Ares Games

Thread: Another Reason to Buy from Shapeways

Default Another Reason to Buy from Shapeways

I have to say I'm very, very impressed with Shapeways.

Some of you may know that I've had a bit of an issue with two of my UFD models that wouldn't hold paint, basically after soaking them in warm soapy water, cleaning them and scrubbing them with a tooth brush, drying, preparing and then putting on a good primer (Ended up using two different types) the paint just wouldn't hold.

So I sent Shapeways an email with some photos of the models and the process used. It turns out that there was probably something wrong in the printing process and as a result they are reprinting the models and will make sure that they are a perfect reprint!

So for those on the fence worried about ordering, this is a company that stands by its product and will bend over backwards to make sure you are happy.

They far exceeded my expectations!

I have had the same experience even when they were overseas! Always fast and generous. My latest additions . . .

I was missing a prop from a ALB DII. Just wanted the prop, they sent me a complete model. Fantastic service.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Mitchell Jetten

Happy to hear you guys are happy with our Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    I was missing a prop from a ALB DII. Just wanted the prop, they sent me a complete model. Fantastic service.
    But you're still missing a prop LOL

Mitchell Jetten

Just so you know, the propellers are, as far as I know, attached to the airplane.
    As we do not make any changes to files, we can't "just" print parts of an airplane that are connected.

In this case it's easier to just print a complete new model.
    In case where 1 file contains multiple parts (so the propeller is not attached to the airplane) there is a chance we only reprint the propeller, but once again, this is more work than just reprinting the full "orderline"

Mitchell

On the only occasion that I have had a problem they also came good and sent the replacement by first class mail. I am very impressed by the whole setup at Shapeways, even though I was not a fan of theirs in the early days.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

In my huge "Reinforcements" order, the pair of Roland DIIs I ordered were actually delivered in the form of two Fokker DVIIs instead.

One email with attached photos later, Shapeways are reprinting and sending the two missing Rolands FOR FREE!

Top service - many thanks indeed.

Similar Missions

1. A new reason to play X-Wing?
    By clipper1801 in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 00:49
  2. Another Bar reason
    By BobP in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-21-2012, 14:12
  3. The Reason I...
    By Blackronin in forum Officer's Club