Ares Games

Thread: Introducing a gun Jam Token

Default Introducing a gun Jam Token

Having just read a succession of WWII pilots accounts of their actions I did notice that on more than one occasion they or their fellow fliers encountered a gun or cannon jam. Admittedly not too often but never the less it did happen. I am considering introducing 1 gun/cannon jam counter for each of the damage groups. The effect would be as follows .

On a role of a D12
    1-3 6 card jam.
    4-9 3 card jam.
    1-12 Total jam, RTB for repairs.

Just wondering whether anyone else has tried this or something similar as a House Rule.
    Paul

I'm learning to fly, but I ain't got wings
    Coming down is the hardest thing

I am also working under the idea for limited canon ammo. The firers choice to fire MG's, MG's + Canon, Canon only. Using the A damage chit system if a gun jam comes up.
    ie: Firer chooses MG's only and his gun jams draw an A damage chit. Number damage only refers to jammed chits for that weapon system.
    Firer chooses to fire MG's and canon and his gun jams. As above draw an A damage chit. Number damage refers to jammed chits for both sytems.

In both cases if an explosion is drawn then that system is out of ammo.

I should have added that I am going to employ this in the SOLO campaign fire in the skies.
    See you on the Dark Side......

In response to your 'Wish I had a snappy quote', what about 'I knew that curry was hot last night!'

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post
    Having just read a succession of WWII pilots accounts of their actions I did notice that on more than one occasion they or their fellow fliers encountered a gun or cannon jam. Admittedly not too often but never the less it did happen. I am considering introducing 1 gun/cannon jam counter for each of the damage groups. The effect would be as follows .

On a role of a D12
    1-3 6 card jam.
    4-9 3 card jam.

Just wondering whether anyone else has tried this or something similar as a House Rule.
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    In response to your 'Wish I had a snappy quote', what about 'I knew that curry was hot last night!'
    Not bad Neil. Looking forward to one in September, a real one that is none of this Namby Pamby French spicy water stuff.

Me too, still trying to get swmbo to tag along.

Quote Originally Posted by tikkifriend View Post

On a role of a D12
    1-3 6 card jam.
    4-9 3 card jam.

Paul
    I've been playing jam cards as per rules but do have a random event table that has jams that turn A guns into B, and has a jam or two worse than the normal ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Skafloc View Post
    Me too, still trying to get swmbo to tag along.
    Trip down South will do her good , Might even get a tan

Play red jam right gun and green jam left, or upper wing and down.

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    I've been playing jam cards as per rules but do have a random event table that has jams that turn A guns into B, and has a jam or two worse than the normal ones.

Similar Missions

1. XA & I movement deck & 7,62mm damage token questions
    By Thomatchef in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 09-17-2013, 08:49
  2. Explosion token and large aircraft
    By Lord_Ninja in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-25-2013, 10:01
  3. Introducing a novice
    By RJB in forum Officer's Club
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-11-2013, 19:15
  4. Introducing friends to WOW this weekend...
    By Kenny43 in forum WGF: General Discussions
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 09-19-2011, 14:22
  5. Site: Introducing Aerodrome Accessories
    By Oberst Hajj in forum Site News and Announcements
    Replies: 128
    Last Post: 12-03-2010, 18:38