Ares Games

Thread: Broken Altitude Peg

Default Broken Altitude Peg

Hello guys

I was playing some WoW Revised Deluxed Set when i accidentally broked one altitude peg of the SPAD.
    At moment, i felt a pain in my heart, but continued playing (the SPAD had been shot down in the first round).
    So now, i ask you, my dear wingmen: does anyone know how to fix it? The "nozzle" is stuck on the base...
    Thanks

Nick

I had that happen once. I ended up drilling a small hole in the bottom so I could push the bit out of the base.

Thanks Peter, will try this.

Depends if you want to keep the peg piece or not.

With the peg that is broken you can use that as the centre peg of the AA bases.

To get the peg out of your base use a dremmle or pin vice with a medium drill bit ( they normally come with some drill bits so take your choice) and just drill out the peg, after a few turns it will pop out of the hole, honest

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Depends if you want to keep the peg piece or not.

With the peg that is broken you can use that as the centre peg of the AA bases.

To get the peg out of your base use a dremmle or pin vice with a medium drill bit ( they normally come with some drill bits so take your choice) and just drill out the peg, after a few turns it will pop out of the hole, honest
    Thats what I tried first but it had found a new home. I had to attack it from below to win!

Quote Originally Posted by Teaticket View Post
    Thats what I tried first but it had found a new home. I had to attack it from below to win!
    Then try a bigger bit, it will come out without damaging the hole, but of course you lose the peg

Thanks Chris, i will try that. I was thinking that if i taked it out, i could glue it back to the peg.
    Do you think that this would work?
    Thanks

Nick

If simply gluing it does not work, you may have to drill fine holes in the peg piece and the rest of the peg and insert a small piece of metal like a piece from a sewing pin.

Quote Originally Posted by Barkmann View Post
    Thanks Chris, i will try that. I was thinking that if i taked it out, i could glue it back to the peg.
    Do you think that this would work?
    Thanks

Nick
    Hi Nic, no using the method I describe you will lose the peg, using Peters you should recover the broken peg.
    As for gluing, try using a plastic cement type glue, this will melt the two pieces together to give a good bond.
    David's method is good also

Thanks guys, i will try to recover the piece of the peg tomorrow.
    I i have sucess i contact you.
    Thanks

Nick

You could always put a ball on the bottom of your plane and a magnet on one of your pegs. Check out this thread here and look here to buy some.

Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Boney10 View Post
    Hi Nic, no using the method I describe you will lose the peg, using Peters you should recover the broken peg.
    As for gluing, try using a plastic cement type glue, this will melt the two pieces together to give a good bond.
    David's method is good also
    It is not my method. It comes from the Anchorage where it was used by Nightmoss to repair a broken mast.

The process didn't go well, so i just glued the peg back to the rest of it, that was stuck in the base. So the base now have one unrevovable peg. It looks good and i don't have any problem playing with it.
    Thanks

Nick

Similar Missions

1. Campaign idea: What if war had broken out in 1938?
    By MrWibbles in forum WGS: Campaign Discussions
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 15:38
  2. Saulnier Type N propeller broken
    By Bruno.hofke in forum Hobby Room
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-18-2013, 06:38
  3. Super fast bombers. Are the rules broken?
    By vacca rabite in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 04-28-2011, 11:15
  4. Altitude - WoW WWI
    By Gargoyle in forum WGF: Rules Help
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 04-02-2011, 04:26
  5. Altitude
    By Bigman in forum WGS: Rules Help
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 11-09-2009, 00:50