Ares Games
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Derby World Championships 4 &5 Oct

Default Derby World Championships 4 &5 Oct

Ok chaps,
    I have just received confirmation today, we have two tables for the Derby show in Oct for both days

This will be Ww1 and WW2 both days, or I can bring my Sails for one day if we would like a change.

So can I have a quick show of anyone interested in helping out on both or either table. We normally get around 4 free passes per table.
    So chaps anyone up for this one?

Defo Sunday (can only manage 1 of the 2 days unfortunately). WW1 or WW2 and I'm game to give SoG a go too.

Neil
    See you on the Dark Side......

See you there then Chris.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Perhaps we can have a good talk at Doncaster and finalise what we are doing what day and by whom?

Neil

I have a pass for two days!
    Happy to help with WWI or WWII (ETO)
    A day with each perhaps.

Would love to but have been advised by CinCNAGHome that Thornbury and Donnie will expend the last of my brownie points for the year (plus I'm needed to do equestrian stuff that weekend now as well)

Sorry guys, I think I might be pushing my luck if I said yes to this one
    Run for your life - there are stupid people everywhere!

Count me in chaps for either Saturday or Sunday, I'll ask Hayden if he's free that weekend as well.

I've spoken to Hayden and we'll be there on Saturday chaps

Count me in guys. My pass will only allow me one day so lets chat at Doncaster and see sho can do what days to maximise our attendence. Always a good show.

I will be available for one day, possibly both - will need to sort it out with work colleagues.

Saturday looks like the best option for me as well - this should be good coming only a couple of weeks after Doncaster

Was planning to make Sunday but unfortunately I'll be in sunny Canterbury taking Sean to look at the University there. Damn unfortunate. Fly a plane for me.

Really sorry to hear that Neil.
    I was looking forward to flying one of your Dive Bombers again!
    Are you sure Shaun would not like to go to Derby Uni? It's a very good one.
    Rob.

Unfortuately already booked hotel and trains to Canterbury. If we were in the car I'd stop Sat night Derby and come to show Sunday!

Clear!...Boom!....We have a pulse. I think the thread lives again.

I will be visiting on the Saturday, (weddings allowing, some people book very late!) and I am sharing a car trip up. I will come and give you some moral support/fetch tea/play a bit along with visiting the show. J.

I shall be there Saturday but I'm helping out on a friend's stall so I shall just pop over to say hello.

Rich

Saturday confirmed for me - I will get there early door to assist with set up etc. (and to secure us a few good deals with any stockists, lol)

Remember to wear your wing shirts and Stafford games may give you a bit off

Sounds good chaps.
    I look forward to seeing you all there, if not before at Doncaster.
    Rob.

Employment may have thrown a spanner in the works,
    after months of overtime ban, THEM have implied that weekend may be a mandatory restructuring process for my place of work.

Bad news indeed John.
    I hope that they change the schedule to a later date.
    Rob.

Definitely knackered for this now.
    This should all have taken place begining of this month, but barring further system delays (unlikely now) I am working 4th/5th October.

Unfortunately the wife is selling funny clothes that weekend, and so I'm left minding the post-operative dog.

But it's a little way off, and I'm still holding out a faint hope I might be able to manage a day trip....
    It's a bit dog dependant.

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Definitely knackered for this now.
    This should all have taken place begining of this month, but barring further system delays (unlikely now) I am working 4th/5th October.

Really sorry to hear this John. When its on your doorstep as well it's a double whammy.
    Talking of "on your doorstep" are you at Bradgate Park this weekend?
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by QB Fox View Post
    Unfortunately the wife is selling funny clothes that weekend, and so I'm left minding the post-operative dog.

But it's a little way off, and I'm still holding out a faint hope I might be able to manage a day trip....
    It's a bit dog dependant.
    Hope you manage something Fox, but mainly, how is your lovely dog. I hope she is not too unwell.
    Rob.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Officer Kyte View Post
    Hope you manage something Fox, but mainly, how is your lovely dog. I hope she is not too unwell.
    Rob.
    She's recovering very well; mostly bored and not entirely understanding of why she isn't allowed to run around like a looney.

I need to do some research about parking and so on to work out what's possible if I bring her and leave her in the van....
    It will also depend on whether she's at a stage where I can give her sufficient exercise that's she's happy to snooze a chunk of the day away.

Quote Originally Posted by QB Fox View Post
    She's recovering very well; mostly bored and not entirely understanding of why she isn't allowed to run around like a looney.

I need to do some research about parking and so on to work out what's possible if I bring her and leave her in the van....
    It will also depend on whether she's at a stage where I can give her sufficient exercise that's she's happy to snooze a chunk of the day away.
    Hope you can work something out then.
    Please pass my best wishes on to your Good Lady.
    Rob.

