Ares Games

Thread: WANT

Im taking 3!

Smile

Naaar! Too modern for me! Any SE 5a's of Fokkers on offer?

Nah, it's second hand.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

You are so wrong, this is not want, it is a NEED! Get a better psychologist!

You might find the card deck is a bit long.

Chris, have any idea what the requirements to get the various ratings for that are? I'll bet none of us could pass the Medical... then again, if today's FAA had existed in 1903 railroads would still be the dominant mode of transport.

Not to mention the fuel costs, replacing engines when they time out, MiG-qualified mechanics... "A plane is a hole in the air you pour money into." LOL

I have a feeling that this is one of those "If you have to ask how much it costs..." type of scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    I have a feeling that this is one of those "If you have to ask how much it costs..." type of scenarios?
    I think its more a case of ...if you have to ask, you can't afford it!

Think it should not fit into my briefcase...
    By the way, Slovaks have some of these old birds just for exhibitions, so if you want it only for your garden, contact them

This is where the real drain starts.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images9VFYNHTP.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	8.2 KB 
ID:	142255
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Let's put it this way, for just a single-engine prop like a Cessna 152 or 172 or the various LSA's, you can figure a starting annual cost of $10,000 in fuel, parts and maintenance. That's an AWFUL big hit to the WGF/WGS budget... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Chris, have any idea what the requirements to get the various ratings for that are? I'll bet none of us could pass the Medical...
    Actually, once I get my eyesight fixed....

In your case I was thinking the PSYCH EVAL. :P

You guys are so demanding. I would be completely happy with almost anything from this page

Naw, I just want something that could fit me, my gal, our laptops and reasonable baggage for a week, and enough fuel to go a reasonable distance between stops... preferably without going over the 1320# limit that some pus-sucking bureaucratic crapsack idiot at FAA pulled out of their butthole as the limit for "Light Sport driver's-license medical."

The insurance on vintage aircraft will be very steep, also.

Do air forces bother to insure their aircraft or is it cheaper just to accept losses? I know of a county council, which said it was cheaper not to insure their buildings.

Who needs insurance when you've got taxpayers?