Ares Games

Thread: Trenchline

Default Trenchline

I'm finding my NML looks to habitable, any tips on sprucing up my ares maps?
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers Si.

Smile

G'day Si!
    Well I suppose you could try inking in some Zig Zag Trenches.
    However the new mats are really more WW2 scenery to my eyes.
    There are WW1 trench mats available from a number of private suppliers. Try a Forum search for WW1 trench mats.

One of the other lads might be able to give you a link.

Neil did me a smashing NML. on Foam Board, about 300mm wide to just slip in between the two map mats. He just greened up the edges and petered out the road systems, rivers etc. to match in with the existing features on the mats.
    It also has the advantage that you can put it at the extreme end of the table, for those deeper missions into enemy territory like bombing raids or Aerodrome strafing.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted_terrain View Post
    I'm finding my NML looks to habitable, any tips on sprucing up my ares maps?
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers Si.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	NMLTrencline.jpg 
Views:	44 
Size:	32.1 KB 
ID:	148318
    I created a NML map using green funky foam as the base and vinyl inkjet printed paper as the top layer.
    It's worked great but I made the images as I went along. I made a series of A4 images and printed them out as I went along.
    What I should have done is made one long giant image and split it into A4 images.
    This would make the edges line up better and give more variation.
    I was going to redo them but modelling is taking up my time instead.

If you're OK with image editing, pm me and I'll email you my original images.
    But, be warned, you will need to do some work to make them usable.
    The good thing is once the work is done, I'm happy with the resulting images to be posted on this forum for others to share and I'm happy to share the credit.

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    However the new mats are really more WW2 scenery to my eyes.
    I'm with you on that one Barry, maybe if the maps were B&W with a sepia tone?

Sorry I've taken so long to respond, I lost this thread. ☺️

That's the kinda thing I was after Rob & Nicola, sadly since getting out of an office job, I no longer have the image manipulation skills or the time to suss it out.
    Cheers for all your help.
    Si.