Ares Games
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biplanes and Triplanes 2014

Lightbulb Biplanes and Triplanes 2014

Military Aviation Museum will hold their WW1 air show October 4th and 5th.

I have been asked to run some WW1 air events as well as other possible WW1 games.

Rich

http://militaryaviationmuseum.org/ww1-airshow_2014.html
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WW1 Air Show.jpg   Fokker DR1.jpg  

Dang, Richard; I wish you weren't so far away!
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Good on you Rich.
    Planes with planes, What more could you ask except a bottle of Gin to go with them.
    Oh! and the pictures of course.
    Rob.
    "Courage is the art of being the only one who knows you're scared to death."

Smile

Karl

We are only 12 hours away. Just take Sr 23 to Chillicothe 35 south to East I-64 , take I-264 east and follow the signs the First Colonial exit!

Rich

Rob

I had a thank you message from the museum events director. My games in May made a good impression and opened a venue for gaming. I wish i had some WW1 ground troops to run some sort of game.

Rich

Bob

I need to do just that. Time to show off your WW1 planes. Do you know anyone with any WW1 ground troops?

Rich

That looks like that will be a lot of fun Rich !

Dave

Yes it is. Add some gaming and you have it all!

Rich

Thumbs up

Way to go Richard!
    Best wishes for a most successful show & games.

Barry

I am really looking forward to the show. This will be the first show i have attended. I have gone out on Fridays for setup and test flights each year. Every year something has interfered with my attending Saturday or Sunday. I gave my ticket away one year when my wife was admitted to the hospital on a Friday afternoon.

Rich

Great, i wish i could go. Hope you have great games, and please post more images for our pleasure
    Thanks

Nick

Nick

Thank you i always look forward any trip out there! If you look at my albums, there are some from past shows.

Rich

Tickets came today and I have my hotel reservations already. Looking forward to the show.

Bob

That was quick. I will be going out there Wednesday or Thursday, i will pick mine up then! Need anything while i am there?

Rich

Thanks but I can wait until Oct. Two weeks until GOA. I mailed Clif to make sure my room is reserved but have not heard back yet.

Air Show update. We will definitely be gaming at B&T 2014! I had a great meeting with Jonathan out at the museum today. It is a chance for some gaming and of course plane watching. That is a Win Win situation!

Rich

Thumbs up

Bob

A little inspiration! John will be doing a Bloody April game!

Rich
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P8280004.jpg   P8280064.jpg  

WOW another shirt to add to all the others I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DCP_4351.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	118.1 KB 
ID:	142064
    Here is a photo from two years ago so I know this year will be just as great.

Attachment 142065

And another. All ready/prepared and looking forward to the weekend.

Bob

Yes a new T-Shirt. Remember i get 10% off!!!!! John will be doing his game on Saturday!

Rich

Bob

I was asked if we would be better in the hanger or in the lobby for the B&T. We would get more exposure in the hanger, but the lobby is wind proof!

Rich

Smile

Three weeks and counting update!

We will be having several gaming events at B&T this year. On Saturday John Snelling will running a Bloody April , plus a 10 mm 1914 land game. On Sunday we will have both a WOG/WOW game and a Aerodrome 2 game. I will be running a 5mm 1914 Sunday. Add planes, Re-enactors, entertainment plus the last two days of the 3rd Annual Mid-Atlantic WWI Dawn Patrol Tidewater Radio Control meet!

Rich

http://www.flytrc.com/flytrc/Dawn_Patrol_2014.html

I've always wanted to attend this (assuming its the same event that used to be held in... September?), but never had a chance. Yesterday my wife said to me something about going on a Venture Scout camping tip with Son#1 that weekend, and that Son#2 would have to stay with me. I said, "Oh, maybe I'll take him to the WWI airshow." And she said, "If I can't get in on the Venture Scout camping trip, maybe we can all go to the WWI airshow."

Soooo... maybe I or we will be there.
    Last edited by jbmacek; 09-11-2014 at 08:15.

