Ares Games

Thread: Call out for a fallen package! rare minis abandoned by USPS! Friend in need!

Exclamation Call out for a fallen package! rare minis abandoned by USPS! Friend in need!

HI all! many of you may have seen my thread that I sell minis from over the years. In all of the 2 years of sending stuff around the world, I have had my first ever packages go missing this month. Both to USA. The first was a balloon busters set that I was able to replace, this new one though is a disaster.
    Its for a fella who was buying the minis for play with his kids, and I know this is asking a lot, but I would like to put the call out, that perhaps we could cobble together something of a replacement if it proves to be gone? You'll see the problem when you read what was in it.. below:

Nieuport 16 Johnson & Prince
    Nieuport 17 Nungessor
    Nieuport 17 Lufbery & Thenault

Me 109 Galland
    Me 109 Balthasar
    Hurricane Bader
    LG.1 Stuka Ju-87B
    Spitfire Alan Wright (starter set)
    F4F4 Wildcat - McWorther
    F4F3 Wildcat - Galer
    Reisen - Kaneko
    Reisen - Seiko

Yikes. It was quite the order.

Now I can't afford to go all out on this, but I do have replacements for the following. Perhaps with other peoples contributions we could gather most of the order back together.
    Nieuport 17 Nungessor (sun faded box but brand new)
    Nieuport 16 Johnson & Prince (new)
    Me 109 Galland (pre-loved in box)
    Reisen - Kaneko (new)

So! Calling all spare, pre loved, forever unused, minimally damaged, and just all round generously winged minis!
    (thank God there were no SE5's in there!)

Oh, thats too bad! My deepest feelings for you and the guy who was going to receive the minis. Unfortunately, my minis dont match those on the list. But i hope this have a solution fast.
    Thanks

Nick

Whoops, i should add, this person who's rare package went missing is a member of this forum with close to 200 posts

Is he active?

4 kids? Let me get my coat to investigate this.

haha if you say 'for' then yes... if you say '4' then ... well I have no idea!

Guys thanks for the sympathy but I'm extremely pleased to report that the missing models have been found!!

Apparently they arrived safe and sound and the box they were in had been squirreled away without anyone mentioning it to me. I'm sure that's never happened to anyone else right?

I don't know if it was my wife, the kids, my elderly mother in law with whom we share our home, or what - but in any event, I thought they'd not arrived yet, sent Evan a message, he sent a tracking number, the tracking number said the models were delivered but of course not knowing they'd arrived I assumed the worst. My suspicions were confirmed (falsely) when I phoned my wife and she indicated not having seen a package.

But, when I got home and started hunting around, lo and behold there it was, atop a couple of other boxes containing our collection of WGF/WGS original boxes. What a relief!!

I've just sent Evan a message apologizing for my absolute kookery here, and thanking him for the tremendous kindness he has displayed in starting this thread.

And now I'm off to play a quick game before bed!!! Can't wait to take Nungesser's N17 for a spin

Thanks all, I will try to find an appropriate way to pay this spirit of kindness forward to this wonderful community.

Steve

Oh!! So its you! Our beloved Surfimp. Im glad to hear you have the minis Steve. Make a good use of them with your kids!
    Thanks

Nick

Hilarious! if it was your kids this comes to mind...
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screen Shot 2014-09-23 at 12.52.25 pm.png 
Views:	49 
Size:	72.7 KB 
ID:	144478

whoops for the false alarm then!
    So, I jumped the gun with this thread clearly but it just sounded like a lost cause.. and these minis had been so difficult to obtain! lol

Or this:
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ilCP0agQ3Uk
    Ps: its in Portuguese, but you will get the message!

LOL,

The postal service expects customers to empty mailboxes every 2-3 days for your security and so that misthrown mail is returned to the mailstream in a timely manor.

I'm a mail carrier, can't tell ya how many times I've received a call about a package delivery missing for several days. My first question: Did you look in your mailbox before you called? Cricket....cricket......cricket......

Longest I've seen a package lost in someones house, about 9 weeks. The wife had brought in the package and layed it in a basket by the door. Someone then threw a bunch of magazines on top of it. They were very honest, and very apologetic when they finally found it.

Remember, your mail carrier is human, a clean mailbox,a wave and a smile, go's a long way in your mail carriers day.

James
    Last edited by James Denberger; 09-22-2014 at 21:02.

Weird story with a happy end.

Wasn't the sending assured?
    Voilà le soleil d'Austerlitz!

The sending was totally assured; I'd ordered from Xen before with absolutely no worries and will be doing so again in the future.

Normally my family is very good about making the arrival of packages known to me; this is really the exception that proves the rule.

In any event, all's well that ends well. We had a fun game with the Nungesser N17 this evening before bedtime. Good times!
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...Dance-of-Death

Good way to finish sad story

I just hate the mail... just hate it...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    I just hate the mail... just hate it...
    Along with the phone company? Everyone hates the phone company.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Along with the phone company? Everyone hates the phone company.
    No... I don't receive miniatures through the phone company... So... I don't hate them. But the mail... I hate the mail... I just hate it...

I've tried to show appreciation to Evan for how he handled this situation by placing another order with him just this morning.

It goes without saying that I'm having it delivered to my workplace!!

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 01:44
  2. USPS misdelivered my package with WoW - help needed
    By nillu in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-26-2012, 11:50
  3. WWI minis for sale, Rare planes
    By STICK in forum Sale/Trade/Wanted Classifieds
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-31-2011, 04:07
  4. Looking to Buy: Rare WWI F-Toys Minis