Ares Games

Thread: First real solo dogfight

Users Country Flag

Name
    Stephen
    Sorties Flown

Default First real solo dogfight

Did my first solo dogfight today Fokker vs camel, worked out alright I played the camel solo'd the Fokker we both got some shots off at the first pass , a bit of fly in circles and then I managed to get some more shots off, I got back into position and fired of shots at close range finishing the Fokker off.
    For a solo experience I really enjoyed it Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	169.9 KB 
ID:	142137
    Looking forward to my next solo flight

Your first solo dogfight experience sounds much like mine (well, I used WII planes). It is fun and a good "hold over" between times when I can gather players together.

Flying solo againse the 'machine' can be really challenging. I love it. I'll fly 2 on 3, 3 on 3, 3 on 4 and usually get beaten. Playing the OTT solo scenarios is a blast.

Play with AI is great! Usually I dont have anyone to play with so i play solo. Richard Bradley's solo rules are pretty good, but for WWII i recommend Joaquim's rules. Bradley's rules are good, but i think that the Universal Diceless Solo Chart is more effective.
    Thanks

Nick

I have played WW1 solo many many times and love it. I only recently played WW2 for the first time. I printed Joaquim's new WW2 system and hope to try it out soon.

Glad the fight went O.K. Stephen.
    As you get into it more you will be able to take pictures at the crucial moments in the action to illustrate your commentary.
    Well done.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

LOOP

I must take a better look at these solofighting-systems. Never tryed them but as I mostly play against myself in lack of players it would be more fun to play a game where you don't know what
    your oponent are going. Well I try to play as fair and honest I can but in a some situations it's hard not to make that right turn when you know what cards the other AC have layed down.

LOOP

Recently I played three Snipes against three DVII. It ended with three three explosions, three Snipes down. May have ended different with some sort of AI guiding one side.

Frankly speaking I do not like 1v1 duels. They tend to be pure luck shows...

Drawing damage from decks makes it all pure luck Rafal, good flying isn't always rewarded with good damage cards. 0,0 !!

Similar Missions

1. Attention SoG Players - Solo Rules and Solo Campaign
    By 7eat51 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 09:46
  2. Solo Pacific Dogfight with Richard Bradley Rules
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 04:01
  3. My Birthday Too (the real one )
    By itchy in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 17