Ares Games

Thread: Victorian WGF WoG players

Default Victorian WGF WoG players

Hi everybody

I have been asked to see if there is any interest in a Wings of Glory WGF competition in Geelong on the last weekend of November 2014. There is a WH competition organised on at a venue here and the annex to the main room at the White Eagle Polish Social Club is available for several other games comps. Looks like Warmachine and Malifaux comps will be running but there is room for another game too and so I was asked if I would like to run a Wings of Glory competition. The mini convention will be run all day Saturday and Sunday so there is no reason why a Wings of War comp couldn't be run atleast on the Sunday. There will be a non refundable entry fee to cover the room hire costs and there will be trophies and prizes etc.

More details later on but if anyone is interested you can PM me directly or reply here on this thread. It would be good to get some players from Melbourne, Ballarat or further afield. If anyone wants to come from interstate I could possibly help with accommodation arrangements.

Obviously there is no commitment being asked of anybody at this stage, this is more to test the water to see if there is enough interest before I commit myself. I do need to know though before the end of August.

Cheers
    Trevor

Thumbs up

Good Luck Trevor!
    Hope you get some players to support your efforts!

Thanks Barry, fingers crossed. At this point I have got a fair bit of the prize pool covered and its looking good. I have boards organised for 6 tables if needed. I have sussed out the trophies but I am still looking for a naming rights sponsor/partner and of course players and I wont do that until I know I have the go ahead. The time is ticking away and if I don't get any interest from enough players by the end of the month, then I wont commit and leave the space open for a different game system.

Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Looks like we won't be going ahead with the comp in Geelong then. I might run a single table demo instead.

Trev

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Wilco View Post
    Oh well, nothing ventured, nothing gained. Looks like we won't be going ahead with the comp in Geelong then. I might run a single table demo instead.

Trev
    Ahh that a real shame Trev!
    Better luck next time. Glad you are doing a demo as it works for us up at Cancon & Wintercon.

Hi Barry,

Its alright, it means I can have a bit of fun myself instead of running about like a headless chook trying to please everybody else.

Cheers Trev

I would be up for something, I think there are very few people that check this part of the website. I only checked it on a whim

Maybe you would have had more success looking for Edwardian players. It's at least a little closer to the right time period.

Similar Missions

1. First WoG players
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-08-2013, 15:12
  2. Recruitment: New Players and Old new players
    By flyingryno in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 13:28
  3. Players in Evansville, IN?
    By Dutchy in forum US Wing
    Replies: 2