Ares Games

Thread: Sopwith Triplane damage deck

stringfly

Default Sopwith Triplane damage deck

Newbie here. Just starting and learning to play. Have a Sopwith Triplane and card says B damage deck. I have two dual packs and the Wings of War Famous Aces set but no B damage cards. Where do those come from ? Thanks for any help.

Stringfly <>+++++

They are from the Rules and Accessories Pack by Ares, where you can find the A, B, C and D deck. Or you can buy the Watch Your Back! set that includes the B deck. Welcome to the 'drome Park!
    Thanks

Nick

stringfly

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    They are from the Rules and Accessories Pack by Ares, where you can find the A, B, C and D deck. Or you can buy the Watch Your Back! set that includes the B deck. Welcome to the 'drome Park!
    Thanks

Nick
    Thanks a bunch. Will try to find them.

New here but was wondering about using some flat cloud markers (just some cut out white cardboard) as a kinda of a hiding area where you can't be seen and enemy can't see you and so can't shoot. We tried it and it worked well for our first few games. Sure its been done but added nicely to the easy game.

Stringfly <>+++++

Its a great addition to the game. You can find files here or at BGG for rules and even the cloud, so that you can print.
    Thanks

Nick

Yes the RAP has A, B, C, and D decks. But I thought the Famous Aces had the same and the WYB set had E, F, G, and H. Is that wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Thanks

Nick
    Great answer.

Hi Prymus,
    Damage decks, not manouver decks

Quote Originally Posted by stringfly View Post
    Thanks a bunch. Will try to find them.

New here but was wondering about using some flat cloud markers (just some cut out white cardboard) as a kinda of a hiding area where you can't be seen and enemy can't see you and so can't shoot. We tried it and it worked well for our first few games. Sure its been done but added nicely to the easy game.

Stringfly <>+++++
    For clouds with attitude (sorry altitude) see here Park.

http://www.aerodromeaccessories.com/...ry/clouds.html

Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Welcome to the Drome, Park, from Middlesex in the U.K.

This is how I use clouds:-

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...parting+clouds

The 'B' damage deck can also be found in "Burning Drachens" and "Flight of the Giants" box sets

stringfly

Default cloud info

Thank you all very much for the cloud info. Will get some. Any nice ones you can print out ?
    Friendly bunch here. Being new appreciate all the great help and advice. Sure like this game. My friend and I are having a blast !!!

Stringfly <>++++

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Park. It is good to here that you and your friend are enjoying the game so much. Do feel free to ask more questions; you will find everyone here is friendly and helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    Yes the RAP has A, B, C, and D decks. But I thought the Famous Aces had the same and the WYB set had E, F, G, and H. Is that wrong?
    The Famous Aces have fighters, you know, Tripes, Dr.I, Camels, etc. They use A, B, C, D deck and the A damage deck. Watch Your Back, as far as i know, come with dome more fighters, two seaters, etc. I dont have it, so i dont know whats in the box. But from BGG images, i can say that it come with E, F, G, H decks (?) and B damage deck.
    Thanks

Nick

Quote Originally Posted by prymus View Post
    The Famous Aces have fighters, you know, Tripes, Dr.I, Camels, etc. They use A, B, C, D deck and the A damage deck. Watch Your Back, as far as i know, come with dome more fighters, two seaters, etc. I dont have it, so i dont know whats in the box. But from BGG images, i can say that it come with E, F, G, H decks (?) and B damage deck.
    Thanks

Nick

Welcome to the drome Park. For clouds I just cut out poster board and put some cotton on top, or pillow stuffing. I'll spend my money on planes!
    Look at this for some cloud ideas in pillow stuffing.

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...n-9-April-1916

The later photos are jus pillow stuffing. I think they make great clouds.

stringfly

WOW !.... wonderful fog and cloud effects. Just great pictures. Thanks

Stringfly <>+++++

Glad you liked it. The fog was done with triple exposures.

For playing with clouds I cut out a piece of poster board and put cotton/stuffing on top. That way when the planes fly into it the topping can be moved and allow the plane to wander around in the cloud.
    Lots of ways you can play clouds. There are quite a few you an find on the site.

Quote Originally Posted by stringfly View Post
    Newbie here. Just starting and learning to play. Have a Sopwith Triplane and card says B damage deck. I have two dual packs and the Wings of War Famous Aces set but no B damage cards. Where do those come from ? Thanks for any help.
    One tip I've read elsewhere: you can use the A deck and divide the value by two, rounding up, and approximate the B deck reasonably well for basic damage values. However, special damages frequency are a bit different in the B deck (fire and smoke are slightly more likely), but this isn't really a game breaker.

In any event maybe this will help you get the Triplane airborne while you wait for the appropriate box set to arrive

B deck consists of:

0 x 13 cards
    0 (green jam) x 2 cards
    0 (red jam) x 2 cards
    1 x 5 cards
    1 (green jam) x 1 card
    1 (red jam) x 1 card
    1 (rudder, left) x 1 card
    1 (rudder, right) x 1 card
    1 (fire) x 1 card
    1 (smoke) x 1 card
    1 (pilot) x 1 card