Ares Games

Thread: The addiction has started

disposingjayce

Default The addiction has started

Hi all,
    Well I found this game a few weeks back and thought it would be fun to try out so I picked up a duel pack. (like that is really going to cut it after you play this game once.) So now I've picked up the other duel pack, a Fokker D.VII (Stark), a Sopwith Camel (Stackard), and a Wings Of Glory: City Game Mat. I'm planning on getting the WW1 advanced rules and accessories off amazon when it's back in stock and maybe a few bombers. Think i'm off to a pretty good start, but my wife is going to kill me lol.

Welcome to the addiction... er...I mean, collecting.

12-7 games has the rules for under $20 and great prices on planes.

disposingjayce

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Welcome to the addiction... er...I mean, collecting.

12-7 games has the rules for under $20 and great prices on planes.
    Thank you, just picked it up.

Run, get away while you still can..... hurry THEY are coming!

Welcome Jason! I've been playing with my sons and another local player for about 6 months now and we've had well over a hundred (maybe 200?) games at this point. Collecting the minis is fun and the game overall will really encourage you to study and learn new things about world history. Surely there are far worse things you could be spending your money on!!

disposingjayce

Thanks Steve, I've always been kind of a history buff and my wife knows this so she's been cutting me some slack. I saw your web page earlier today about Thursday nights at the coffee shop. I'm going to have to look for a get together like that around here. Most the game shops I know of focus mainly on Magic and pretty much nothing else.

Check to see if there are any board game groups in your area - that's how I connected with a local WGF player, as I too found the local game / comic book stores focused on other games.

If nothing exists - consider putting together a small web page, or starting a Meetup, or whatever. In a city as large as Tampa, you can't be the only one!!

Welcome again, and have fun, there's a great group of people here on this forum!

Jason,
    This site is not the place to come to help with your situation. Everyone here is an enabler. Read my profile for how hard I fell to this addiction.

So bad, I haven't even looked for WoGs-Annonymous. All the enablers are sooo smooth talking and seductive, cleverly disguised as buddies and pals, willing to "help" with any "problem" you might have that would interfere with your recovery. Sadly, I'm one of them.

You are welcome, but that may not be a good thing.
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Quote Originally Posted by OldGuy59 View Post
    Jason,
    This site is not the place to come to help with your situation. Everyone here is an enabler. Read my profile for how hard I fell to this addiction.
    It's always just: one. more. plane. Isn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    That is just stage one, stage two is the all 3 of each kind, stage three is all the latest release at once, stage four is looking for a bigger house to store your collection in, stage five is giving up food for minis, stage six is a 12 step program, stage seven is running your own 12 step group, stage eight is entering WWII, stage nine is a sad repeat of one through six for WWII, stage ten is . . . enjoy the madness!

Quote Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
    One?! If only. Now it is whole flights, soon to be squadrons, at a time!

PS: If Zeppelins weren't so big, I'd have sneaked one or more past SWMBO. Still working on where to hide it so she can't find it...
    Mike
    "Flying is learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss" Douglas Adams
    "Wings of Glory won't skin your elbows and knees while practicing." OldGuy59

Jason,

So bad, I haven't even looked for WoGs-Annonymous. All the enablers are sooo smooth talking and seductive, cleverly disguised as buddies and pals, willing to "help" with any "problem" you might have that would interfere with your recovery. Sadly, I'm one of them.

You are welcome, but that may not be a good thing.
    What he said
    Welcome to the Asylum.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

PS: If Zeppelins weren't so big, I'd have sneaked one or more past SWMBO. Still working on where to hide it so she can't find it...
    Someone needs to turn a Zeppelin model into a miniature storage solution!

Quote Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
    Someone needs to turn a Zeppelin model into a miniature storage solution!
    Some crazy guy did once upon a thread . . .

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...imate-Zeppelin!

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    Some crazy guy did once upon a thread . . .

http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...imate-Zeppelin!
    You clearly have waaaaay too much time on your highly talented hands! Love it.

Welcome Jason! And yes, this game consist in buying more and more planes. But why we cant resist??? As Max said, is always ine more plane. But indeed a great Game.
    Thanks

Nick

Ah, Jason... welcome... yes... welcome... There is no friendship here, just mad mad people, talking about planes, helping each other to acquire more planes and spending more time playing, even solo, laughable wouldn't you say? No... no friendship... just crazy... sharing experiences, sending planes to each other... A cookie?! Want some... yes... Yes... the Emperor will be very please with you, young Jason...

Welcome from Portugal.

disposingjayce

Quote Originally Posted by Blackronin View Post
    Ah, Jason... welcome... yes... welcome... There is no friendship here, just mad mad people, talking about planes, helping each other to acquire more planes and spending more time playing, even solo, laughable wouldn't you say? No... no friendship... just crazy... sharing experiences, sending planes to each other... A cookie?! Want some... yes... Yes... the Emperor will be very please with you, young Jason...

Welcome from Portugal.
    Lol thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by disposingjayce View Post
    Hi all,
    Well I found this game a few weeks back and thought it would be fun to try out so I picked up a duel pack. (like that is really going to cut it after you play this game once.) So now I've picked up the other duel pack, a Fokker D.VII (Stark), a Sopwith Camel (Stackard), and a Wings Of Glory: City Game Mat. I'm planning on getting the WW1 advanced rules and accessories off amazon when it's back in stock and maybe a few bombers. Think i'm off to a pretty good start, but my wife is going to kill me lol.

and so it starts....... you should try to get her to play that way some of the minis could be "hers"

Quote Originally Posted by clipper1801 View Post
    stage ten is . . .
    Clipper himself. ;)

Yep - thats definitely the way it starts. It seems to be a non-lethal thing though - ok, except for your purse maybe Still great fun!

Welcome to A.A, my name is James and I've been an addict for about 6 months now. Things just spiraled out of control, like an F.E.2b having lost its right stabilizer.

OH have you seen those on Shapewaaa ......... I'm sorry I'll sit down.

Similar Missions

1. Feeding your addiction
    By Grinneth42 in forum Polls
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 10-06-2014, 02:34
  2. Counseling groups for WGF addiction?
    By STL06 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 04-05-2014, 03:07
  3. Oh crap my WGS addiction seems to be beginning...
    By Xen in forum WGS: General Discussions
    Replies: 32
    Last Post: 06-29-2013, 01:43
  4. Getting started in WOG after 5 yrs.
    By mike_espo in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-03-2013, 22:44
  5. Funding our addiction
    By Hamburger in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:34