Ares Games

Thread: Duplicate postings

Lightbulb Duplicate postings

I've noticed that the number of duplicate postings has increased over the last few days. probably due to the issues the server is having.
    If you wish to be neat, and delete your duplicate post, just go to the edit button on that post, then in edit mode, click on "go advanced". At the top of the screen will be a square to click on for " Delete this post in the following manner". Click that to "check" it , and then on the right will be a tab for "Delete Post". Click that, and the entire duplicate will be gone.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Thanks Karl, this should help.

Repeat please - I've become used to reading things twice!

To be sure, to be sure
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

deja vu, deja vu.
    Rob, Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Don't work with iPad, no box to check for deleting

Banned

Blog Entries
    Name
    [CLASSIFIED]
    Sorties Flown

I have come across this a few times now. Fortunately in most instances I have been able to delete the repeat (accidental) posting. In the event of being unable to do so I just write DUPLICATE POSTING and leave it at that.

Happens Most Often When: Upon clicking upon Post Quick Reply I get a message on screen from Windows saying Do I Want To Leave or Stay On the Page? This applies to Windows Vista.

If I choose to Stay On The Page then exit another way my posting appears normally according to the What's New? section. If I Leave The Page the posting does not appear ... Causing me to go back and re-post being unable to see it. This results for some reason in postings appearing twice. Just to let everyone know about this as it has not appeared in this thread yet.

It happens to us all at times.
    If you make a duplicate posting by accident twice in quick succession it picks it up and informs you, but if a few minutes elapse it will duplicate the post. when ever I come across one I just delete one of the entries for you so don't worry. It does help if like Barney you indicate that it is in fact a double post. That makes it easier to spot.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

It has happened to me frequently over the last couple of days, but I think I managed to get them all

Quote Originally Posted by Aussietonka View Post
    Happens Most Often When: Upon clicking upon Post Quick Reply I get a message on screen from Windows saying Do I Want To Leave or Stay On the Page? This applies to Windows Vista.

If I choose to Stay On The Page then exit another way my posting appears normally according to the What's New? section. If I Leave The Page the posting does not appear ... Causing me to go back and re-post being unable to see it. This results for some reason in postings appearing twice. Just to let everyone know about this as it has not appeared in this thread yet.
    If I get the Leave or Stay message, I hit Stay, then hit Go Advanced (it will ask again about Stay or Go, and then I hit Go), and submit the posting that way.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus