Ares Games

Thread: On secondment.

Default On secondment.

Just to let you chaps know that I will be on secondment to the Parliament Army from tomorrow morning until Late Monday evening, so any matters arising must be taken up with your Squadron Leader.
    Squadron Leader Skafloc knows where the key to the liquor store is.
    Have a good Bank Holickday.
    Kyte.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Me honest? I don't know where you got that titbit of intel from WingCo.

Briefing of all pilots in the mess...damn, I mean flight room 2030 tonight.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Question

Did he take all the Gin with him?

Quote Originally Posted by gully_raker View Post
    Did he take all the Gin with him?
    Just so long as he left the brandy.......................

Nothing like wandering around a field all weekend in fancy dress with a spitoon (or should that be pontoon?) in your hand
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Enjoy your weekend, Rob.

Thanks Chaps, I did enjoy the weekend for the most part.

As I am now retired from the field for most events, I did my Living History rendition of the Regimental Gunsmith. Crowds were moderate, but the torrential rain on Monday put paid to most of the Day. The Armies went phut! on the Battlefield, and I sat under my awning wondering if the G&T would last out till Tuesday if we got bogged in. Fortunately, the Sun emerged just after the battle finished, and partially dried the tents before we struck camp, so only airing needed rather than draped up the stairs again.
    Highlight of the weekend was Saturday when quite unannounced two Lancaster Bombers passed over the camp. However, because no cameras are allowed on LH. by the time I got to the tent and unearthed the click box, Mrs K only managed a distant shot of them, but at least we have seen them. I have no idea where they were off to as they are not due in Bournemouth until this coming weekend as far as I know.
    Not much to photograph, but what we have I will put up when I finish unpacking, and cleaning my guns.
    Rob.

Hi Rob, sorry I missed you again!
    on the plus side, I had a game Monday night with Jez B and Nick I from my regiment.
    They had a Camel each, I flew two DR1s. final score, Nick flew off the table for a second time, Jez and I shot each other down in the same final exchange, and my last DR1 went home with only 2 hits taken.
    Best news, Jez is looking for the card version on ebay, and will dobtless fall to the darkside soon enough

Yes, I was sorry to miss you too.
    Eileen decided to get home Monday night because of the weather.
    We must get together and buy Jez a nice Christmas pressie then John.
    I also have my eye on one of our Regiment who lives in north Notts and seems likely to submit to the Force.
    I will work on him again next season, if I can't lure him down here for a game or three over the winter.
    Rob.