Ares Games

Thread: Wake Island

Default Wake Island

I watched a show on the History Channel about Wake Island (have seen it before but never thought about a game). Since F-Toys have 1/144 Nell's that would be the first attack on the island from the air and since they also have Wildcats there is the first game. The second air attack had two Japanese carries in the area so now Zero's/Kate's/Val's and Wildcats. Have to work on a game with these planes.

Interesting Bob. Post some pics of the progress.

Have one NELL built and 2 others to build. 2 Wildcats already done and a few others to build. Have to see when I can get the game together. The Wildcats did bomb the first wave of Japanese ships so a "What If" would be that there was a light carrier with the convoy so there would be air cover.

After checking some info for a What If game there could be a seaplane tender with ALF's so that would give a bit more air combat. F-Toys 14 has the ALF but I hate building the biplanes.

Default Map of Wake

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    I watched a show on the History Channel about Wake Island (have seen it before but never thought about a game). Since F-Toys have 1/144 Nell's that would be the first attack on the island from the air and since they also have Wildcats there is the first game. The second air attack had two Japanese carries in the area so now Zero's/Kate's/Val's and Wildcats. Have to work on a game with these planes.
    I do like the sound of this game and think I could be tempted to have a go so see attached map it may be of use?

Regards Kev
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wake Island.jpg  

Nice map to use for the game when I get it together. I hope the dealer that has F-Toys is at Fall In so I can get a few more Nell's. 6 would be a nice number.

Morning Bob
    I hope you manage to get the aircraft you need please keep me posted as to the numbers required because the more I read this sounds like a really good ''What if'' game.

Regards Kev

Similar Missions

1. Wake Island Event 1566 Origins 2013
    By Kermit in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 10-02-2014, 14:24
  2. NZ North Island Activity?
    By clipper1801 in forum New Zealand Wing
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-01-2013, 15:05
  3. A Wake in the Bar.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing