Ares Games

Thread: Solo game

Default Solo game

Hi guys,

Since when i was Nick_ace, i saw AARs and comments saying about solo games.
    First: Where can i find rules for this solo game.
    Second (a very stupid question but still a question): Can i really play alone, without any modifications on the game, besides the rules?
    Thanks

Nick

Yes, you can play solo, Nicholas. If you click on the files link at the top of the page and then look in the 'House rules' sections you will find solo play rules.

Lightbulb

G'day Nick!
    Also check out the rules Dave (flash) has posted in the solo Campaign section. That will give you a great overview how we play solo games.
    The Solo manoeuvre charts & clock template are available to print from the files section.

And if you are like many of us and like a more substantial template that will stand up to a lot of gaming, there is always the acrylic Solo Template from AA Oh, looks like I need to make more of those this weekend.

[/QUOTE]

That is one sweet paint job on that plane.

and the template is very nice too...!
    See you on the Dark Side......

We currently play a spin off from Richard Bradleys fine solo rules and use the template he created Nick. His basic movement charts / rules can be found here: http://tynesidewargames.co.uk/wowrules.html and the movement charts created by Blackronin that we use now can be found here in the files section: http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/dow...p?do=cat&id=63
    Get downloading and give it a try !

Once downloaded then try and get in on one of the campaigns running. They are a blast.
    See you on the Dark Side......

Thanks guys. I'm downloading and learning the rules. But there's another question:
    What's that campaing thing? I like the AARs you post about it...
    Thanks

Nick

Flash (Dave) is running the Early Doors solo campaign. One player will submit a scenario at the beginning of the month over the course of the campaign. Each participant will get to design a scenario over the 18(?) months we will be playing out this campaign. During the month we each play out the new submitted scenario and post our AAR. Dave keep track of all the victories and losses.

Go to http://www.wingsofwar.org/forums/for...r-the-Trenches to see all that is/has been going on. All the campaign rules and scenarios are posted here.

Users Country Flag

Name
    Kev
    Sorties Flown

I was wondering this same thing about the solo rules - just tried them out with a (very unbalanced) impromptu photo-recon scenario, seeing as I don't have anything going on tonight, and got them straight away cheated a bit and guesstimated the angles rather than using the template by getting my eyes down to table level and judging it, but it worked without any issues! Will have to try out a 1-on-1 dogfight tomorrow and really get to grips with it.

Just tried my first game and it was fantastic! Its amazing how the AI works!
    Thanks guys!

Nick

And templates are restocked as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by Oberst Hajj View Post
    And if you are like many of us and like a more substantial template that will stand up to a lot of gaming, there is always the acrylic Solo Template from AA Oh, looks like I need to make more of those this weekend.

Please let me know when you have these in stock again.

Same here along with those neat cockpits.

Baxter

Similar Missions

1. First attempt at a Solo Game!
    By gully_raker in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-27-2013, 19:57
  2. New to the WOG game: How do the solo rules work?
    By russwg1970 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-23-2013, 13:26
  3. 2nd Pacific Solo Experimental Game
    By Blackronin in forum WGS: After Action Reports
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-07-2012, 13:35
  4. First solo game.
    By Mitchell422 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-01-2011, 14:33
  5. Solo 1st Game