Ares Games

Thread: ROCKCON is Back! 7-9 NOV 2014 (WI/IL)

Default ROCKCON is Back! 7-9 NOV 2014 (WI/IL)

Mark your calendars!

7-8-9 NOV 2014

If you are familiar with ROCKCON it is back just with a new name...What-Khan. Apparently due to legal issues with the previous backer the name had to change this year. it is the same venue, same format and same organizers as ROCKCON, just a different name.

One of the organizers was at our gaming group last night and I will definitely have a Bolt Action Tournament this year on Saturday 8 November.

I had a great time playing WoG last year at this event.

Because of the name change they are worried that people who have attended in the past may miss it.

They are looking for more games to be registered.

http://www.what-khan.com/

Hope to see some of you there who have attended in the past.

WHAT!
    We already have off of work on October 24-26. We probably can't get off of work with this short notice. Beth and I need 5 to 6 month notice.
    How long has this been changed? This is the first I have heard of it.

Quote Originally Posted by BBSuds View Post
    WHAT!
    We already have off of work on October 24-26. We probably can't get off of work with this short notice. Beth and I need 5 to 6 month notice.
    How long has this been changed? This is the first I have heard of it.
    Recently found out myself. The Last Square moved/closed last year and RockCon was going to go away. The organizers are trying to save it, but had to change the name and are trying to get the word out.

Hope you can still make it.

Aaron

I was at Royal Hobbies here in Rockford today, and they told me the same thing. This was being worked on for a little while, but because of time running short, they needed to get something out. It was either this weekend or Halloween weekend, and they didn't want Halloween. It's a bad weekend for me too, as Saturday I work in the morning, and our scout troop has it's Chilli Dinner that afternoon and evening.

Just saw that Wings of Glory is now on the schedule.

I signed us up for the Friday night flight school. I'm still working on getting time off for Saturday!!!

Hey guys.. I'll probably be out at.. the new Con.. lol.. Hope to see you all there.

Also, I think I am going to try selling off my planes, so .. let me know if you guys might be interested in some.. I think you all know a lot of what I have.. some old, some new, and a bunch of repaints.

Tim, I have those 2 DVIIs set aside in case you still want them..

Hello Everybody!
    Been out for a while, but hoping to get back. I just registered a WOG game for Sat. afternoon.

Cool.. I can't wait to get in a couple games..

Not sure if Beth and I are going to make it down this year because of the date change. We may come down on Saturday if there is a full day scheduled of WOW. Hoping for 3 time slots of WOW on Saturday. We can only make it on Saturday because of work.
    Gunnar you may have another reason for us to make it on Saturday.

I'll keep a light on for ya.. haha

Be good to see you guys..

I see Michael is running a game Sat. 2pm-6pm. Any one else running the 9am slot and the 7pm slot? Beth and I might come down on Saturday but it would be nice if we had another slot (or both) filled.

games can be played in the open areas as long as there is no other games being played..

I am thinking about registering another game for Sat. night. How did you guys like the "Last Flight of the Red Baron" scenario last year? Might try that one again.

That would be great. Any scenario works for me.

Well, I got the work day issue cracked, I don't have to work!!! Now I just have to find out my time slot for the Scout Chilli Dinner, so I know when I will be there!!! Making progress!!!

Beth and I will make it down to Rock-Con on that Saturday only. Rick and Joe might be coming also.

The BARON will be there to prove it was no fluke last year! Joe will not be there, he has baseball. He was looking forward to seeing you gunnar. Bring those DR1's. Hope to see Eric flying longer this year. Looking forward to seeing all of you again.

There will be WoG on Saturday night. Pat Jennings is going to run a game. Take a look on the What Khan website, some of you may recognize the scenario. It will not be the last flight of the Red Baron scenario.

Glad to see word is getting out with the name and date change. I will be tied up Saturday with the Bolt Action Tournament, but look forward to seeing some of you there.

BBSuds or Crashx, Could one of you please bring a city and country mat to What-Khan on Sat? I will most likely need a country mat for Sat. afternoon and a city mat for Sat. night.

Thanks, Mike

I will bring one of each map. We should be down around 9:00am.
    Do you need any planes?

Quote Originally Posted by mav1624 View Post
    The BARON will be there to prove it was no fluke last year! Joe will not be there, he has baseball. He was looking forward to seeing you gunnar. Bring those DR1's. Hope to see Eric flying longer this year. Looking forward to seeing all of you again.

I have them set aside..

Bob, I should be good on planes. Thanks for offering.

Not sure if I will make it over to fly as I am running another tournament all day Saturday, but look forward to seeing it and the friendly faces.

Eric are you and Sue going to make it this Saturday at Rock-Con? If yes,what time will you be there.
    Bob

What time on Saturday is everyone showing up?

Around 9 ish.. maybe earlier.. getting breakfast with a buddy then headed over..

Pat and I had a great time on Sat. Hope everyone else did too!

Beth and I also had a great time Sat.
    Thanks for the two scenarios on Saturday, we enjoyed them both.

Had a great time, wish I could have stayed for the evening fun..

Looks like everyone was having a good time the few times I stopped by. My Bolt Action tournament was a success, bt it kept me out of the pilots seat. Played a great game last night which was my first since last year at ROCKCON. Best part is my daughter played as well and had a great time.

Better planning next year I hope to join you guys again.

Similar Missions

1. I am Back
    By Greywolf in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 07-21-2014, 14:58
  2. WELCOME BACK
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-04-2013, 17:33
  3. They're back
    By johnandtricia in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11