Ares Games

Thread: Salute

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

Default Salute

New rookie pilot reporting for duty.

I have just started getting into the system and will focus on WW1 first and eventually expand into WW2.

The Aerodrome is a wonderful forum and I hope to learn more about the game shortly.

Thank you all.

Signing off from Toronto, Ontario, Canada.

Hello Kenji and welcome from Germany! I agree the forum is a very good place and there is a lot of knowledge here about the game and beyond :-)

Hey, Kenji!
    Lots of players in the Toronto area, check the Role Call 2013 thread for a list. Not all of them are active on the forum, but a few of them are.

Welcome, and hope you have fun.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Kenji.

welcome to the aerodrome kenji !!!!

Welcome to the Drome mate!
    Browse around and enjoy.

Welcome Kenji, from Middlesex in the U.K.

On behalf of the Squadrons based here in Dear old Blighty, welcome to the Drome Kenji.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

I would like to thank everyone for such a warm welcome!

Be warned though, when Ares eventually release Zeros I will be the terror of the skies (I hope anyway lol).

Does anyone have any rumours as to if and when Ares will release Zeros?

They already have but are next to impossible to find unless you go ebay. If you like to paint then AIM Armaments in Miniature has what you want. http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kenji
    Sorties Flown

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    They already have but are next to impossible to find unless you go ebay. If you like to paint then AIM Armaments in Miniature has what you want. http://www.angelfire.com/nj4/armamen.../resin09mm.htm
    Thank you for your suggestion Peter!

At the moment I am concentrating on WGF so I have a bit of time before I get into WGS and the require the need for Zeroes.

And I would also want F4F Wildcats and Thunderblots!

I will keep my eye open in the meanwhile.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Kenji, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom.

Hi Kenji - welcome from Tunbridge Wells here in the UK

Hello Pilots!

I am addressing an omission by not saying hello as suggested by OldGuy59

I am a retiree that has returned to wargaming now that I have the time. I have invested in the following Ares Games since late 2014:

Wings Of Glory WW1 - Both Duel Packs, Rules & Accessories Set, plus about 12 additional planes

Wings Of Glory WW2 - Rules & Accessories Set plus 5 planes

Sails Of Glory - Starter Set plus 2 ships

To help me learn the rules, and gain more game experience, I have been using the Richard Bradley solo rules and the new WGS solo system created by Blackronin & OldGuy59. I'm looking forward to trying the WGF solo system once that is released too.

Thank you all!

P.S.
    Sorry for the threadjack Kenji! I originally thought this was a general Ontario introduction thread.

Welcome to the 'Drome Colby (and Kenji)!

Colby!

Welcome aboard, my man! And you could have started your own thread, but this is good, too. It will ping a fellow Torontonian, and all the others who passed on their greetings.

Hope to see you posting AARs, with Solo rules and Live pilots.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome to the Drome from Cape Cod.

Hi Kenji and Colby; good to have you aboard.
    I'm active from time-to-time on the site like many, but mostly I'm a gamer rather than a history buff or detailed modeller. I play with my Family & Friends gaming group and also enjoy PBeM games a few times a year.
    I've got 150 WWI aircraft; a mix of store-bought (Ares) from my Local Gaming Store (LGS) and home-made; ya gotta try the gimbal mounts sold on the site.
    I tend to use the help available on the site (in the files or from the friendly and expert members) when I run into something new/different/puzzling. The guys and gals here are great.
    Hope to see ya around the site.
    Bruce

Quote Originally Posted by colby_bimore View Post
    Hello Pilots!

I am addressing an omission by not saying hello as suggested by OldGuy59

I am a retiree that has returned to wargaming now that I have the time. I have invested in the following Ares Games since late 2014:

Wings Of Glory WW1 - Both Duel Packs, Rules & Accessories Set, plus about 12 additional planes

Wings Of Glory WW2 - Rules & Accessories Set plus 5 planes

Sails Of Glory - Starter Set plus 2 ships

To help me learn the rules, and gain more game experience, I have been using the Richard Bradley solo rules and the new WGS solo system created by Blackronin & OldGuy59. I'm looking forward to trying the WGF solo system once that is released too.

Thank you all!

P.S.
    Sorry for the threadjack Kenji! I originally thought this was a general Ontario introduction thread.

welcome to the drome colby!!!!!

I'm sure that Kenji won't mind too much if we welcome you on his thread Colby.
    Finding out where to make your posts is half the fun. as the Drome has expanded, it is increasingly easy to post in the wrong thread or Forum.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Similar Missions

1. Salute 2014
    By Mickowenuk in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 05-16-2014, 04:37
  2. Medals for Salute.
    By Flying Officer Kyte in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-24-2014, 09:25
  3. Anyone going to Salute tomorrow?
    By Guntruck in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 13