Ares Games

Thread: Star Fort Miniatures Playing Aid

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

Default Star Fort Miniatures Playing Aid

I recently discovered that Star Fort Miniatures is selling a set of movement templates that replace the traditional Maneuver Deck cards found in the game.

Name:  Aid.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  112.6 KB

I have sent an email to this shop for more information to see if these templates are still available for sale and if they have additional sets of templates since the current set only covers Deck A.

Have any players used these templates or had any dealings with Star Fort Miniatures in the UK?

Thank you in advance for any help.

P.S.
    I did a search in the forum for Star Fort Miniatures, and this template, but I did not find any hits.
    Last edited by Kenji; 08-27-2014 at 17:08.

These have shown up before, but it appears the original seller (lostforwords01) may have disappeared.

Previous threads can be found here:
    What is your opinion onthese
    New unofficial Movement Templates

There were more sets, but they are probably not in production any more, and no new deck types coming.

All the previously available decks are on this page of their eShop: Wings Of Glory Aids
    Last edited by OldGuy59; 08-27-2014 at 20:06. Reason: eShop link
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by Kenji View Post
    I recently discovered that Star Fort Miniatures is selling a set of movement templates that replace the traditional Maneuver Deck cards found in the game.

Name:  Aid.jpg
Views: 295
Size:  112.6 KB

I have sent an email to this shop for more information to see if these templates are still available for sale and if they have additional sets of templates since the current set only covers Deck A.

Have any players used these templates or had any dealings with Star Fort Miniatures in the UK?

Thank you in advance for any help.

P.S.
    I did a search in the forum for Star Fort Miniatures, and this template, but I did not find any hits.

i could see a benefit to these but i think itd be a logistical and storage nightmare considering how many decks there are.

I never heard of these. But honestly, i prefer the cards, as I see some things that bother me in those templates.
    Thanks

Nick

I never heard of these. But honestly, i prefer the cards, as I see some things that bother me in those templates.
    Thanks

Nick

I saw the previous post, but personaly I am staying with the cards as I do not think they do anything to enhance the game.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    i could see a benefit to these but i think itd be a logistical and storage nightmare considering how many decks there are.
    You wouldn't need one for every deck on the table, you'd just need one for every type/length of manoeuvre as many decks share the same moves - Zoe actually calculated how many but I can't recall the final number. Very precise but too clunky for my liking and hard to use when it gets tight I should think.

Quote Originally Posted by milcoll73 View Post
    You wouldn't need one for every deck on the table, you'd just need one for every type/length of manoeuvre as many decks share the same moves - Zoe actually calculated how many but I can't recall the final number. Very precise but too clunky for my liking and hard to use when it gets tight I should think.

I got a few of these templates, although to be honest haven't actually used one yet.
    Great idea to stop encroaching players, but on the down side if you start using it looks like you not trusting .
    I was going to get more put as has been mentioned, the original seller disappeared off eBay

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

Thanks to everyone for the input, it is much appreciated.

I bought the 'L' set from ebay, but have not yet used it.

Users Country Flag

Name
    David
    Sorties Flown

I'm kind of mixed on these. They look nice, but, like other have brought up, they seem like too much of a hassle considering the number of different decks already available. Even with duplicate maneuvers, you would need most likely need multiple sets just to deal with multiple planes being used. This is in addition to a set of templates for any large base plane you are piloting in the game.

While I have not played either Wings of Glory games yet, I have played Sails of Glory which use the card maneuvering system and have no problem with the card usage.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

FYI.

Shortly after I started this thread I received this follow-up message from the template seller:

Colin Earp:
    Hello, sorry for the delay in replying I was away yesterday so couldn't get back to you. Our site is http://starfortminiatures.co.uk and we do templates for all the wings of war manoeuvre decks. So that's A - U plus a single set for the bombers (XA-XD). I'll update the website today as we've changed from the old MDF to the new plastic white coated MDF, (which is possibly the one you had). New pictures will be added showing these. Hope that helps and if you have any questions please message.

If it weren't for the cost I would be sorely tempted by these. I played Star Wars once and it uses movement templates and I found that the extra weight and the ability to press hard on them to keep them in place which was a great convenience with my shaky hands.

Similar Missions

1. Replies: 51
    Last Post: 06-05-2015, 06:06
  2. A day out at Fort George
    By Gaz67 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 10-20-2014, 03:53
  3. Ohio: Game Day at Fort Meigs
    By Skullduggery in forum US Wing
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-29-2013, 03:00
  4. Gameday at Fort Meigs