Roger Wingco.

I will be there for both days, see you there guys

I am relieved to hear that Trev.
    Rob.

Really sorry to hear this John. When its on your doorstep as well it's a double whammy.
    Talking of "on your doorstep" are you at Bradgate Park this weekend?
    Rob.
    Again, work related stuff has reared its ugly head on the Saturday, and family stuff has been on the cards for Sunday for some time, so thats a no

Last edited by johnbiggles; 09-11-2014 at 03:08. Reason: double posting

Quote Originally Posted by johnbiggles View Post
    Again, work related stuff has reared its ugly head on the Saturday, and family stuff has been on the cards for Sunday for some time, so thats a no
    Well all I can say is this John, that after Doncaster next weekend:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cHcunREYzNY

Rob.

Ok chaps now Doncaster over this is two weeks away so can I have names for attending and what days.

We have two tables booked, WW2. & WW1 , but if not takers forcWW2 I'll try and get my Sails of Glory into the car

Sorry to miss this year as it was a great weekend last year. I will endeavour to make next year, new job permitting.

Hi Chris, just to confirm I will be there for both days.

I'm still juggling; let the balls fall where they may.

I am able come along Saturday or Sunday to help, (Unfortunately not both).

Both days Chris if your car holds out.
    Rob.

Right, hotel booked, so can I confirm both days for me, please?

Saturday for me! Fancy being my Wingco Rob? Mark has mentioned flying with us for Entente, as we are often outnumbered by Central Powers lol.

What's the general lowdown of the days games/scenarios?

Quote Originally Posted by HTRAINo View Post
    Saturday for me! Fancy being my Wingco Rob? Mark has mentioned flying with us for Entente, as we are often outnumbered by Central Powers lol.

What's the general lowdown of the days games/scenarios?
    Be honoured to fly with you old bean.
    I expect that Chris will be posting the SP on games as soon as he can.Hhe is very busy at the moment.
    Rob.

P.S. Bring a fire extinguisher. My luck at Doncaster is too good to last.
    R.

Be safe bring 2, though I hear at ALDI they are doing boxes of 10 cheap!

Be honoured to fly with you old bean.
    I expect that Chris will be posting the SP on games as soon as he can.Hhe is very busy at the moment.
    Rob.

P.S. Bring a fire extinguisher. My luck at Doncaster is too good to last.
    R.

Well this came around quick did it not?

So for Saturday we have
    Boney10
    HTRAINo
    Baron Rolf
    Flying Helmut
    FOKyte
    Brambo
    Hedeby
    Ringbolt (poss)
    QBFox (poss)

Sun
    Boney10
    Flying Helmut
    FOKyte
    Brambo
    Ringbolt (poss)
    QBFox (poss)

So saturday

FO Kyte WW2
    Hedeby WW2
    Brambo WW2
    Can you bring some WW2 ? I was thinking Malta or med theatre, I can bring some BoB spits etc

Flying Helmut WW1
    HTRAINo WW1
    Baron Rolf WW1

Start with a dogfight in the clouds, then a Chippy or Brattie shop raid

I'll pop in where needed, Ringbolt and QBFox can join in where they want to play if there.

Sunday

WW1
    Flying Helmut
    Brambo

WW2
    FOKyte
    Boney10

Ringbolt and QBFox can join in where they want to play if there.

Format what takes your fancy

I will also try to bring my Sails if anyone wants to try it out on the Sunday

The dog has her x-ray on Monday, which should give us a good angle on her recovery.

I'm going to try and make plans to come down for the Saturday.

I'll let you know as soon as I do.

I've just been doing a bit of searching round for information about the event.

After combining what's written on possibly the worst designed and maintained website I've seen in a while, with the Donnington Park website and Google maps I've figured out exactly where it's being held.

There seems to be some hard standing parking adjacent to the Exhibition Centre, but not enough spaces; presumably they overflow onto the adjacent gravel[?] area?
    Can anyone who's been before confirm?

Yes Fox gravel is good.
    See you there all being well.
    Also do you have a good source for WWI R.F.C. Uniform material? Mrs K. is interested.
    Rob.

Chris.
    Malta Scenario would be good.
    Do you have any preferences?
    Rob.

Yes Fox gravel is good.
    More concerned about distance to the patient, than the ground conditions, but that all looks good.

Also do you have a good source for WWI R.F.C. Uniform material? Mrs K. is interested.
    I am completely ignorant on such matters.
    She'd need to speak to the memsahib; I'm sure she'd be delighted to hear from her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. More Derby Pics
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-05-2013, 04:27
  2. Derby World Championships 28 &29 Sept
    By Boney10 in forum UK Wing
    Replies: 135
    Last Post: 10-03-2013, 12:59
  3. Derby (UK)
    By Doug in forum Officer's Club