that closely recently but given previous schedules I had an October/November 2015 release for the Series Three reprints in my mind. However, I'm now doubtful of this since we've heard nothing official at all, unless of course ARES are reducing the time between announcement and delivery. I'm now guessing early 2016.

Unfortunately, I think you're right................which means I probably won't get my Pfalz DIII reprint until 2017!

Hmm, I think series No.4 reprint is important mainly for Se.5a minis. That is the most wanted plane after releasing reprint of series 1 and 2.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I'd agree that the SE5a in bog standard Western Front RFC/RAF colours is the single most wanted/needed model of all but I don't think that ARES will be getting round to it any time soon. If they follow their previous form we might be looking at S3 reprints, say, early 2016. A new Series towards the autumn of next year. I'd guess on April 2017, one hundred years after Bloody April, as the earliest likely date before we see the SE5a again. Then it will be a case of pre-order to ensure you get the models as I think they will sell out very quickly. And many will be back to wanting SE5a all over again…

I eagerly await S3 as I'm keen to add the DIII and N17, in numbers, to my collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan-Sam View Post
    Hmm, I think series No.4 reprint is important mainly for Se.5a minis. That is the most wanted plane after releasing reprint of series 1 and 2.
    Not for me - I am one of the very few who have enough SE5a models; it's the Pfalz DIIIs I need.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Helmut View Post
    Not for me - I am one of the very few who have enough SE5a models; it's the Pfalz DIIIs I need.
    Same here. I've built three Valom SE5's and they look OK. I'm now looking forward to Valom releasing the Pfalz DIII.
    And once again a big thank you for kindly selling me a Pfalz DIII. It helps a great deal (especially as a novice model builder) having an existing plane as a model.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicola Zee View Post
    And once again a big thank you for kindly selling me a Pfalz DIII. It helps a great deal (especially as a novice model builder) having an existing plane as a model.
    No problem!
    I've been coming at the war from the wrong end anyway - it's time I started at the beginning, and work my way forward.
    That way, I'll probably arrive at mid 1917 in mid 2017, and the Pfalz DIIIs might appear!

It sounds like this is a dangerous photograph.
    Name:  Derby9.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  202.1 KB

Users Country Flag

Name
    Tim
    Sorties Flown

I'm bumping this – has there been any news at all about the Series 3 reprints?

Not that I have heard/read.........................

Quote Originally Posted by Timmo UK View Post
    I eagerly await S3 as I'm keen to add the DIII and N17, in numbers, to my collection.
    Though I will always want for more SE5as... it's the Albatros D.IIIs and their "J" deck that keeps me pining for the Series 3 reprints. And I'll also be happy with another Harry Tate or two.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WGF: Series 1 re-print update!
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 03-14-2012, 16:33
  2. The Albatros (OAW) D.III series 253 - a re-paint
    By Wombat in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-17-2011, 21:49
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-17-2011, 12:05