Ares Games

Thread: Font Required for Jasta 5 Rumey

Default Font Required for Jasta 5 Rumey

I'm in the processes of painting up my Albatros D.V for Jasta 5 and I have now moved in to the "No Decal" zone. I need the font or a high resolution image of the lettering for the R on Fritz Rumey's aircraft.

Many thanks!

Have a look at eBay 1/144 direct, his German aces decals has Rumney, well the face, can't remember about the letter.
    Be worth a look though

Chris, just had a look and couldn't see it... nothing showing up in the search either.

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Have a look at eBay 1/144 direct, his German aces decals has Rumney, well the face, can't remember about the letter.
    Be worth a look though
    I did Rumey with that decal set the r is there

James, go to Mehusla Decals > WW1 in the 144 Direct ebay store and look for 'German & Austro-Hungarian Aces.' There are two options; one is for Werner Voss's Albatros D.III and Fokker Dr.1, and the other includes Fritz Rumey. The site shows more than 10 still available.

this is the kite I'm building:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rum3.jpg 
Views:	48 
Size:	69.6 KB 
ID:	141367

That is a fun one to paint, check my albums to look at mine. If you like

That's the one I avoided doing.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

It seems there are several variants of this scheme, some with the same lines running along the fuselage, some more like zebra, some just stripes. Some wheels are black on one side white on the other, some Ying and Yang....... the list goes on... So I thought I would just go for the most outrageous.

This is how she is looking so far:

Name:	DSC_0359.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	49.8 KB 
ID:	141493

Name:	DSC_0360.jpg 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	141494

Name:	DSC_0361.jpg 
Size:	39.1 KB 
ID:	141495

Name:	DSC_0362.jpg 
Size:	40.3 KB 
ID:	141496

Quote Originally Posted by FarEast View Post
    Chris, just had a look and couldn't see it... nothing showing up in the search either.
    It's set YK-26. 1/144 Decals WoG & Shapeways WW1 Fighter Aces - German and Austro Hungarian

Coming on well James.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Wow, looking good, James. I don't know if I'm brave enough to do this one
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Karl, many thanks. I really should stop using the Macro lens and flash as she looks even better with the naked eye.

Karl, many thanks. I really should stop using the Macro lens and flash as she looks even better with the naked eye.
    Looking good James. I have the same photographing problem. Seems the photos show too much detail, or the way it pixelates? Looking at them for real they look much better.
    Can't wait to see this one finished.

Looking good James. I have the same photographing problem. Seems the photos show too much detail, or the way it pixelates? Looking at them for real they look much better.
    Can't wait to see this one finished.

Nice job , will look great when shooting down Camels

Looks outstanding James. Just ordered a couple boxes of the Valom kits, looking forward to doing this one myself. The kits should help with paint schemes such a this one imo.

William I suggest getting a 0.5mm drill you'll need it for making the struts "game safe" as the models are to delicate to survive constant gaming.

Similar Missions

1. National: Font
    By MikiSavo in forum Italian Wing
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-12-2014, 10:46
  2. Typeface (font) for new products
    By sparty in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-07-2012, 12:07
  3. WGF Fritz Rumey
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 8