Ares Games

View Poll Results: What Paint Scheme Should I do?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sopwith Snipe E6351, GS Sapozhnikov, 1st Soviet Fighter Aviaotryad, 1920 (5 Victories)

14 43.75%
  • Snipe E6544, 17 Sqn, Hawkinge, 1924

5 15.63%
  • Sopwith Snipe E6964, 56 Sqn, Hawkinge, 1923

5 15.63%
  • Sopwith Snipe E8198 U, C Flight 4 Sqn AFC, Bickendorf, January - February 1919

1 3.13%
  • Sopwith Snipe F2367 1-2, B Flight 70 Sqn, Bickendorf, March - April 1919

7 21.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help me choose the colour scheme!

There's certain theory that some of communists during Soviet Revolution were satanists and even used such symbols. True or not, I'll not be judge of that, but some airplanes are interesting:

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Markings/n..._aircraft.html

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Пилот View Post
    There's certain theory that some of communists during Soviet Revolution were satanists and even used such symbols. True or not, I'll not be judge of that, but some airplanes are interesting:

http://vvs.hobbyvista.com/Markings/n..._aircraft.html
    Some fascinating profiles there. Thank you.

I've never heard of the satanist theory before, but I can tell you that there was a huge spiritualist movement across Europe during and after WWI as people looked for a release from not knowing if their fathers, husbands or sons were dead or not, or to seek if they were at peace in the after life.

This was dubbed as devil worship (Satanism) by the Roman Catholic Church as well as other denominations as it was pulling membership away as many believed God had failed them.

Also the vilification of communism was to play in to this as well as the Unions in the UK were becoming stronger, especially in the coal mining communities of Wales and the North of England.

I must admit that many of the Propaganda images of Stalin seem to have influenced imagery of Lucifer!

Some of early revolutionary theorists were prone to it. One of the strongest examples is (although anarchist) Bakunin - he wrote "Satan is first free thinker and world saver etc." Anarchists were Black Army during Soviet Revolutionary War. I don't no much about Sapozhnikov's ideology, but, maybe black stars are sign that in some measure he was keen to anarchism.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Missions

1. WGF Halberstadt CL.II colour scheme.
    By gully_raker in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 09-22-2013, 16:07
  2. An alternate colour scheme for a FE2b.
    By gully_raker in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-16-2012, 02:19
  3. Gotha G.V colour scheme
    By Burt in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 02-18-2012, 03:43
  4. What kind of color scheme of plane would YOU choose?
    By Nightbomber in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2011, 18:31
  5. Colour Scheme
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-18-2010, 11:53