Ares Games

Thread: New recruit HotleadColdfeet reporting for duty!

Default New recruit HotleadColdfeet reporting for duty!

Hello all!

My first day on assignment with the US Wing. Could some of the squadron veterans tell me how this forum works and what goes on here? And also, what are my responsibilities as a pilot?

Salute!
    HotleadColdfeet

Welcome to the 'drome Cole! I dont think im the most recommended person to answer your questions. Wait for answers by Eric (7eat51), Flying Officer Kyte (Rob) and others.
    Thanks

Nick

Cole,
    Welcome to the forum from Vancouver Island.

Watch and learn? There is lots to read, plenty of How-tos, files for enhancing the game, history of planes and pilots. It depends on what you wish to do, or what you want from the community. Lots of friendly people here willing to help a pilot stretch his wings.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Welcome from sunny Southern California, Cole! Glad you found your way over from the RoF forum.

Great group of people here! In my short time around these parts, my impressions of the main activities of the forum: discussing the game, sharing after action reports, talking about hobby aspects (repaints, custom models, etc) and general tomfoolery and many references to "G&Ts" in the Officers Club.

All in all a good time with a very friendly group of people. I'm sure you'll fit in just fine.

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Cole, from here near Norwich in the United Kingdom. Have a look around the site. There are sections about playing the game, model building, about aircraft in general, quizzes, jokes etc.. Feel free to ask questions and join discussions as you wish. There is a 'Search' facility in the top right hand corner, if you wish to find something specific. People are very friendly here.

Welcome Cole, from Middlesex in the U.K.

Basically, what they said!

Have fun!

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Cole!

Hi Cole, welcome from England.
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Welcome from Cape Cod. Have fun expolring the site, lots of fantastic info/scenarios/home rules to enhance your enjoyment of the game. Loads of great folks here always willing to help.

Thank you all for the kind welcome; I look forward to being a part of your forum! This thread I started on the Rise of Flight forum has pictures of 3 Wings of War/Glory miniatures I repainted if you're all interested. Just look for posts by HotleadColdfeet.
    http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewto...?f=380&t=41276

BTW, I noticed I am not allowed access to my profile tab and plenty of other pages. Will I be granted access to them soon? I was looking forward to editing my Aerodrome profile/avatar/quotes etc.

Exclamation

G'day Cole & welcome to the 'drome on behalf of the pilots who fly in NSW down in Australia.

There are various levels of membership on the forum from basic which is free up to Gold which cost you $5 US per month. Check out the "sticky" on the Home page for Site Rules etc for all the details.
    You should be able to select an Avatar from a small list as a basic member. Go to your Profile page & look down the Boxes on the Left Hand side.
    Our Executive Officer Eric (7eat51) will help you through any difficulties.

Good Luck!

I can't access my profile page nor anyone else's. Does my account need to be activated yet?

As you are speaking with us, i doubt this is about your account activation. Talk with 7eat51, and see if he can solve your problems.
    Thanks

Nick

Ok. I'll have to PM him tomorrow. Thanks again!

welcome to the aerodrome cole !!!

Hello Cole - welcome from Tunbridge Wells here in the UK

On behalf of the Squadrons from the U.K. welcome to the Drome Cole.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Hi Cole welcome from rainy Brittany. Feel free to pull up a chair in the mess and order a drink on my slate.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

captain richard

I'm not a veteran been here about a week or so, but a hardy welcome to you anyways

Welcome to the Aerodrome, Cole. Glad to have you aboard!

Hi Cole, welcome from the cornfields!