Ares Games

Thread: Bloody hells bells, just got shot down....to the bar!

Default Bloody hells bells, just got shot down....to the bar!

Well chaps I got shot down good and proper, nosed dived in to the ground at speed but some how manged to walk away from it... well limp a little.

The Ace? A bloody cat, who had the good grace to stick around so I could make sure it was ok..... which it was and seemed more interested in if I had any food.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	__.jpg 
Views:	46 
Size:	200.4 KB 
ID:	142177

Name:	_asa_.jpg 
Views:	47 
Size:	174.3 KB 
ID:	142178

to cut a long story short I race Pro for Champion Systems Japan when I'm not playing Wings

Ouch!
    A couple of my friends have gotten nasty broken bones from similar. Glad you made it out okay.

John, i lost a friend this year in a crash at a Japan Pro Tour race this year. I'm one of the lucky ones that got taught how to crash as a junior many years ago.

Glad you managed to walk away from such a CATastrophic crash landing....
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

As they say, A good landing is one you can walk away from.

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    I'm one of the lucky ones that got taught how to crash as a junior many years ago.
    Training always pays off!
    Glad you're OK, James.

That Lucky Git ace skill pays off over and over again. Glad to hear you escaped anything major. I've never raced but have had a couple dings in my day of riding.

Peter, only 9 times though apparently!

I've got some pretty horrific pics of crashes that I didn't walk away from, last season I won a Pro Cyclocross race with a double fracture to my medial tibia after coming down hard on a corner. I knew something was up but the blood was up and I picked the bike up and kept going. My doctor couldn't beleive that I was able to walk let alone get back on the bike and finish final two laps and win.

Pilots please look out for this low flying cat.
    Reported to be armed and dangerous.

Name:	imagesKXKYRAGI.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	142182
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

You draw a Bang! card, James, but Neil rolled good dice for your after-combat report!
    I hope everything is well with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    You draw a Bang! card, James, but Neil rolled good dice for your after-combat report!
    I hope everything is well with you!
    As long as you can get back across enemy lines and not miss a mission I guess its a good day!

Yeah all good, my own Edith Cavell came to the rescue!

Oh, shot down at the Bar, sounds like a western to me.

As PO James approached the pitching deck a gust of wind caught his aircraft and lifted it a full 10 feet in the air before deserting James at a crucial moment. He landed on the deck with a sickening thud and his undercarriage gave way, spilling his stricken craft across the carriers rolling deck. Gathering his thoughts he climbed out of the cockpit seat and to his dismay realised he had just missed the squadrons lucky cat, who had strayed onto the deck as he came into land. If that gust of wind hadn't lifted him up he would have killed their lucky mascot for sure. However, cat safe, James safe and an undercarriage that with a little TLC and some of Uncle Sams readies, would be repaired as good as new.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Uh!! Thats not good. But think on the bright side: imagine a person falling with a bike from a hill... Thats me!!

James, did your cat look like the one in this cartoon?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulring View Post
    James, did your cat look like the one in this cartoon?
    Poor dog...

Yikes ! glad you're ok James, hope you don't have to pay for that wheel - looks expensive !

James I hope all is good with you after such a crash. I know what the roads are like in Japan (5 years on Okinawa) so glad you were able to post a photo of your accident.

Smile

So glad that was not so much worse James.
    I have a healthy regard for bikes & I always think of Mark Webber our ex F1 driver who suffered a number of bike crashes that caused more injury than anything he got from a racecar crash.
    Only a few weeks ago Toto Wolf the Mercedes team chief suffered bad injuries from a bike crash whilst team members were out enjoying a mornings bike ride.
    Who said Motor Racing was dangerous.

Glad to hear you walked away from this one James

Similar Missions

1. Shot Down in route~
    By P-51D in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 08:05
  2. WW2 bombers being shot down
    By Linz in forum WGS: Historical Discussions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-08-2012, 15:00
  3. 1st plane shot down