John

If you have not been to the MAM it would be a great weekend to attend!

Rich

John hoping you can get down to the show. I know from photos you post that you do WWI. You will enjoy the show.

The missus and I are going to discuss it this evening. After I sent her the link to the website, she seemed really keen on the idea.

She's scoping out hotels even I was type, so it's 99.9% likely that we will be there. Should I bring anything?

John

That is good news! Check with John Snelling. He will be running a game on Saturday. Your Fame on Shapeways proceeds you bring some samples of your fine designs if possible!

Rich

Photos! Photos! Photos!! Please...

John,
    You can display your work at my table if you wish.

John, thanks!
    I'm still not 100% sure of the plan, but I just ordered some decals for the Zeppelin-Staaken, so I can make an attempt to finish it and bring it along, if you like.

That is great. Anything you want to bring is OK. It will be nice to finally meet you!

John I stay at a Court Yard on Greenwich road. Already have my room reserved. It's not close to the event but about a 30 minute drive.

Thumbs up

Two weeks and counting! Looking forward to seeing good friends gaming and of course the Planes!

Rich

Didn't thank about that until I saw this. 2 weeks short time and as you looking forward to seeing my friends and having a good time.
    Last edited by BobP; 09-20-2014 at 12:42.

Quote Originally Posted by BobP View Post
    John I stay at a Court Yard on Greenwich road. Already have my room reserved. It's not close to the event but about a 30 minute drive.
    We'll be right across the highway from you, at the Hilton. It's the weekend of my wife's birthday, and she saw this hotel and wanted to give it a go.

Quote Originally Posted by john snelling View Post
    That is great. Anything you want to bring is OK. It will be nice to finally meet you!
    Likewise!

I've ordered decals for the Staaken, but with getting all the reenacting clothing straightened out, and working on other stuff, I doubt that I'll have it ready in time.

Looks like a great weekend for all. There are many things to do if you get down there early. My first time we went to the USS Wisconsin. 2nd time a harbor cruise and last time Air & Space museum and the Mariners museum where the Monitor is being restored.

Update!

We will be in the Navy hanger. For the first time visitor that is left of the main entrance of the museum. Should be a fun weekend!

Rich

One week and counting and looking forward to seeing all the friends I have met here again. Also good gaming.

Bob

I will be out there Friday for setup. That will give me a chance to see the R/C planes also. Here is a place to visit Virginia War Museum in Hampton. They have a nice WW1 collection. They have photos of the restored FT-17, that will get you in the mood to see some biplanes!

Rich

http://www.warmuseum.org/index.php

Tickets purchased. Crossing fingers and hoping for good flying weather.

Thanks for the info on that museum. I hope the weather next week is like today. Here in MD it is sunny, blue skies and no wind.

I met a number of folks at the Dawn Patrol event at the AF museum in Dayton this weekend that were either going to B&T or couldn't since they went to DP. I told them that someone would be running our game there too.
    Karl
    It is impossible for a man to begin to learn what he thinks he knows. -- Epictetus

Karl

Thank you send them down! How was Dawn Patrol?

Rich

Bob

You know i do not talk about that subject! Never trust a weather man. Last week one was giving his opinion on the chance for rain. He said none, a look out the window said rain!!!

Rich

Quote Originally Posted by richard m schwab View Post
    Karl

Thank you send them down! How was Dawn Patrol?

Rich
    It was fantastic!
    Check out some of the threads on it. Pic coming too!
    Karl
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/sho...n-Patrol-Recap
    http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/album.php?albumid=3123

Leaving Friday morning so will see all on Saturday at MAM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Missions

1. GENE: Biplanes, Triplanes and Seaplanes
    By john snelling in forum Book Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2017, 20:36
  2. WGF 10 Naval Triplanes
    By Boney10 in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-03-2013, 21:29
  3. FUD Sopwith Triplanes
    By Madboyo in forum Shapeways Models